ABF | Thank a Vet..remembering on this Hallowed Monday

6PakAbs

TB Veteran
Credits
ok, so we vote and that's that..
But let's remember the men and women that paid the ultimate sacrifice for all of us this weekend so that we could vote (not just on the contract). And while you're at it, when you see a veteran, thank them for their service.

And while we are at it, why are the NFL players "required" to stand for the National Anthem? If they don't respect our country, then they should go to another country (without a wall, of course) and live out their high end life styles there...maybe they could move to Central America and take back the "illegals" with them...oh well, didn't mean to vent.

Thank a vet and remember always...I had a brother killed in 'Nam..so this remembrance has a special place in my heart..God Bless America!

Thank you, Brother.

And,........although your thread has a very noble purpose,........I'd like to say I've never seen any of those NFL players do anything,....disrespectful.

They've quietly knelt in protest,......quietly linked arms,.......quietly protested in an orderly and respectful manner......

If you want to see disrespect during the Anthem,.....go back by the snack bars,......look in the stands for the Yahoos still wearing hats, holding beers, and chattering to their buddies,......Listen for the brain-dead idiot who starts hollering about halfway through the last stanza........There's your...."disrespect".....

I am a veteran, myself,.....son and grandson of a veteran,....and father of an active-duty sailor overseas......

I think the idea is that we've all served so that everyone's voice can be heard.......in their own manner of choosing.

Now,....if the players were...dancing around,...adjusting their jock-straps,....talking and laughing,....and IGNORING...the Anthem,......THAT would be disrespectful.....

Someone pointed out to me a long time ago,....that the difference between all other countries and ours,....is that other countries are based on land, territory, and customs,.....and we are based on a piece of paper delineating our Rights.

Forced "Patriotism" has already been tried in several....European and Asian countries.....with disastrous results....

I respect your sentiment, greatly......And your Right to voice it,........And,...other people's Right of dissension......

Thank you, Brother.

And,........although your thread has a very noble purpose,........I'd like to say I've never seen any of those NFL players do anything,....disrespectful.

They've quietly knelt in protest,......quietly linked arms,.......quietly protested in an orderly and respectful manner......

If you want to see disrespect during the Anthem,.....go back by the snack bars,......look in the stands for the Yahoos still wearing hats, holding beers, and chattering to their buddies,......Listen for the brain-dead idiot who starts hollering about halfway through the last stanza........There's your...."disrespect".....

I am a veteran, myself,.....son and grandson of a veteran,....and father of an active-duty sailor overseas......

I think the idea is that we've all served so that everyone's voice can be heard.......in their own manner of choosing.

Now,....if the players were...dancing around,...adjusting their jock-straps,....talking and laughing,....and IGNORING...the Anthem,......THAT would be disrespectful.....

Someone pointed out to me a long time ago,....that the difference between all other countries and ours,....is that other countries are based on land, territory, and customs,.....and we are based on a piece of paper delineating our Rights.

Forced "Patriotism" has already been tried in several....European and Asian countries.....with disastrous results....

I respect your sentiment, greatly......And your Right to voice it,........And,...other people's Right of dissension......
Brother Canary, thanks for your service and your family's service, but I served to and it is not the kneeling that bothers me but the reason they are kneeling. The people at the snack bar are not protesting anyone or anything.

Brother Canary, thanks for your service and your family's service, but I served to and it is not the kneeling that bothers me but the reason they are kneeling. The people at the snack bar are not protesting anyone or anything.

Protesting an injustice that seems to be race-specific,........would be something, say,.....a Jew in pre-war Germany wouldn't have the ability to do.........

They are making a....respectful,...point. And,....the fact that anyone pays any attention to them ,...ONLY,.....because they are semi-famous,....is not lost on them.

If they were on a street corner during a parade, and they took a "knee",.......what do you think would be the reaction? Certainly not national headlines,.........at least,..until one of them got shot during arrest........

Or,...maybe until they ran into Starbucks to escape the pitchfork crowd.......

Supposed to be "Love" of country that makes you want to stand,.........Not an Imperial Edict pronouncing you Must Stand,....or be branded a Traitor........

Protesting an injustice that seems to be race-specific,........would be something, say,.....a Jew in pre-war Germany wouldn't have the ability to do.........

They are making a....respectful,...point. And,....the fact that anyone pays any attention to them ,...ONLY,.....because they are semi-famous,....is not lost on them.

If they were on a street corner during a parade, and they took a "knee",.......what do you think would be the reaction? Certainly not national headlines,.........at least,..until one of them got shot during arrest........

Or,...maybe until they ran into Starbucks to escape the pitchfork crowd.......

Supposed to be "Love" of country that makes you want to stand,.........Not an Imperial Edict pronouncing you Must Stand,....or be branded a Traitor........
I'm sorry I brought up the NFL example...to me, it is a form of disrespect...sorry I offended anyone..they offend me when they kneel...So, If i could remove the post I would...didn't mean to show disrespect for the disrepectul...