TForce | The Big Man pays a visit...

UPGF4IBT said:
Well...when I count the number of posters here that seem to be for union representation, and the ones that are not...I don't quite see how you deduced that statement?

Look,its different strokes for different folks. I'm not about to quit and start over elsewhere at the bottom...but if I had known years ago how much better it is working at Yellow...I would have went there and sucked it up for a few years not working a day or 2 every so often. But Overnite needed a road driver...how could I turn down a road bid right at the start? But my decision on where I work should not hinder my interest in being represented.

I want regular pay increases. I want more paid time off and vacation...ALOT MORE!!! I want sick days from the first day im sick, NOT the 3rd!!! I want to hit top pay in less than 20 yrs!!!

So sorry buddy...but I'll surrender my radio and my 15-way adjustable seat to get some more downtime and a better sense of security...It's the work like dog/get treated like a dog mentallity you and your buddies posess that makes attaining these outright fair requests impossible! So do me a favor sir...QUIT UPGF AND GO WORK FOR SWIFT! :tribehasspoken:

You are perfectly right. You can stay here for twenty years hoping UPSF will go union. It is your right. You can for the next twenty years fight for better pay and benefits. You can fight for the way our delay pay is and sick leave.

It is your right! But all I ask is that you be truthful and realistic. You say you want regular pay increases. I've been here 24 years and never missed a pay increase.

Most the time 50 cents city and .0125 for the road. By the way if we do go union I hope you will be fighting for higher raises.

I have found if a person here gets treated as you put it like a dog he is usually not work his salt. They have to really push him to get half the production of another driver.

Not saying that applies to you. Overnite has been a good company and good to me. I will always defend its memory.

As far as UPSF time will tell.

Skeeter said:
You are perfectly right. You can stay here for twenty years hoping UPSF will go union. It is your right. You can for the next twenty years fight for better pay and benefits. You can fight for the way our delay pay is and sick leave.

It is your right! But all I ask is that you be truthful and realistic. You say you want regular pay increases. I've been here 24 years and never missed a pay increase.

Most the time 50 cents city and .0125 for the road. By the way if we do go union I hope you will be fighting for higher raises.

I have found if a person here gets treated as you put it like a dog he is usually not work his salt. They have to really push him to get half the production of another driver.

Not saying that applies to you. Overnite has been a good company and good to me. I will always defend its memory.

And I will always defend the unionized labor force in america...because without them sir, you wouldnt have a pot to **** in.

Apostolic said:
Will this attempt to unionize Overnite/UPS Freight be an electronic silent, secret,hidden,covert vote?

Funny how the Teamsters threw up their hands,at the end of their last organizing try in 1999-2001.
Saying the heck with you,we don't want you in our union anyway.

Now that our company has changed their corporate title,to UPS Freight the TEAMSTERS are back begging us to join them?

Now you all have to admit it sounds like they are two faced,in their deallings with non-union LTL trucking companies?

Whats it going to be?
Just five short years ago they washed their hands with us,now they want us bad?

Doesn't sound like any organization I'd want anymore to do with.

Apo,
1) The attempt to organize you will be a direct result of your workforce asking to be organized, not an action by the Teamsters. Keep in mind that with the former O's willingness to fire pro-Union workers you might not know how your co-workers really feel about joining. You just might be in the minority and don't even realize it.

2) After crooked and probably bought Judges wouldn't enforce the Labor Laws there was nothing else to be done. It wasn't us saying we didn't want you.

3)Who has begged you to join?

4) It's not two-faced at all, in fact, nothing could be further from the truth. The Union movement has always included helping workers organize to better their position and actually have a voice in the workplace. If you guys were showing no interest in organizing, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

5) Again, your co-workers are very interested in finding out more about Teamster representation, just like they were a few years ago until a Judge made it impossible for them.

6) In the end, you might not have a choice if you want to keep working. I guess when UPSF is organized and you still hate the Teamsters the way you do now, you'll have a choice to make.

