XPO | Thanks XPO

I was just talking to a p&d driver. Here's what he texted me.. After i told him they just fired people.
(No :::shit:::,i heard they wanted to re-hire us as independent contractors.)
But everything is great. That's a nice shinny penny.

Once they start interlining everything and consolidating the business across the full scope of XPO there will be all kinds of tears and pouting. Grow up. You've had plenty of time to adjust your personal situation.

Thanks.. Yeah I have something lined up so I should be good.

A man with a CDL and willing to work should still be just fine. And this place has slipped far enough that your new compensation should not be far off of your present income. It ain't like years ago. Where you were losing pension and 100% health care. It's just a check. Any employer will cut you a check for your time.

I told some zone guys near me about your story. If you are willing. Could you personal message me the SIC code of your zone. They are on edge a bit. They were always under the impression that they would be pulled into a nearby barn if the zone folded. And even if they didn't want it, or the drive was to far, that they would at least be offered a position to stay with the company.

Hmmmmm......... zone drivers sh¡t canned. New, Otr truck friendly pups. Hmmmmm.......got them gears and lube flowing in my brain housing group.
This has piqued my interest. Does any one else want to throw a lil more fuel to the flames?

Saw this out in Illinois
3wyqvqH.jpg

Saw this out in Illinois
3wyqvqH.jpg
Don't get your panties in a bunch just yet. That company Jacobson Logistics is the company Norbert bought. Then XPO buys Norbert. I also have to guestion the trailer number 841-7016. All our vans start with a 4 and we got 2 new ones this year and they and they start with 463.
So in short he is not a sub-contractor he's an XPO employee

Don't get your panties in a bunch just yet. That company Jacobson Logistics is the company Norbert bought. Then XPO buys Norbert. I also have to guestion the trailer number 841-7016. All our vans start with a 4 and we got 2 new ones this year and they and they start with 463.
That may be Jacobson, based out of Des Moines, Ia. They are a warehouse, and transportation company, with warehouses in many states....

Hmmmmm....... I believe the old Con-way truckload division did not use numbers in the same sequence as the ltl side. So why the change? Are these a new number designation, denoting they are otr trailers that can handle forty thousand plus pounds. Hmmmm.....are the linehaul drivers destined to be short haulers or a thing of the past? Hmmmmm.......yes, more questions.

Last edited:
The 841 numbers could be logistics and last mile freight. Not ltl. Remember, ltl is only one tentacle of this company.

It makes sense to me now. In the video, they said all dollies would be replaced my Q1 2018. That would allow them to use all equipment between the ltl, logistics, and warehousing divisions.
I think your on the right track.The dollies are getting a little long in the tooth 30 yrs for that kind of equipment is old.

Last edited:
If memory serves me correctly, 4 = CCX, 6 = CSE, 8 = CWX. Someone correct me if their knowledge is better.

Yes, XPO owns the Jacobson Co. XPO has a facility in Corbin, KY that was Jacobson.

If memory serves me correctly, 4 = CCX, 6 = CSE, 8 = CWX. Someone correct me if their knowledge is better.

Yes, XPO owns the Jacobson Co. XPO has a facility in Corbin, KY that was Jacobson.

You are close ole man,

The old 4 prefix was the CCX region
5-CWX
6-CSE
7-CSW

Don't know bros. Two year anniversary of buyout is just around the corner. We were told XPO would leave operations as is for two years. Big shake up on the horizon. Hold on to your marbles.

Don't know bros. Two year anniversary of buyout is just around the corner. We were told XPO would leave operations as is for two years. Big shake up on the horizon. Hold on to your marbles.
Or you could just do your job as safely and efficiently as possible, and quit worrying about ::shit:: you have zero control over.