ABF | The Big Problem......What Ya Gonna Do Ernie?

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
nFjowuV.jpg

Ok thats in the same class as fedex custom critical. Handful of owner operators running exp freight, if your trying to make the comparsions cf,con-way not even close.

h

Ok thats in the same class as fedex custom critical. Handful of owner operators running exp freight, if your trying to make the comparsions cf,con-way not even close.

h
Yeah....they said the same about YRC Logistics....ask a YRC driver how that is working out for them while they sit at home, on top of the PTS too....stop it now before it grows.

I'm thinking that Ernie is probably going to do mostly what Ms. Judy asks him to.

Why would Ernie say anything about panther, they don’t seem to care about freight. A week before our contract expires and we are still in talks for god sakes. Scheduled talks at that.
No one said a word about them when they bought them in the first place. If Hoffa and company don’t care it kind of sets the standard.

Call their bluff and strike right on the contract expiration date... Arcbest honestly thinks we don’t have the balls.
I applaud your enthusiasm Ronnie, but if you know anything about contact negotiations, you take a strike vote AFTER you reject a contract proposal. You can’t strike over frustration. It’s a process. Hang in there brother, it’ll go past the deadline, but you’ll have your opportunity to vote on a proposal, then if y’all vote it down, a strike vote comes then. I know it’s frustrating. Believe me, I’m on your side. Take care..

I applaud your enthusiasm Ronnie, but if you know anything about contact negotiations, you take a strike vote AFTER you reject a contract proposal. You can’t strike over frustration. It’s a process. Hang in there brother, it’ll go past the deadline, but you’ll have your opportunity to vote on a proposal, then if y’all vote it down, a strike vote comes then. I know it’s frustrating. Believe me, I’m on your side. Take care..
From what I hear all the way down the east coast... it’s on. Trust me, I know exactly how it works. 97’ UPS ALUMNI

yes, I agree..The Fart monitors this board and if they have a clue as to who/where you are, you will pay....

Yes they do, Brother........It's their favorite form of entertainment.......

All of our real pictures are posted on the executive lunchroom wall,....right next to the dartboard.....

Yes they do, Brother........It's their favorite form of entertainment.......

All of our real pictures are posted on the executive lunchroom wall,....right next to the dartboard.....
would that be in the new executive lunchroom paid for with the pay cuts? or is that the ArcBest executive lunchroom?

I think they were both paid for by our pay cuts.....although the ABF Executive lunchroom is in bad need of a remodel.........The teak and Brazilian hardwood paneling with inlaid mahogany clashes with the gold brocade drapes,...........and the Louis XIV antique dining room chairs are considered a little too..."recherche' ",.....besides being problematic by being a bit too narrow and "delicate".....for some of those wide corporate butts.......leading to some "unfortunate" incidents.......

And that executive dartboard our pictures are next to has the walls dotted with..."misses"....
That replacement Brazilian teak and mahogany don't come cheap,....especially with the disappearing rain forest......

I think they were both paid for by our pay cuts.....although the ABF Executive lunchroom is in bad need of a remodel.........The teak and Brazilian hardwood paneling with inlaid mahogany clashes with the gold brocade drapes,...........and the Louis XIV antique dining room chairs are considered a little too..."recherche' ",.....besides being problematic by being a bit too narrow and "delicate".....for some of those wide corporate butts.......leading to some "unfortunate" incidents.......

And that executive dartboard our pictures are next to has the walls dotted with..."misses"....
That replacement Brazilian teak and mahogany don't come cheap,....especially with the disappearing rain forest......
but, but they did get a good freight rate from Panther..I know what you mean..with the wide butts and weight gains from the wine & cheese parties, they could cause one of those chairs from the rainforest to break into pieces...as you can tell, my drink of choice is a good ol' brew, made in Milwaukee or St. Louis...not a fancy, smancy imported one..they'd better not let me sit in one of them...