TForce | The Big Man pays a visit...

greezy trucker said:
Uh not being picky or nothing but we all have only only been working for UPSF since May.....But I know it is just O with a new ugly sticker and a bigger check book...This is what I am sick of....Let it go and lets make it as good as possible either with or without the union...I just don't think its going to change as long as Leo and co. are here and I think the union is the only way to bring on those changes we all want... Stop kicking eachother in the teeth...THEY WANT US TO KEEP THAT UP!!!!!!
I agree, The issues are so minute as apposed to what the costs would be to the company if we were to organize. So why do they take no interest in the employees issues? It would take less time to come up with solutions for the issues than it did to make the propaganda CD. The issues are not important as we are not important. We are just a # Thats the (our people make the) difference.

BusterNite said:
I agree, The issues are so minute as apposed to what the costs would be to the company if we were to organize. So why do they take no interest in the employees issues? It would take less time to come up with solutions for the issues than it did to make the propaganda CD. The issues are not important as we are not important. We are just a # Thats the (our people make the) difference.

Because there are monkeys waiting in line...Put that UPS on the door and everybody thinks its the place to be.....Told a USF guy to stay away for a year or longer because it is not what he is thinking it is....In my terminal there are three guys waiting to go line and don't care about the issues just see dollar signs.....And then you got all the guys that say" well at least I didn't bid that"....If it don't effect them they DON'T CARE!!!!!! So that divides us even more....If a guy that I have worked with awhile is getting screwed I feel like its my duty as a friend to help him out or speak up about it, but most people are spineless. They tell you how much that must suck to your face and giggle behind your back when you bring it up to the TM or whoever.....

Johnnybegood said:
The Teamsters used just as much Teamster employee dues money to get us signed up
Your right, but the Teamsters were asked to help some Overnite workers organize and that is what they do, help people gain representation
......I love people who are jealous of others fortunes
I really don't know what that means ? However if you are saying that just because the executive team at Overnite / UPSF has money then you are mistaken. What I said was they spent money to deny any organization attempt instead of spending money to grow the company and keep it's basic infrastructure in good condition with new, up to date equipment and basic facility management.
Are they not like the people who started this company(someone with money)And took on all the risk........:smilie_132:
Risk is rewarded with compensation. The original operation of the big O was long ago sold, that person has been well compensated. Now it's corporate America in control. You, as an employee should also be rewarded for your efforts, a contract will provide you with that in writing, not the word of some suit and tie executive telling you that everything will be better if you just let them control and dictate what you will receive.
Boston Red Sox 10 Atlanta Braves 7

When does a road driver hit top pay at Overnite? I don't remember when but I know that it is many years before 20.

Valerie said:
When does a road driver hit top pay at Overnite? I don't remember when but I know that it is many years before 20.

start at 85% and recieve 2 and a half % every 6 months till at full rate,which is 3 years.

wonder how that will work for existing employee's that are'nt at full rate yet..since the Freight Agreement is two years..but start at 75%

hardway said:
When are the teamsters coming to Dallas? I have seen several UPS drivers n the truck stops and they wont even say "HI"! I would like to know more about the union and how it would benefit me!

Yea have you guys noticed how the UPS,ABF,Yellow and Roadway boys ingnore UPSF like the pleg. I thought Hoffa's memo's told those guys to talk too UPSF guys about how great the union was to get us to go union? I pass all these company's every night and NOT A PEEP! How about "hey, UPS Freight let's goto another channel and chat for a little while?" Maybe it's not as good over there as some lead to believe?
Just a thought :wavey:

Dreemer said:
Yea have you guys noticed how the UPS,ABF,Yellow and Roadway boys ingnore UPSF like the pleg. I thought Hoffa's memo's told those guys to talk too UPSF guys about how great the union was to get us to go union? I pass all these company's every night and NOT A PEEP! How about "hey, UPS Freight let's goto another channel and chat for a little while?" Maybe it's not as good over there as some lead to believe?

Actually since the memo came down to the teamsters,most of the ABF and Roadway drivers that I pass go out of the way to throw their hand up and wave(with all fingers..lol).
Its the UPS drivers in passing that act like they didnt see ya.
I guess we are the evil little step brother they never wanted...lol

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
Actually since the memo came down to the teamsters,most of the ABF and Roadway drivers that I pass go out of the way to throw their hand up and wave(with all fingers..lol).
Its the UPS drivers in passing that act like they didnt see ya.
I guess we are the evil little step brother they never wanted...lol

I get the waves just no one saying hey lets chat.

Most of the union drivers where I drive are pretty cool. They just ask questions. I have ran with a bunch of Buster Brown drivers they seem like good guys. I've also seen the ones that we are invisable to. But heck our own company got them.:biglaugh:

Dreemer said:

Does the O guys talk to ya either...Man I thought I was just having a bad carma year or something....Glad to see it is not just me....But if you talk to any of them off the radio they are all very talkitive, UPS ABF YELLOW all of them.....

I talk to union drivers I see on my route..

only once in a while when I haven't seen someone.
He will ask me whats going on with the union organizing us?
I say why don't you know whats going on?
They always say no they haven't heard anything?

When I talk to the regular UPS package drivers,some say we've really got to work together to get you guys in the union.

Yet others that I talk to say your a lot better off without being in the union.
These guys say the unions no good,they don't do anything for you.

So thats the story I get from all the drivers I see.

I've been driving in my area since before shrink wrap was invented,so I know all but the very newest drivers.

We all talk,and get along very well,we even help each other out to get our freight off at the same stops,union,and non-union drivers alike,how about that?

We'er all P.& D.drivers,we don't care if we'er Teamsters, or UPS scabs,its our choice to work with each other,to do whatever we can to make our deliveries.

Hey it works for me!!!!!!!