Holland | The BIG yellow anchor

What doesn't make sense is that if we are hauling the freight and the customer is happy with the price and service why would YRC sales come in and lower it.. to put the same freight on their trucks.. Hello is anyone home..then one wonders why they cannot seem to make a profit..

we are all one. if you dont like that then go get another job and stop crying......

Far from it and spoken like true managment. This company managment hates our guts,they fuel the fire of hate and discontent on a daily basis with their frivolous threats and write UPS. A company will never be successful under these circumstances and will ultimately lead to our demise as well as other reasons.treat us like dirt and so it goes.get what you pay for.

What doesn't make sense is that if we are hauling the freight and the customer is happy with the price and service why would YRC sales come in and lower it.. to put the same freight on their trucks.. Hello is anyone home..then one wonders why they cannot seem to make a profit..
crazy this cancer called Yellow did the samething to Roadway when they first bought us out, only to lose the freight back to the Big R, now that Im at Holland, losing freight to YRCF is of no concern, they cant service the customer like Holland.. For as long as Ive been doing this (24 years) and this is going on my first year at Holland, I was laid of in Sept of 12 and called back January 7, I have never seen January call backs in this industry, and just to add a bit more to it, I was called back due to freight levels, not injuries or retirement, matter of fact we have 3 men retiring by mid February and Holland intends on calling the last 4 on lay-off back and hiring more.. This company knows how to service the customer, YRC on the other hand..

Last edited by a moderator:
we are all one.
Keep dreaming. No, you are not one. You consist of several different companies who don't hesitate to cut each other's throat to make a profit for your own company. Cutting the rates of a sister carrier is the stupidest thing that a Corporation can do. If I were one of the big shots at YRCW and I found out that one of our own salesmen cut the price of another one of our own carriers, I'd ****-can him immediately. But, since YRCW don't have enough brains to pour **** out of boot, that will never happen.
if you don't like that then go get another job and stop crying......
I didn't like the black cloud of bankruptcy hanging over my head every day, and didn't like seeing my wages and pension money getting pissed away out of stupidity, so that is exactly what I did.

Keep dreaming. No, you are not one. You consist of several different companies who don't hesitate to cut each other's throat to make a profit for your own company. Cutting the rates of a sister carrier is the stupidest thing that a Corporation can do. If I were one of the big shots at YRCW and I found out that one of our own salesmen cut the price of another one of our own carriers, I'd ****-can him immediately. But, since YRCW don't have enough brains to pour **** out of boot, that will never happen. I didn't like the black cloud of bankruptcy hanging over my head every day, and didn't like seeing my wages and pension money getting pissed away out of stupidity, so that is exactly what I did.
where did you end up, Flash?

486 never say never. Last week our TM was relieved of his duties. He was stunned to say the least. Numerous calls from customers, drivers, sales dept and inner office fighting finally was his demise. With his departure the attitude and energy has increased 100 fold.

Oh yea, I might add our old TM was Roadway OM before Holland.

I hope you guys numbers really improve so that upper management can see that the roadway style of running things doesnt work at Holland.
And by Roadway style I mean that every teamster is not a criminal with the mentality of a 9 year old.

Moonshine??? heard there is good money in it...

Anyway good luck with you new business as I know it is a tough going.
I have a pretty diversified business going right now. Moonshine, gun running, and a Meth lab. Between the three, it keeps me busy enough.:27::nono_h4h::biglaugh:

I'm actually semi-retired, I don't do any more than I have to. Once in a while she starts bossing me around with a "honey do" list and gives me old flashback nightmares of the days when I actually had to work. It's kind of like with my old boss, I'd see his lips moving but all I heard was blah, blah, blah. :biglaugh:

Yellow was number one!! Just ask a Yellow employer who drank the Kool aid!:fan:

2nd quarter Holland OR 94.7
2nd quarter YRC "freight" OR 100.6

Getting rather old having to pay their bills for them. Since WE made money shouldn't we be getting some new equipment???

I heard Holland drivers are getting assigned tractors for your great work!! They're working on the old Roadway cab overs as we speak. Keep up the good work team YRC!!

Wow :15: cabovers :19:

Here's the junk were getting at Newpenn worse part was I backed into a customer last week and loaded next to the YRC driver..He had a brand new white volvo with less than 15000 miles on it..

Thanks YRC

scott_zps4e3e037f-1_zps2a3e2908.jpg