XPO | The boxboss question and answer thread

He probably found out exactly how much of a pay cut he would have to absorb in order to change over to the "dark side" and went screaming into the night......

:holysheep:

"Beware the 'Dark Side' of the force Luke......Beware"

:bowdown:

While we are on the topic, why do we put white shirts on the guys on the "dark side"..??

All things of the "Dark Side" must be cloaked in "Invisibility" armour to protect them from the ALL SEEING eyes of those of us who people the "LIGHT".......Otherwise they would be instantly recognizable as participants in the dealings from the "Masters" of the Crystal Palace, and therefore completly ignored in all their evil handed ways....

All things of the "Dark Side" must be cloaked in "Invisibility" armour to protect them from the ALL SEEING eyes of those of us who people the "LIGHT".......Otherwise they would be instantly recognizable as participants in the dealings from the "Masters" of the Crystal Palace, and therefore completly ignored in all their evil handed ways....

By chance, did you get some movies for Christmas..??

No.....but I did get a new crack pipe.....lost the other one on my way up to go skiing over the weekend........Wait......I don't ski......AND, it isn't the weekend yet........that might have been a dream, or drug induced hallucination. I knew i should have quit after the second Egg Nog......

No.....but I did get a new crack pipe.....lost the other one on my way up to go skiing over the weekend........Wait......I don't ski......AND, it isn't the weekend yet........that might have been a dream, or drug induced hallucination. I knew i should have quit after the second Egg Nog......

Oh yeah, the Nog....I've heard about it, but never have come across it...

Hmmm.... I thought WHITE shirts because you don't get dirty from sitting behing a desk like you do out on dock... or are the shirts white so the dsr's can shoot paint balls at the FOS while they aren't looking?? :hysterical:

I STILL think ConWay should cut ME a check for washing/drying hubby's uniforms since others get their done at the cleaners and the wives don't have to worry about the grease and oil. Geeze....

Well, I'm in the west, and I have to half way tell the new FOS and his leadman how to do their job. I have stepped on a few toes, but everytime it was in line, and undisputed. I have been with the company for 5 years and have asked to move up, but because I haven't kissed a** and gave a lot of free time to the company, I am constantly overlooked. I know, at least I have a job. Management doesn't promote from the employees that have been around and can actually contribute, they promote from the guys that have sucked up and know how to kiss the *** of the MAN that is in control. :butt kiss:

I love working for Con-Way, but I feel that I could be used in a better way. I have been to too many service centers and know how they work,and believe that I am not appreciated at all. Maybe I dont know how to kiss a**:hysterical:, or maybe it don't smell right to me. Either way I guess I will always be where I am at because of my attitude towards the booty. I love working for CON-WAY though, for real.....:hysterical:
[yt]-7W-8_7dgog[/yt]

boxboss question&answer thread

hey boxb at a terminal there is a senior driver whos in a '99 tractor and it sits during the day so only he puts miles on it.this tractor issue of oldest running the longest bids and parked during p&d???? does that make sence? ive heard it works for both p&d as well as line haul, wouldnt it make sence to put that tractor on a long p&d as well?:1036316054:

The way I see it is this...My guys want rid of the damned things, so we are going to run the crap out of them as fast as we can...we may have to run a stakebed behind them picking parts up off the road, but we are going to get the miles up on them...the sooner the better...If I could let drivers commute back and forth to work in them , I would...

tape

The way I see it is this...My guys want rid of the damned things, so we are going to run the crap out of them as fast as we can...we may have to run a stakebed behind them picking parts up off the road, but we are going to get the miles up on them...the sooner the better...If I could let drivers commute back and forth to work in them , I would...

I carry lots of ducktape and gum with me. Helps keep some parts together.:clap::TR10driving03:

I can't help but think that they want our linehaul dept to fail. Put all these junkers on the road, get lots and lots of delay time, and, road service expenses........get those linehaul costs way up and then, use the numbers to legitimize more sub-service operations......"Look, our linehaul dept can't do the job, we need England and Truckload to move our stuff, god knows our people can't get it done, most of the time they can't even make it to destination without breaking down....."

Not everyone who thinks that people are out to "get" them are paranoid, sometimes there really ARE people out to get them......

I can't help but think that they want our linehaul dept to fail. Put all these junkers on the road, get lots and lots of delay time, and, road service expenses........get those linehaul costs way up and then, use the numbers to legitimize more sub-service operations......"Look, our linehaul dept can't do the job, we need England and Truckload to move our stuff, god knows our people can't get it done, most of the time they can't even make it to destination without breaking down....."

Not everyone who thinks that people are out to "get" them are paranoid, sometimes there really ARE people out to get them......

Purchase can't handle 5% of our freight movement...they have neither the people nor the equipment..

Well, I'm in the west, and I have to half way tell the new FOS and his leadman how to do their job. I have stepped on a few toes, but everytime it was in line, and undisputed. I have been with the company for 5 years and have asked to move up, but because I haven't kissed a** and gave a lot of free time to the company, I am constantly overlooked. I know, at least I have a job. Management doesn't promote from the employees that have been around and can actually contribute, they promote from the guys that have sucked up and know how to kiss the *** of the MAN that is in control. :butt kiss:

I love working for Con-Way, but I feel that I could be used in a better way. I have been to too many service centers and know how they work,and believe that I am not appreciated at all. Maybe I dont know how to kiss a**:hysterical:, or maybe it don't smell right to me. Either way I guess I will always be where I am at because of my attitude towards the booty. I love working for CON-WAY though, for real.....:hysterical:

Why would i promote someone with a negative attitude. We label those with good attitudes "a.. kissers" because we just can't stand to see someone with a possitive attitude that loves what they do and wants to do the best job they can. When i promoted DSR's or CSR's from within, i looked for potential professionalism in a salaried position. Attitude and the willingness to be the best professional one can be is more important when it comes to promotion than knowing the details of the dock. When i promote someone from the driver ranks, i am no longer going to ask them to drive a truck or a forklift. Experience is good, but a possitive, pro-Con-way attitude is the most important thing. You can call it whatever you choose, but when you are doing the hiring, it is just smart. Why would i ever want to promote the smartest guy with a pi$$ poor attitude. Then i have to live with that poor attitude and i will be kicking myself every day i have to work with that poor attitude. It is not kissing anything, it is a willingness to be a great employee. Sound corny ??? It is the way it is, period.