ABF | TForce Contract

I don't know if you've ever used Fleet Net but it is the biggest pile of garbage known to man! You could walk home faster than they got anybody to come out and fix your equipment! Lol. Whoever bought it got stolen from as far as I'm concerned.
When ABF bought World Way/Carolina the company, (FleetNet), was part of what ABF kept. I forget what the company was named back then but it is now FleetNet. I filed a grievance a while before I retired because the shop contract specifically stated the company could not use a vendor they owned that competed with Teamster shop. Not only did the company violate that by trying to use FleetNet but there were breakdowns within a few miles of the shop where the load was delayed till the driver was out of hours. We could have made repairs/retrievals & had the load moving in a fraction of the time at a fraction of the cost. Some lower level management would spend a thousand company dollars to ***** us out of a hundred. It was a policy in the shop that a CDL was required for road calls & several mechanics had them for that reason.
I am sure FleetNet, like other companies has had problems hiring & keeping maintenance personnel. I don't know what they pay but I am sure it is not enough to attract & retain mechanics. I will have to go back to look at quarterly reports but as I remember FleetNet has not been very profitable. Long breakdown delays would send customers to competitors. So ArcBest probably made a wise decision to sell while there was a buyer.