TForce | The Big Picture

The "Big Picture" is usally dispalyed where no one can see it except certain individuals.

I, for one, have never seen it.

It is however rumored to be pasted under the middle drawer of the manager's desk.

So, its safe to say it has been viewed by some, but not all.

I tell you what Skeeter,what happen to trucking?
I can remember back in the days when I started.
Now thats a good memory seeing I started driving truck for a living in 1963.
It was a hard career to have.
But back in the day truckers watched out for one another union,and non-union city drivers helped one another when help was needed,unloading,or not holding up a loading dock.
I don't know when that all changed?
It must of been a slow procees.
Drivers I knew were all adults.
Now I'm working with a bunch of childern.
I can be a whinner myself,but its short lived.
I just get a grip,and get on with life.
My co-workers on the other hand are always crying about something,and as far as anyone helping anyone out well thats a big joke,those days are long gone,now its everyone for themselves.
Oh yeah your right now I'm starting to whine about this issue.
I guess I'm saying truckdrivers aren't the way they used to be back in the old days.
Can I get a big 10/4 on that?

But back in the day truckers watched out for one another union,and non-union city drivers helped one another when help was needed,unloading,or not holding up a loading dock.
My co-workers on the other hand are always crying about something,and as far as anyone helping anyone out well thats a big joke,those days are long gone,now its everyone for themselves.
I guess I'm saying truckdrivers aren't the way they used to be back in the old days.

Ap, it's not as bad as you think, if you look hard enough for something your going to find it. Every day I'm in the yard I observe people helping people, drivers helping other drivers, even if it's as simple as giving info on a delivery or directions. Helping spot a gear, honking if you're too close to a trlr when backing in, this I see on a daily basis. Sure there are a few that don't want to get with the program, or refuse to go with the flow, but I just acknowledge it and move on. Maybe you should look for the positives of other people around you instead of thinking about how great it was when ol' heck was a pup. Times do change, not only for the better, but that is in the eyes of the beholder.

Its the new age drivers and I look forward to stepping out of a truck and never going back. Sick of the whole trucking game!

The "Big Picture" is usally dispalyed where no one can see it except certain individuals.

I, for one, have never seen it.

It is however rumored to be pasted under the middle drawer of the manager's desk.

So, its safe to say it has been viewed by some, but not all.

The upper management gaurd this with tight lips and a distant gaze. We call it the "Casper the Ghost" theory. Some of them see him, most don't.

The route that I run day after day in the city, we still have some good drivers left. All of the drivers would do whatever to help another. But I can say.....most of us are good ol' country people just lookin out for everyone.

Yeah coming from the old days,its just my way of offering help to whoever needs it without thinking about it.
If I have the knowledge to help,when I see its called for I just step in and help.
Steve 5 is right.
Its not truckers in general,it seems to be the youngens coming in now.
The ones that grew up having their folks working till midnight,so they could hand everything to their childern,they weren't able to have.
Now I don't mean to say all in this group is the same.
I guess its like everything else we incounter in life.
When everything is going good its not that noticable.
You notice when the bad comes out.
I put that negative post up in responce to a few of my fellow city drivers that can't have it their way,so they turn everyone else in that they feel are getting away with something.

Maybe you don't want to here this,but back in the day,the genral rule in trucking was drivers minded their own business,and helped fellow drivers when they could.
There were very few rats back in the day,and after they went crying to the boss.
A few drivers would take them aside,and straighten them out,with a good talking too,than not have any deallings with them after that for lack of trust.
Now days everything comes under the heading of harrassment.
You've got to watch everything you do as not to get the the boot.
So sorry for lumping everyone together I was wrong doing that.

The route that I run day after day in the city, we still have some good drivers left. All of the drivers would do whatever to help another. But I can say.....most of us are good ol' country people just lookin out for everyone.
We on the other hand up here leave our feelings at the door. Not too warm and fuzzy. Most of our good drivers have to pick up the slack for the flunkies. And when you can't take care of their mess, management comes down on you and not the slacker. The illusionary "Big Picture" has not shown it's leaderships head as of yet up in this neck of the woods. New colors, new name, but same old, same old!!

I am just wondering....has anyone seen the BIG PICTURE that management are always talking about ? :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Im not sure if we are on the same page, But the other day I saw the big picture when I was at best buy. This huge plazma tv. I wanted it because I have not been able to see the big picture. I told the sales man that I did not have any money on me to hold the tv. He said you dont have anything? I looked in my wallet again. Thats when I pulled out the $15.00 turkey coupon. I asked will this hold it for me? And he said, You don't and won't ever see the big picture.

Your funny BusterNite.
You know you don't need any cash to purchase the desires of your heart.
You only need a little piece of plastic the size of you time clock ID card.
Plastic will get you what you want when you want it.
You just have to work till they carry you off in a box for your final resting place to payoff what you used your small piece of plastic for.
If we could of seen this Big Picture when we were young and first started working for a pay check we could of invested in AOL or something of that nature,and would be sitting pretty by now.

Apo.... you just reminded me of something about AOL.. you call them they will lower your monthly bill to $9.00 and some change... and in some places its even free now.. but you have to call them about it. they just don't tell ya or do it..

Im not sure if we are on the same page, But the other day I saw the big picture when I was at best buy. This huge plazma tv. I wanted it because I have not been able to see the big picture. I told the sales man that I did not have any money on me to hold the tv. He said you dont have anything? I looked in my wallet again. Thats when I pulled out the $15.00 turkey coupon. I asked will this hold it for me? And he said, You don't and won't ever see the big picture.

Well we all know what BusterNite is going to do after retirement. Stand-up.:biglaugh: :hysterical:

We on the other hand up here leave our feelings at the door. Not too warm and fuzzy. Most of our good drivers have to pick up the slack for the flunkies. And when you can't take care of their mess, management comes down on you and not the slacker. The illusionary "Big Picture" has not shown it's leaderships head as of yet up in this neck of the woods. New colors, new name, but same old, same old!!

YOU ARE NOT KIDDING IETHER.....

Look into my eyepod.:flamed: :flamed: