The awaited Revolution???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by a9faninnc, Apr 12, 2014.

1. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

Personally, I seldom buy steak anymore, Monsanto ruined feed corn, it's putrid, cattle raised on it produce tasteless beef, I'm old enough to remember what steak should taste like. That being said, if I was reflecting on the high cost global warming wouldn't come to mind. If it concerns you so much, turn off your computer, your air conditioner, your TV and all your other electric appliances, get rid of your car, walk or ride a bicycle, sustain yourself foraging for nuts and berries......do your part, save the planet Magoo.

2. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Great marketing tool I bet they sell those at a big markup

3. SuperCourse

Family's been doing it for 100 years. Thanks for your wisdom.

4. Magoo

I stopped eating beans

5. Magoo

And been using Government land to graze.
    His ranch won't support all his cattle so he should raise just the amount he can on his own land
    If you have a 1000 acre ranch and the conditions allow for 1 cow/calf per 10 acres , then you can only raise 100 pair, or lease more land or buy more feed.
    You guys like this because you see him as sticking it to Obama, the milita nuts gathering and hoping for a shoot out.
    But the Rancher is a mooch not paying for what he's using but that kind of mooch is OK here right?

6. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

First- you haven't been to a mountain desert so you're just guessing (and wrong).

Second- you didn't answer my questions! Would YOU pay a made up out of nowhere tax? Was the tax there before and he stopped- or was it new and he rightfully refused because it is an illegal tax?

7. SuperCourse

I hope so, it would help mitigate the financial damage done to an American icon for political retaliation by a corrupt Justice Department.

8. SuperCourse

Not true, I like it because I find it comforting to know that there are still some wide open spaces left and some horseback riding ranchers doing what they've done for generations. I don't want to see that replaced with acres of hideous solar panels or goofy windmills. If they want to force those innefficient eyesores on us why don't they stick them in places that are already ruined, like alongside Interstate highways or in cities

9. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Wrong! His family farmed this way Legally until the Government changed the rules on him under Clinton (not Obama). He appears to have said Then- this tax is illegal and I'm not changing how I do things. The Clinton Admin did nothing to enforce their own rules. Neither did the Bush Admin. Nor Obama's first term. NOW- they send snipers, and the Nevada Militia-types stand up in defense. Get it right Mags. The guy did the same thing since 1870 and now they changed the rules. No different than if Big Gov comes and takes your house because a sea turtle might want to nest there.

10. Magoo

I grew up in Southern California, Im not an expert on deserts but have seen a lot of them.
    Your questions is assuming the government just decided to charge the man and thats not true
    you can read about it here: History of Public Land Grazing

As you can imagine its not fair for ranchers in Indiana who must purchase or lease large pastures to raise beef to be in competition with western ranchers who graze on land they didn't have to purchase or lease

11. Magoo

The government offered up a lease but this guy wants it for free, I think he needs his head examined and if someone gets killed then someone will be going to prison.

This is like some of the crack pots who don't believe in Taxs.
    No we aren't paying because we don't believe in it, LOL
    You'll have your day in court tell it to the judge

12. AzPilot

AzPilot Well-Known Member

The Constitution gives the Feds the right to do just that under Article 4.

It's already been ruled on by the Supreme Court............. ww.casebriefs.com/blog/law/constitutional-law/constitutional-law-keyed-to-cohen/the-scope-of-national-power/kleppe-v-new-mexico/

The fact is we don't like paying taxes or in this case grazing fees, but it's the law.

Don't pay your taxes and see how long it takes for the IRS to issue a levy.

13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

So you change again? You've posted on here you grew up in NJ??

14. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

If this is being done for some personal deal for Reid's family and China as I have read its BS. Reid should be ousted and made an example of. No corrupt govt investigation either. Ya don't use govt agents as your personal goon squad. That should be a high crime and both sides have done it. It needs to stop.

I could see other ranchers without free grazi g land or others who have lost their cattle due to debt as being behind this too. Maybe big ag or FreeTrade foreign beef businesses.

15. Magoo

0-10 NJ 10-20 something California

If your writing a book Jimmy I want royaltys

16. jeepman

jeepman Truckload Mercenary

Harry Reid is into this up to his chin, you think the LAMESTREAM media is going to report the facts,,hell no...they are afraid of him! BTW if Reid goes down, the whole Obama regime goes down too, don't think for a minute Ole Harry wouldn't throw Obama under the bus!

17. Magoo

Right you are my attorney looked it up for me. It was the Taylor Grazing Act of 1934 so its been around for awhile
    History of Public Land Grazing

18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Thank you for attempting to answer what Mags won't. Your link doesn't work so i'll have to look later. Article 4 covers what Congress can do- hopefully your link covers agencies???

19. Magoo

Jimmy I didn't know you were looking for legal precedence or I would have asked my Lawyer when I had him on the phone, I'm not going to pay for 2 calls.
    And let us remember what President Nixon said If the President does it then it's legal

20. AzPilot

AzPilot Well-Known Member

You may be right Jimmy I don't know if the Government Agencies (BLM) have the right to act without further congressional actions or if that decision gives them the right to act.