The Best LTL company !

My dad was the terminal manager at Wichita. All that time spent there with him has everything to do with my working in this industry.

you guys have to have some memorabilia... anything with company name on it is good

Great company with history back to when Harvey Jones started the business about 1917 with a wagon and 2 mules, one was black, the other red. In 1919 he bought his 1st truck (used) and grew from there to the largest privately owned trucking co. in the United States by 1948. He painted the trucks orange and black in honor of those 1st two mules he started with in 1917. The company stayed in his and his wife's private ownership until the 80's when Harvey died. I worked line haul for JTL from '89 to when they closed in about '91. Terminal level management at all terminals I visited was the friendliest of any company I worked for. Too bad it had to end when a group of investors bought in the '80's and ran it into the ground. Harvey and Bernice Jones were a breed that no longer exist. They became very wealthy but never forgot their roots and always took care of their employees and the common folks in and around Springdale, Ark. Check out the company history on the web at Harvey and Bernice Jones (google) also the Jones Center on line and also check out on line Har-Ber Village located in NE Oklahoma, a pioneer style park built by them for the public to enjoy. It still is in operation as is many, many charities that are funded and go on and on even after Harvey and Bernice's deaths.
They did all these things without want of public attention and the desire to keep on giving back even after they were gone. Truly good people. I am honored to say I worked for his company, Jones Truck Line. RIP Harvey and Bernice

to Jeff- There is one set of winross jones doubles for sale on ebay, newer style paint job, if interested. There was two, but I got one set last year.