Yellow | The $27 Million Repair Rift: Estes vs. Yellow Corp – Shocking Revelations

:chairshot:
(again) The details on Tank Transport's article came out in the first week of November - well before both of Yellow's first two property auction sales in late Nov and mid Dec. Notice how, without blinking an eye, Estes has since purchased a combined 29 properties for a total of $284M. They are VERY aware of just how valuable the real estate locations are, regardless of deferred maintenance and other site issues - and it clearly didn't stop a thing! Be careful of your source.

*The other TT website (Transport Topics), is the only TT link that you should bother reading. The former released a "new" article, with information that was 7 weeks old - laughable and of questionable intent.

They're worth so much, it doesn't matter. And the accepted sale bids/contracts are FINAL. The high majority of Yellow's former real estate is a gold mine to the trucking (especially LTL) industry.

Real estate is now a huge portion of an LTL Carriers portfolio. The cost for terminals is now a huge stumbling block for any new carrier to enter into the business.
That may have played a part in their decision to purchase so many properties. I am not sure. or perhaps play landlord until they are needed.
Either way more than 1/4 of a Billion $$$ is a great sum of money.....

Yeah they never fixed anything , like broken doors & big pot holes in yard & etc other broken stuff ..........

They're worth so much, it doesn't matter. And the accepted sale bids/contracts are FINAL. The high majority of Yellow's former real estate is a gold mine to the trucking (especially LTL) industry.
The land may have value. The buildings aren't worth very much. It is nothing more than old concrete and wornout sheet metal. Trucking isn't a gold mine industry. It is a steady necessary industry. There are only a few transportation companies that the average person has heard of, and ltl isn't on any list.

Yeah they never fixed anything , like broken doors & big pot holes in yard & etc other broken stuff ..........
Hell don’t worry, Estes doesn’t fix potholes in their own yards (well, except for mine, our TM got ours paved a couple of months back) so they’ll fit right in.