TForce | The Big Man pays a visit...

Apostolic said:
hotels,and dinners,for the upper management types going around to all the terminals.

If they made a movie about the meetings.
Than let the TM's play it while we had our catered breakfasts,of scrambled eggs,greezy,home frys,and half cooked sauages.

I like the fresh orange juice the best.

All questions could be written out, than faxed to the people, in charge of answers.

Than they would be able to get back to us with our answers, at their earlyest convenience.
Thats kinda funny.....

You also have my welcome to the boards,UPGF4IBT.

I must say thats some handle.

Let me see if I can figure it out?
it looks like its short for......
United Parcel Ground Freight for International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
How'd I do UPGF4IBT?

Not bad for someone that just bearly got out of the 7th grade,now is it?

Oh my I even surprise myself sometimes.
and yet other posts go way over my head?

All part of life.
You win some,as well as sometimes you lose.
I do tend to ramble on now,and again.

All this to say welcome,the more the better.

UPGF4IBT said:
Ahhh Skeeter...I've been seeing name your here alot...and from what I've seen, I figure its not worth my wasted effort to debate you. You are to Leo Suggs what Ann Coulter is to the conservative party...A PUPPET!!!

UPS Freight only stands to benefit from organizing. My concern is not pay...I WANT MY FAIR SHARE OF TIME OFF AND I WANT A SAY IN WHAT MY COMPANY THINKS IS IN THE BEST INTEREST OF ME!! AND IF YOU DONT LIKE THAT,SKEETER, THEN GO GET A JOB OVER AT CONWAY...THEY'E THE BEST ANTI-UNION JOB OUT THERE! :chairshot:
That is really intelligent.... we are PUPPETS.... that sounds like something that Hoffa would say. wait a minute. Are you Hoffa impersonating a UPGF employee. or maybe you are a PUPPET...

If you are unhappy with your employer then the way I see it is you have two choices. [1] You can quit and go to Roadway, Yellow, Holland, ABF. or [2]Take your chances with UPGF. and hope that we vote for union representation. but don't hold your breath that we will do that. I don't see it happening.

Silverhawk1 said:
That is really intelligent.... we are PUPPETS.... that sounds like something that Hoffa would say. wait a minute. Are you Hoffa impersonating a UPGF employee. or maybe you are a PUPPET...

If you are unhappy with your employer then the way I see it is you have two choices. [1] You can quit and go to Roadway, Yellow, Holland, ABF. or [2]Take your chances with UPGF. and hope that we vote for union representation. but don't hold your breath that we will do that. I don't see it happening.

Well...when I count the number of posters here that seem to be for union representation, and the ones that are not...I don't quite see how you deduced that statement?

Look,its different strokes for different folks. I'm not about to quit and start over elsewhere at the bottom...but if I had known years ago how much better it is working at Yellow...I would have went there and sucked it up for a few years not working a day or 2 every so often. But Overnite needed a road driver...how could I turn down a road bid right at the start? But my decision on where I work should not hinder my interest in being represented.

I want regular pay increases. I want more paid time off and vacation...ALOT MORE!!! I want sick days from the first day im sick, NOT the 3rd!!! I want to hit top pay in less than 20 yrs!!!

So sorry buddy...but I'll surrender my radio and my 15-way adjustable seat to get some more downtime and a better sense of security...It's the work like dog/get treated like a dog mentallity you and your buddies posess that makes attaining these outright fair requests impossible! So do me a favor sir...QUIT UPGF AND GO WORK FOR SWIFT! :tribehasspoken:

UPGF4IBT said:
Well...when I count the number of posters here that seem to be for union representation, and the ones that are not...I don't quite see how you deduced that statement?

Look,its different strokes for different folks. I'm not about to quit and start over elsewhere at the bottom...but if I had known years ago how much better it is working at Yellow...I would have went there and sucked it up for a few years not working a day or 2 every so often. But Overnite needed a road driver...how could I turn down a road bid right at the start? But my decision on where I work should not hinder my interest in being represented.

I want regular pay increases. I want more paid time off and vacation...ALOT MORE!!! I want sick days from the first day im sick, NOT the 3rd!!! I want to hit top pay in less than 20 yrs!!!

