Yellow | The big merge

F

fonzo1

:deal:In the application of this Section, it is immaterial whether the transaction is called a merger, purchase, acquisition, sale, etc. Further, it is also immaterial whether the transaction involves merely the purchase of stock of one (1) corporation by another, with two (2) separate corporations continuing in existence.

The active employee seniority rosters (excluding those employees on letter of layoff) shall be "dovetailed" by appropriate classification (i.e., road or city) in the order of each employee’s full continuous classification (road or city) seniority date that the employee is currently exercising. (The term "continuous classification seniority" as used herein is defined as that seniority which the employee is currently exercising and has not been broken in the manner provided in Section 1 of this Article or by voluntary changes in domicile not directed, approved or ordered by a Change of Operations Committee.) The active "dovetailed" seniority roster shall be utilized first and until exhausted to provide employment at such combined terminal or operational location.

I have tried preaching this already. There are many who real still cry endtail... pity on them. Good luck to all of us. Only real TEAMSTERS dovetail.

S.S.T. (Stand Strong Teamster)

Yes only "REAL TEAMSTERS DOVETAIL" but all teamsters NEED TO WORK TO PAY THEIR BILLS! It you are a real teamster have you thought about that BROTHERHOOD part and tried to give a little work to the bottom of your board? Seems to me that you all are talking out of both sides of your mouths. Brotherhood on the dovetail side and I WILL KEEP MY JOB AND TO HELL WITH THE BOTTOM! I know it is hard to do but maybe you upper brothers should try to rember that we have to work to. Being forgotton about by both Yellow and Roadway is bad enough. But by my own socalled brothers is really a kick in the teath. I would rather you just come out and say it than beat around the bush.

I think you're missing the point. It's all about seniority, because without it there is nothing to gain and all is to be lossed. No matter what former company you come from, your seniority must remain intact. Now how you choose to exercise that seniority is up to you, you have put in your licks and paid your dues. We've all start at the bottom and have to learn to get buy, feast or famine most of the time. NO ONE GETS A GOLDEN PASS. So if a senior BROTHER wants to take a 6th or 7th punch, he has more than earned that right. I will not fault them for what was done to them, they weren't always senior. This has been hashed out many times, in many different threads, my point is "We need our seniority to stay intact, because we've earned it."

I see where you are all coming from. However, the word brotherhood I feel is long since dead. I work for Roadway at 809. Many of the senior drivers seem to never run our of hours. What I mean is running 7 days. I few of these guys laugh about this around us lower guys. I asked one of these guys how he feels about taking food out of my kids mouths and his responce is not my problem. I also understand that Union rules state that we are only to work six days how can these people get away with this? I only know that when the Snow starts to fly these seniortity guys will not take those runs so I can only hope for a heavy winter.

I agree the senior guys have earned what they have. But times have changed. Is change only good when it does not affect you. Our national leader wants us to support the "CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN". Personaly I believe the more things change the more they stay the same. Why is it asking to much for a senior brother that has made three runs in one week to let me have one? The only thing I can think of is that they really don't want spend any time at home. If that is so they should get a job with a sleeper and never be home. I am speaking only for the Road. I don't know anything about the city or dock. All I know is I am not working. If I ever get to be a senior man I will NOT FORGET MY YOUNGER BROTHERS! FOR I AM MY BROTHERS KEEPER!

I am only saying as an example, Have you tried to step up to the check-in window and say to the dispatcher " I want to take off so one of the many brother teamsters at the bottom of the board can get out"? How long do you think Eric Peacock, or Gene Berg, or Al Evens will let that happen? You will work your 6 before they will be forced to let you off. And before you jump on me I am the senior man here in Texarkana Texas, and I DO pass loads, and take off.

I would like to add, that if it was as simple as taking a run I would normally run and handing it to a junior man, then it would be easy. But, when you have a hundred guys between us, just how far do you think that run will bump down. I've earned my SENIORITY and exercise it as I need to. Someday you will have a beard as long as mine, but until then you have to earn your wiskers.

A lot has to do with the way the pensions are set up. Most pensions pay only 40 hours.That way the company will force the drivers to work a sixth punch. The company doesn't have to pay the max over 40. Next time in the contract, pay pensions by hours worked.