Estes | The 3rd eye

mildew

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
These guys seem to be hitting us pretty hard lately. A few drivers had lost their job and some have gotton 3 days off. A 093 driver was suspended for 3 days for running a car off the road. He later found out he wasn't working the day of the incident. Most drivers are finding out about their reports 4 months later, then it's their word against yours. I had a car pull beside me and follow me for a long distance. He then got in front of me and slowed down to 55. I dropped back about 300 yards and adjusted my speed. He then slowed some more and when I passed him he stayed at my rear trailer wheel. The speed limit was 55 but most were going 65/70. I was in the left lane for a while and had to squeeze back in front of him. They pulled along side again and followed me for a long distance just looking at me. I'm not sure but it may have been a couple of ****'s but I think it was those 3rd eye guys because of the equipment in the car. I guess I'll find out how bad I drive in 4 months.

I wouldn't hesitate to call 911, especially if I've got a placarded load. It's tough enough out there without these 3rd eye goobers screwing up the works.

I'm a gold member at state farm which means my insurance will never go up regardless if I have 1000 accidents or 20 dui's. The reson I have it that way is because I have 0 accidents since I started driving at 16. I have 0 accidents in my big rig career. I don't need these badge wearing wannabee's that have 4" thick glasses writing me up for some bullshit they created.

I could be wrong.If I was fired because of these 3rd eye goofs I would be dialing 1-800-Shyster Attorney.A civil suit might get their attention.Some of those Drivers that lost jobs might have relatives or friends with a Badge.

IMHO those "professionals" have every incentive to get you in a bad situation. If all the can show is safe drivers they will lose business. They follow you in crap traffic like Atlanta and when some sh@t head cuts you off your depicted as the offender. If I came across one of those "professionals" In my 4 wheeler I may display an unkind gesture . Ill leave it there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got popped for following too close a little over a wear ago. There was no video evidence and in the written report my distance was increasing as we were moving. This, along with the location, one interstate merging into the one I was traveling on, leads me to believe that someone pulled in front of me and I slowed down to increase my distance. Not sure how long they were following me, but I'm a P&D driver and the time of day cited I would've been on the way to my route area,45 minutes from the terminal. If thats the only thing they could pin on me in that distance, I feel pretty good.

I have been hearing more and more about this third eye outfit catching our drivers doing this or that in traffic situations. Alot of following to close is being brought up, but also speeding. Heard stories of a couple of drivers getting popped for speeding, they were following the traffic flow at 60-65 mph, when in a 55 mph zone, and busted for speeding

Also this watch my truck guy that drives around Knoxville, Atlanta and Chattanooga does not seem to catching our trucks on his video. Seems weird, but as long as he doesn't get me, I won't be asking for trouble.

With all these companies being paid to be watch dogs, now a days, I guess one has to be on his toes all the time as you never know who is watching you. Was coming up on a Fed ex O/O set the other day in the rain, and could see by his tracks that he was using both lanes, going down the road. Was not quite up to him when a state trooper passed me up and fell in behind him, and followed him for several miles. Good thing for him he staightened up his act, and was not pulled over, but leads me to believe, someone dropped the dime on him with a cell phone.

Guess the moral of the story is watch your back, drivers !!!!

This 3rd eye is an Estes thing??? I am a Con-way driver but I am curious what this 3rd eys is. Estes pays someone to follow you guys around???

I knew an O/O that got a call.One of your drivers flew by me running over the limit.O/O said yea you A hole if you would get off your cell phone an out of the left lane running 45MPH. I wouldn't have to fly by you.O/O was driving the truck

This 3rd eye is an Estes thing??? I am a Con-way driver but I am curious what this 3rd eys is. Estes pays someone to follow you guys around???

Its a company that gets paid by trucking companies to give detailed reports on random drivers throughout the US. I guess they only target the drivers of the companies that pay them. I imagine your company only hires professionals and figured it would be a big waste of money. Lol .....

The #rd eye guys got me for following to close in Adamsville AL about 7 months ago and like someone said, it was about 4 months before anything said. Had me "retrained", take test and sign and mail back in with term Mngr signing off. Try driving into Bham at 7 am without having vehicle cut i front of you between red lites and cut you short. Stated that they followed me from Jasper to Bham and only problem was there. Major route for our area but he followed me. Everyone has a job to do, but 26 years and no accidents or write ups and get BS like this, take my wheel sometime and see what you get, lol. They never seem to look at the other vehicle but how you handle yours, this is my job and livelyhood, I have to respect it and know how it handles. If I lost my job toone of these, they better damn well have some good video of a major screw upon my part. Safe driving!

Welcome to the boards heavyduty. Its tuff on this side of the country. These trucks are too slow for the hammer lane and tooo fast for the granny lane.

The #rd eye guys got me for following to close in Adamsville AL about 7 months ago and like someone said, it was about 4 months before anything said. Had me "retrained", take test and sign and mail back in with term Mngr signing off. Try driving into Bham at 7 am without having vehicle cut i front of you between red lites and cut you short. Stated that they followed me from Jasper to Bham and only problem was there. Major route for our area but he followed me. Everyone has a job to do, but 26 years and no accidents or write ups and get BS like this, take my wheel sometime and see what you get, lol. They never seem to look at the other vehicle but how you handle yours, this is my job and livelyhood, I have to respect it and know how it handles. If I lost my job toone of these, they better damn well have some good video of a major screw upon my part. Safe driving!

heavyduty,i wouldn't worry about it ,I would be highly insulted as you should be after 26 years,that should tell anyone who had a clue you kinda know how to conduct yourself while behind the wheel of a truck.I have two friends one from yellow and another from ups freight,both have had the same thing happen to them which tells me everybody doing it not just Estes.I also talked to my neighbor who is also a state trooper about this,his first statement was, their more of a danger than anything.thats also where i got the recommendation to call 911 if you do notice these scumbags following you, then you have the legal side,9if they were to fire you over this, you could jam them up in all kind of ways.First they cannot use this against you unless its an investigation done by the proper authorities(cops,feds,dot)what they are doing is called surreptitious recording this falls under an aray of federal and state laws,invasion of privacy that would cause you harm,ie firing your ass,this is considered a tort and civil wrong and you can sue the ever lovin bejesus out of them.they have to have your express consent,or, oral consent that you know your being filmed.One more important thing is,if you know your being followed and filmed by one of these guys,dont wave to them or let them know you know that they are there,no middlefinger,throwing a full cup of dip spit on their windsheild, or scaring the ::shit:: out of them with a little wiggle of your empty pup,this can be considered implied consent,and it could be said you knew you were being filmed.hope this can help someone in the future.Stay safe.Also just covering my ass and making Jeff happy, Im not a lawyer,just another driver.