Apo,
We've all had alot of negative things happen to us in life, but to hang onto them isn't healthy. You really should try to let all that negativity go....you'll feel alot better.

Skeeter said:

Soon we will be just like Conway and FedX All working the dock. Hope you like being a dock worker with a Cdl. Also Conway All drivers work the dock,No choice! Their trucks, No fancy seats, No stereo,No cab air ride. Ect.Ect. Enjoy the ride, The Volvo contract is just about up. Do you know why we must stay non-union. To be competitive with Conway and Fedx and to force our upsf employees to work the dock and to change policy and rules when ever they see fit. And to not pay time and a half after 8 And to not pay sick, weather, break down, and delay pay. At your expence we will stay competitive!! Get It?????

BusterNite said:
I have not met one rude ups driver yet. Even in the passing they always wave. And I see plenty of them on a nightly basis.
That's good. Around the Midwest everybody still waves at each other pretty much too. We're all in the same boat, after all.

BusterNite said:
Soon we will be just like Conway and FedX All working the dock. Hope you like being a dock worker with a Cdl. Also Conway All drivers work the dock,No choice! Their trucks, No fancy seats, No stereo,No cab air ride. Ect.Ect. Enjoy the ride, The Volvo contract is just about up. Do you know why we must stay non-union. To be competitive with Conway and Fedx and to force our upsf employees to work the dock and to change policy and rules when ever they see fit. And to not pay time and a half after 8 And to not pay sick, weather, break down, and delay pay. At your expence we will stay competitive!! Get It?????

first off you need to get your facts stright.
1) not all con-way drivers work the dock
2) we have the same seat that o.d.f.l, fedex and other have
3)we have air ride cabs

brutus said:
3)we have air ride cabs
Sorry, The Conway driver must have lied to me.

not all fedex drivers work the dock either. low seniority city drivers have to work the dock at night at the bigger hubs. i am sure at the smaller centers the drivers do it all. road drivers on certain milage runs work the docks at the hubs, but thats in the bid. others have the option to work the dock/city or not to maximize their hours. they have some of the best tractors in the country. as city units are traded the new city units have air and some automatic. very few older city units left without air. OT after 8.....but it is controlled.

stldude44 said:
Apo,
1) The attempt to organize you will be a direct result of your workforce asking to be organized, not an action by the Teamsters. Keep in mind that with the former O's willingness to fire pro-Union workers you might not know how your co-workers really feel about joining. You just might be in the minority and don't even realize it.

2) After crooked and probably bought Judges wouldn't enforce the Labor Laws there was nothing else to be done. It wasn't us saying we didn't want you.

3)Who has begged you to join?

4) It's not two-faced at all, in fact, nothing could be further from the truth. The Union movement has always included helping workers organize to better their position and actually have a voice in the workplace. If you guys were showing no interest in organizing, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

5) Again, your co-workers are very interested in finding out more about Teamster representation, just like they were a few years ago until a Judge made it impossible for them.

6) In the end, you might not have a choice if you want to keep working. I guess when UPSF is organized and you still hate the Teamsters the way you do now, you'll have a choice to make.

Apo,
We've all had alot of negative things happen to us in life, but to hang onto them isn't healthy. You really should try to let all that negativity go....you'll feel alot better.

Good post Dude, and might I add that my local has had continuous involvement with members of Overnite/UPSF since the strike ended. We had been keeping it out of sight enough not to raise any unwanting eyebrows. Now, however, it is a different story, but as far as my local is concerned, we never "just walked away".

UPGF4IBT said:
Well...when I count the number of posters here that seem to be for union representation, and the ones that are not...I don't quite see how you deduced that statement?

Look,its different strokes for different folks. I'm not about to quit and start over elsewhere at the bottom...but if I had known years ago how much better it is working at Yellow...I would have went there and sucked it up for a few years not working a day or 2 every so often. But Overnite needed a road driver...how could I turn down a road bid right at the start? But my decision on where I work should not hinder my interest in being represented.
It won't hinder my choice either.