So sorry buddy...but I'll surrender my radio and my 15-way adjustable seat to get some more downtime and a better sense of security...It's the work like dog/get treated like a dog mentallity you and your buddies posess that makes attaining these outright fair requests impossible! So do me a favor sir...QUIT UPGF AND GO WORK FOR SWIFT! :tribehasspoken:

Nice post UPGF4IBT

Teamsters In Dallas?

When are the teamsters coming to Dallas? I have seen several UPS drivers n the truck stops and they wont even say "HI"! I would like to know more about the union and how it would benefit me!

Ya know...that is a very disheartening thingnot even getting a glance by any of the UPS drivers. I had one for the first time actually roll with me up the NJ tpke for about 20 miles last week...that was shocking!! I just wish the would realize that we are as much in the dark about whats going on as they are.

hardway said:
When are the teamsters coming to Dallas? I have seen several UPS drivers n the truck stops and they wont even say "HI"! I would like to know more about the union and how it would benefit me!
I'll say hi.Send a private message to teamster251 and he might be able to tell you how to contact your local. Don't wait for them to come to you !!! and thanks again teamster251 !!!

UPGF4IBT said:
Ya know...that is a very disheartening thingnot even getting a glance by any of the UPS drivers. I had one for the first time actually roll with me up the NJ tpke for about 20 miles last week...that was shocking!! I just wish the would realize that we are as much in the dark about whats going on as they are.
could be they are getting too much of Leo's bs and that we're all anti union

Animo916 said:
Ummmmmmmm Donuts!!!!
donut1.jpg
Senior man gets first pick of the donuts!!!!!

or just connect to the link at the end of this message...it will take you to the IBT page for UPS freight drivers and has a form you can fill out for information...

Do the Teamsters have printable cards as well?

Will this attempt to unionize Overnite/UPS Freight be an electronic silent, secret,hidden,covert vote?

Funny how the Teamsters threw up their hands,at the end of their last organizing try in 1999-2001.
Saying the heck with you,we don't want you in our union anyway.

Now that our company has changed their corporate title,to UPS Freight the TEAMSTERS are back begging us to join them?

Now you all have to admit it sounds like they are two faced,in their deallings with non-union LTL trucking companies?

Whats it going to be?
Just five short years ago they washed their hands with us,now they want us bad?

Doesn't sound like any organization I'd want anymore to do with.

Apostolic said:
Will this attempt to unionize Overnite/UPS Freight be an electronic silent, secret,hidden,covert vote?

Funny how the Teamsters threw up their hands,at the end of their last organizing try in 1999-2001.
Saying the heck with you,we don't want you in our union anyway.

Now that our company has changed their corporate title,to UPS Freight the TEAMSTERS are back begging us to join them?

Now you all have to admit it sounds like they are two faced,in their deallings with non-union LTL trucking companies?

Whats it going to be?
Just five short years ago they washed their hands with us,now they want us bad?

Doesn't sound like any organization I'd want anymore to do with.
No different than our policy and rule books.

hardway said:
Hardway,
It can be a touchy deal to approach a guy who you have no idea how he feels about the Teamsters. He might be glad you talked to him, he might be indifferent and he might even be hostile. I'd bet that if you would've approached them they would've been glad to answer your questions. For one thing, can you imagine how badly distorted the story would get if a Teamster went up to a Union hater type and got into an argument? The news would spread that a no good jerk of a Teamster tried to force his opinion on a guy who was just out on the road earning a living. It's really all up to you guys. Next time go up to them and I'll bet you'll find that they're helpful.

stldude44 said:
Hardway,
It can be a touchy deal to approach a guy who you have no idea how he feels about the Teamsters. He might be glad you talked to him, he might be indifferent and he might even be hostile. I'd bet that if you would've approached them they would've been glad to answer your questions. For one thing, can you imagine how badly distorted the story would get if a Teamster went up to a Union hater type and got into an argument? The news would spread that a no good jerk of a Teamster tried to force his opinion on a guy who was just out on the road earning a living. It's really all up to you guys. Next time go up to them and I'll bet you'll find that they're helpful.
I have not met one rude ups driver yet. Even in the passing they always wave. And I see plenty of them on a nightly basis.