R&L | Thank You R&L for the 401-k Match!!!

braceface

TB Regular
Credits
R&L has contributed the company match to our 401-k on 3-5-09...

During these tough economic times, R&L could have easily taken this from us this year, but they didn't...

Thank you Mr. Roberts, you are a class act!!!!:clap:

During these tough economic times, R&L could have easily taken this from us this year, but they didn't...

A class act? Is that why they make city drivers buy their own pallet jacks to move his customers freight. These days anything can happen. He may turn around and take 5 or 10% of your pay just like other companies.

Because you take care of what YOU own. Grow up and quit trying to start trouble here. We are growing while other companies are laying off or shutting down.

Yes, a "CLASS ACT"!!!!

Don't worry about our pallet jacks suprsprt, nobody is asking "YOU" to buy one..

Yes, these days anything can happen...Which companies are taking pay cuts, only YRC and Holland from what I understand..

(Is this where you work, or are laid off from?)

Why are you wanting to cause trouble on the R&L forum????

Are you mad at us cause our business is doing well??

Whats the problem dude???

Because you take care of what YOU own. Grow up and quit trying to start trouble here. We are growing while other companies are laying off or shutting down.
I agree! It was no big deal buying a pallet jack when I was a city driver. That way I knew it was mine and I took care of it. If something did break on it too, the shop would always fix it with no problems.

He clearly just tried to get a rise out of us however most of us accepted the purchase of the pallet jacks and as said we take care of them.I lock mine up every night and every morning I know exactly where it is.Plus you can take it with you if you ever leave.

Its funny, its always the ones that don't work for us that have an issue with us buying our own pallet jack...As you guys have stated, it yours, its taken care of, you can take it home, and you can tae it with you when you leave the company...

Personally, i wouln't want it any other way...Can you magine having to search for a pallet jack in the morning, and then only finding a piece of junk that has not been taken care of...

I'll take "MINE", that has been taken care of...:duh:

Its funny, its always the ones that don't work for us that have an issue with us buying our own pallet jack...As you guys have stated, it yours, its taken care of, you can take it home, and you can tae it with you when you leave the company...

Personally, i wouln't want it any other way...Can you magine having to search for a pallet jack in the morning, and then only finding a piece of junk that has not been taken care of...

I'll take "MINE", that has been taken care of...:duh:

Well said, in the case of equipment like this, they are better taken care of when they are their own.

I certainly have to give them that. They could have pulled a Con-Way on us, but they didn't.

R L rocks but I'm still holding my breath everyday I hear carriers taking 5% 10% 15% back I make a great living but I spend about every dime I make cost of living now days is high.grocery stores charge you to walk in the door and about 50.00 a bag to leave

Pallet jacks

The post was deleted but it's easy to tell it was a troll whining about R&L guys having to buy their own jacks. Lets see Conway just gave back 5% if the driver I talked to was being honest he makes 60k so that 5% translates to about $58 a week, My pallet jack I just bought brand new & free shipping cost me $335. 335 divided by 58 works out to about 6 weeks & my jack is paid for, but he still has $58 removed from his check 46 more weeks so who is ahead. Seems I heard something on the order of 10% giveback for YRC!!! HMMMM I will stick with R&L & buy my new jack every 5 yrs or so.

I have to laugh at what some of you say about the union cos. out here. We might have had to take a cut in pay but it was our choose by 77%.We dont have to buy pallet jacks & load bars because our first class company cares about protecting our customers freight unlike your co.Also we get paid time & a half for over 40 hours in a given week ,unlike your ratty outfit along with estes. we also have a terrific pension that is 100 % co. contributions,if you clowns actually figured out what you made if your co. paid you time & a half like there supposed to you would realize theyre paying you about 15-16 dollars an hour. What a joke no wonder they can afford to sponser nascar.have a nice day,all I know is it would be a better world if we all stuck together & joined the union & put corporate greed in its place

I have to laugh at what some of you say about the union cos. out here. We might have had to take a cut in pay but it was our choose by 77%.We dont have to buy pallet jacks & load bars because our first class company cares about protecting our customers freight unlike your co.Also we get paid time & a half for over 40 hours in a given week ,unlike your ratty outfit along with estes. we also have a terrific pension that is 100 % co. contributions,if you clowns actually figured out what you made if your co. paid you time & a half like there supposed to you would realize theyre paying you about 15-16 dollars an hour. What a joke no wonder they can afford to sponser nascar.have a nice day,all I know is it would be a better world if we all stuck together & joined the union & put corporate greed in its place

I tagged you because your a troll but Where did you ever hear that we pay for load bars?Our company has lots of load protection that they pay for.All we pay for is a pallet jack and a hand truck and most of us are happy to do it.

I got screwed when i worked because i never got a chance to buy my own pallet and hand truck.

If we are so ratty then why are you on here bashing us? You need to open your eyes and see what's happening around you. If we wanted to work for a union co. we could have chose to do so before coming here. I have personally seen what the union can do to a company and I choose not to be associated with them. Most of us have been driving trucks for awhile and did have options when we came here.

I have to laugh at what some of you say about the union cos. out here. We might have had to take a cut in pay but it was our choose by 77%.We dont have to buy pallet jacks & load bars because our first class company cares about protecting our customers freight unlike your co.Also we get paid time & a half for over 40 hours in a given week ,unlike your ratty outfit along with estes. we also have a terrific pension that is 100 % co. contributions,if you clowns actually figured out what you made if your co. paid you time & a half like there supposed to you would realize theyre paying you about 15-16 dollars an hour. What a joke no wonder they can afford to sponser nascar.have a nice day,all I know is it would be a better world if we all stuck together & joined the union & put corporate greed in its place[/QUOTE

Back too work yet??? :popcorn:

I have to laugh at what some of you say about the union cos. out here. We might have had to take a cut in pay but it was our choose by 77%.We dont have to buy pallet jacks & load bars because our first class company cares about protecting our customers freight unlike your co.Also we get paid time & a half for over 40 hours in a given week ,unlike your ratty outfit along with estes. we also have a terrific pension that is 100 % co. contributions,if you clowns actually figured out what you made if your co. paid you time & a half like there supposed to you would realize theyre paying you about 15-16 dollars an hour. What a joke no wonder they can afford to sponser nascar.have a nice day,all I know is it would be a better world if we all stuck together & joined the union & put corporate greed in its place[/QUOTE

Back too work yet??? :popcorn:

Thats why his name is skibum.

Union brotherhood

If you notice....... The only drivers left that talk about how great the u-word is, are the ones still working. Time and a half times 0 hours is still 0.I don't think the 3,000 or so people sitting at home would agree that it is the best thing that happened to them! We don't mind buying a pallet jack, since we don't pay dues to people who run the company in the ground. Just go back to your little union forum, and talk to your brothers about how great it is, and we will keep taking your freight and working 50 hours without time and a half!!!!! Have a nice day:smilie_132: