The 107 vote came in .......

oldguydriver

TB Lurker
Credits
The vote is in.....we all lose! Everyone thought NCT had a boatload of money. Union guys full of crap as always. Retirement here I come.......no bank would touch NCT with the debt they had and the union issue unresolved.Will 107 offer you guys jobs? Nope.....back to a non union carrier.
The worm has turned.........

.......no bank would touch NCT with the debt they had and the union issue unresolved..

Are you claiming that NCT couldn't get financing because of the Teamsters? I think that is a lame excuse especially since YRCW, with all it's debt, has been able to repeatedly get much larger bank financing.

As for 107 jobs why not apply at ABF in Philly or Vincentown if you think you can qualify?

I hope your retirement will last one day before you drop dead . The union had nothing to do with us closing . Poor mgmt and take the money and run Harry did

oldguydriver, nct management had the boatload of money....in their pockets!!!! The hearing is still going through to the end... that way if it proves the union has the votes it goes retro to december 2013 and now you have the international to make sure you at least get your 60 day severance plus sick days, vac days etc. Good luck fighting for all that on your own!!!

oldguydriver, nct management had the boatload of money....in their pockets!!!! The hearing is still going through to the end... that way if it proves the union has the votes it goes retro to december 2013 and now you have the international to make sure you at least get your 60 day severance plus sick days, vac days etc. Good luck fighting for all that on your own!!!
Hes not even worth a response, like I said in a previous response to him....driving all these years & still don't have a clue....

Beachguy aka darksky, your smart enough to know the union had nothing to do with this. Heck you work side by side with them.

Shields said he would never allow a union in his company. He said he would shut down before that would happen. They spend over 2 million fighting the union. Arrogant management who cared nothing of the 1500 employees. Drivers are wondering if this caused the financial crisis they state in their letter to us. And of course buying P&P. Definitely poor management drove them under.

You know where I stand as far as the union, that said ask the guys at CF how it works

The vote is in.....we all lose! Everyone thought NCT had a boatload of money. Union guys full of crap as always. Retirement here I come.......no bank would touch NCT with the debt they had and the union issue unresolved.Will 107 offer you guys jobs? Nope.....back to a non union carrier.
The worm has turned.........

You go right ahead and retire scum bag! Because if you and your other 93 buddies had voted yes we all would have the legal backing from the Union to collect what's due us under the Warn Act. New Century has been in debt longer than the attempt to organize. And if you happen to notice in the letter they are trying to screw you again! But as Teamster Forever states your on your own pal! And yes I have my choice of a couple of Union jobs thanks to Local 107! Have a happy retirement!

Good luck fighting for all that on your own!!!

You know where I stand as far as the union, that said ask the guys at CF how it works

I would blame the bankruptcy laws instead of the unions. It's the courts that allow companies to file bankruptcy and avoid paying WARN obligations. At least the workers at companies like CF and APA had a union to fight for their back monies. Who fought for the Jevic employees?

Just asking.

Well the good news is the union keeps their perfect record, every LTL company they is shut down or in a give back which is close to it...
Sad how unions kill companies....

Well the good news is the union keeps their perfect record, every LTL company they is shut down or in a give back which is close to it...
Are you sure it isn't Truckingboards' fault?

I wasn't aware UPS Freight is on a give back plan. I'll check tonight when I go to work. Thanks for giving me a head's up.

Tell us oh great one how the union killed NCT? By the way how is your lawsuit with the pension fund going? Your lawyer must be costing you a small fortune.

I would blame the bankruptcy laws instead of the unions. It's the courts that allow companies to file bankruptcy and avoid paying WARN obligations. At least the workers at companies like CF and APA had a union to fight for their back monies. Who fought for the Jevic employees?

Just asking.
I am Pro union just saying you're not gonna get blood out of a stone

I am Pro union just saying you're not gonna get blood out of a stone

You are correct and I agree with you on that. But at least with a union's support they would have the resources to turn over a few stones and see what might have been hidden. The last I heard union lawyers were still looking for APA's hidden money in order to satisfy a WARN judgment against them