The Big fight

"EVERYONE ELSE" doesn't have to

... Their fight is over health benefits for retirees...God forbid they should contribute to their healthcare costs just like EVERYONE ELSE has to do!!! ....
How would it improve your life if someone else has to pay more for their earned benefits?

Instead of wanting to drag others down, why aren't you asking how you can bring your health care costs up to their standards?

It isn't just the retirees medical. Have you seen what they are offering the rest of us. Yeah they will give you a raise so you can pay for you and your family to have health care. That means you now get to pay taxes on income to pay for a benefit you already had. We are not asking for more from OAHK. All we want is what we already had and the company was still making money.

It isn't just the retirees medical. Have you seen what they are offering the rest of us. Yeah they will give you a raise so you can pay for you and your family to have health care. That means you now get to pay taxes on income to pay for a benefit you already had. We are not asking for more from OAHK. All we want is what we already had and the company was still making money.

You can pay for insurance premiums with a pre-tax contribution, therefore you would not pay taxes on the contribution and if the contribution is more than your raise you would actually be paying less in taxes.

Not a sermon just a fact.

Taking sound advice from someone eating that nasty top ramen stuff?? Don't you folks read nutrition labels?? That stuff will kill ya rather fast!! And...who said anything about eating at a truckstop?? Huh??Do you people not get newspapers where you live? TV reception? Internet connection(oops...obviously you do!!). Don't you see the shape our economy is in?? Come on guys!! You cannot be THIS disconnected from reality!! Listening to the brainwashing messages of your beloved union WILL bring you only misery!! I'm always right! Will be this time also!! You'll see. Sadly you will.

Taking sound advice from someone eating that nasty top ramen stuff?? Don't you folks read nutrition labels?? That stuff will kill ya rather fast!! And...who said anything about eating at a truckstop?? Huh??Do you people not get newspapers where you live? TV reception? Internet connection(oops...obviously you do!!). Don't you see the shape our economy is in?? Come on guys!! You cannot be THIS disconnected from reality!! Listening to the brainwashing messages of your beloved union WILL bring you only misery!! I'm always right! Will be this time also!! You'll see. Sadly you will.

"specialtrucker".....don't you think the weak economy applies to Oak Harbor Frt as well????? DUH!! They've already lost 50% of their business and more will be lost along the way......do you think they'll make it through this?? No!! We'll all have other jobs by then! :1036316054:

So if that is the case, then where is your job? Oh yea, it is out on the line following orders on how to run your life. I have the feeling that people just cannot live their life on their own. Hey, its ok to get a crooked hand of applesauce to feed your mouth. Don't need one here.

So if that is the case, then where is your job? Oh yea, it is out on the line following orders on how to run your life. I have the feeling that people just cannot live their life on their own. Hey, its ok to get a crooked hand of applesauce to feed your mouth. Don't need one here.

Perfect example of ignorance right here peoples!!!

AUBdriver (I doubt that you even are a driver, I'm sure you haven't driven a day in your life except in one of those management Honda Accords...) - I meant that a lot of us already have other jobs with other trucking companies or are out of the trucking industry all together, like me....we are out picketing part time out of the goodness of our heart and are there for our fellow brothers and sisters, our 2nd family - but you wouldn't know anything about that!! You may have kids and a wife but it's all an illusion to make yourself look better....

Take it easy guys. This thing is causing hardship for all of us. I don't think there is cause for namecalling etc.
I can't believe they make 'em drive Accords up there. They drive Centurys and Ford 500's here.

strike

its very sad that noboby knows what ther strking for when the union dident even let anybody see what the final offer was and i fill that the other trucking companys need to stay out of it .if you dont know what its about ....

its very sad that noboby knows what ther strking for when the union dident even let anybody see what the final offer was and i fill that the other trucking companys need to stay out of it .if you dont know what its about ....

In a strike the element of surprise is key, the members had an authorized strike votes months ago. The union had some very specific sticking points and the last offer did not address them. The company has been deliberately bargaining in a aggressive manner, they baited, and they wanted a strike. What I think they didn't count on was the strength of the members, and if you did cross the line, your a "strike line crosser" for the rest of your life, for what? A company that's going down anyway? Look in the mirror, no one respects someone who won't stand up for themselves, not even the employer that entices you to do so.

Perfect example of ignorance right here peoples!!!

I meant that a lot of us already have other jobs with other trucking companies or are out of the trucking industry all together, like me....we are out picketing part time out of the goodness of our heart and are there for our fellow brothers and sisters, our 2nd family

I don't understand. Your profile says that you drive for OHFL.

Crooked hand of applesauce?!? :1036316054: Man, if only it were as simple as you purport it to be, I could fill a page here about how being part of a union actually gives you more freedom and control over you life then not. Unfortunately, I have a feeling it would fall upon deaf ears. Nobody has to follow orders on the strike line, it's only of you want to be payed, just like any day at OHFL except they are more understanding if you need a day off.

The Teamsters are standing up for the members, at the members request. In Portland about five years ago the members voted down the company proposal resoundingly (I think only 1 member voted yes!) this and approved strike votes, led to the tough decision to go out on strike, everyone wants a better contract and when you communicate that to the representation through these votes you layed the groundwork for the events that followed. I am sure the international would have been happy to sign another crap contract and keep receiving your monthly dues, but only if the contract was acceptable to the members. The locals are draining their strike funds on these efforts as well. We all know the VP's have plenty of cash, all we wanted was a little pension bump and the company to live up to previous obligations.

This is a democratic effort with nothing but the best interest of the members at heart.

ignorance. did you look in the mirror. if you don't work for the company keep your face out of it .you call the union brother and sisters when they stab you in the back.i am in the union and they done nothing for me.as of yet.

I can post here if I want, actually I have posted more in this forum than any other member. I am sorry you had a negative experience with the Teamsters, if you handwriting is anything like you spelling and grammar maybe they couldn't read the grievance? You are not in the union anymore if you have crossed the line! If you are one of the few stranding strong in Boise and you feel this way, just go with your superskab instincts and cross. We don't need you!

that's coloring the pot black if i cross you will be calling me a superskab. what dose that say for you a fat skab

Used to - updated my profile today...thanks for stalking me :tongue

You are very welcome. I think it is prudent to have whatever information is available if one is to come to any conclusion. I'm still not clear on what the dispute is over, exactly.
Stalking...that's funny.

this last proposal was as crappy as the others before, in some cases worse than the first one they offered. Example, you can keep ur pension were just not going to pay into it anymore.

this last proposal was as crappy as the others before, in some cases worse than the first one they offered. Example, you can keep ur pension were just not going to pay into it anymore.

I was hoping for some specificity. I think I may start a new thread on that subject. Many would like to get some information that they can get their teeth into. Info available publicly has so far been very unreliable.