I want regular pay increases.
I dont know how long you have been working for UPGF but I have recieved at least a .50 pay increase each year for the last 20 years.
I want more paid time off and vacation...ALOT MORE!!!
I recieved my forth paid week of vacation after my 16th year.
I want sick days from the first day im sick, NOT the 3rd!!!
I agree with you on this point.
I want to hit top pay in less than 20 yrs!!!
every employee reaches top rate within 3 years.

So sorry buddy...but I'll surrender my radio and my 15-way adjustable seat to get some more downtime and a better sense of security...It's the work like dog/get treated like a dog mentallity you and your buddies posess that makes attaining these outright fair requests impossible! So do me a favor sir...QUIT UPGF AND GO WORK FOR SWIFT! :tribehasspoken:
No... you keep your radio, and I wont be going anywhere any time soon.

Apostolic said:
Doesn't sound like any organization I'd want anymore to do with.
I have heard of some chruches that do the same thing .... being very selective on their membership. It that the way it should be ?
As for the Teamsters, I believe they didn't just give up ... it's was forced as part of the lawsuit agreement that Overnite had against the Teamsters. Afterall, Overnite did spend multiple millions to keep union representation out of their system, yet they couldn't spend the money to upgrade the equipment or facilities. Oh ... but Leo got big money too, and the rest of the executive team.
What did you get ... ?

UPGF4IBT said:
Ya know...that is a very disheartening thingnot even getting a glance by any of the UPS drivers. I had one for the first time actually roll with me up the NJ tpke for about 20 miles last week...that was shocking!! I just wish the would realize that we are as much in the dark about whats going on as they are.
Don't expect any acknowledgment from any other drivers on the NJ Turnpike ... traffic is so heavy and dense that you would wear out your headlight switch flashing your lights at every high speed driver that goes by.

can anyone tell me why????

we sent 5 dock workers and 1 dock sup to work at POR (portland) ????? ,,,,,,they only had 15 loads ,,,,82 door terminal,,,,,, is this a test run?

brutus said:
3)we have air ride cabs
And which ones don't? And as far as the other stuff it all depends where your based out of...

Silverhawk1 said:

I dont know how long you have been working for UPGF but I have recieved at least a .50 pay increase each year for the last 20 years. I recieved my forth paid week of vacation after my 16th year. I agree with you on this point. every employee reaches top rate within 3 years.

Uh not being picky or nothing but we all have only only been working for UPSF since May.....But I know it is just O with a new ugly sticker and a bigger check book...This is what I am sick of....Let it go and lets make it as good as possible either with or without the union...I just don't think its going to change as long as Leo and co. are here and I think the union is the only way to bring on those changes we all want... Stop kicking eachother in the teeth...THEY WANT US TO KEEP THAT UP!!!!!!

Good post gt. We need to stick together. If you don't agree with someone why bash him or her. Whether you like it or not they are your co-workers.

flstc2000 said:
I have heard of some chruches that do the same thing .... being very selective on their membership. It that the way it should be ?
As for the Teamsters, I believe they didn't just give up ... it's was forced as part of the lawsuit agreement that Overnite had against the Teamsters. Afterall, Overnite did spend multiple millions to keep union representation out of their system, yet they couldn't spend the money to upgrade the equipment or facilities. Oh ... but Leo got big money too, and the rest of the executive team.
What did you get ... ?
The Teamsters used just as much Teamster employee dues money to get us signed up......I love people who are jealous of others fortunes...Are they not like the people who started this company(someone with money)And took on all the risk........:smilie_132:Boston Red Sox 10 Atlanta Braves 7

Silverhawk1 said:

I dont know how long you have been working for UPGF but I have recieved at least a .50 pay increase each year for the last 20 years. I recieved my forth paid week of vacation after my 16th year. I agree with you on this point. every employee reaches top rate within 3 years.

Why vacation after your 16th year. Policy is 4 weeks January 1st after your 15th year?