XPO | The boxboss question and answer thread

Why would i promote someone with a negative attitude. We label those with good attitudes "a.. kissers" because we just can't stand to see someone with a possitive attitude that loves what they do and wants to do the best job they can. When i promoted DSR's or CSR's from within, i looked for potential professionalism in a salaried position. Attitude and the willingness to be the best professional one can be is more important when it comes to promotion than knowing the details of the dock. When i promote someone from the driver ranks, i am no longer going to ask them to drive a truck or a forklift. Experience is good, but a possitive, pro-Con-way attitude is the most important thing. You can call it whatever you choose, but when you are doing the hiring, it is just smart. Why would i ever want to promote the smartest guy with a pi$$ poor attitude. Then i have to live with that poor attitude and i will be kicking myself every day i have to work with that poor attitude. It is not kissing anything, it is a willingness to be a great employee. Sound corny ??? It is the way it is, period.
Wow, we have another SCM here or what? Your not a Giants fan are you?

i hear what your saying capt.d. why on earth would what someone with half a brain next to you. the competion might be hard on ya

Welcome to the looney bin capt.d :smilie_132:

RAT:cool:

Hey.....wait just a minute here......Bubba.....

Us loonies might resent that remark.....

(Probably not, but, you can't ever tell about us loonies, most of us are, well...............looney)....:woohoo1:

Hey.....wait just a minute here......Bubba.....

Us loonies might resent that remark.....

(Probably not, but, you can't ever tell about us loonies, most of us are, well...............looney)....:woohoo1:

:loser: Exactly my point...luv you man or should I say....looney person!:shades:

Rat

thank you for the welcome. I am not at the BoxBoss level, but i am not a driver. I have many many professional drivers as freinds and coworkers. Usually i read stuff on here and do not feel the need to reply. BoxBoss has EVERYTHING well covered and i have not read one of his answers that i did not agree with. Not one. I was just killing time reading through this when i came across that one that i felt i just HAD to reply to. I see it so often. Someone thinks they should be President, but NO ONE around them thinks they should be because their attitude stinks. I am not calling any individual out, just the attitude that "i am great, why cant they see that, must be because i don't kiss... come on !!! It's because of the total package you bring to the table. Your attitude is part of the package.

i am no Giants fan !!! That is all i can say about that or the locals will know me. heck, they probably already do.

In closing, i hear a lot of "Con-way is not the same company" stuff....name me one company that is the same in our industry as 10 years ago. Name me one company that has better drivers or management. Yes, i am glad i work for Con-way. Does that make me some sort of kiss... or does that make me some company mole.... or is it that i am just grateful for the job i have especially in these times. Can the company improve, you bet ya....so lets try to improve it, one person at a time. Let it start with me....there is a compay line for you to chew on.

again, thanks for the welcome. i have read many many intelligent, well thought out opinions on this site. Then again some not
later...

" Core Values " ?

Which of the CNW , " Core Values " , apply to
CNW when it continues to advertise and tout
itself as , " a $ 4.7b company " , on its own
web site , press releases , and printed material,
when its value is less than $ 1b ?

Just4Thought

Thank You

Maybe because that's your annual revenue? At least according to your annual reports and such. Seems most companies market themselves in this fashion...

oaf

Maybe because that's your annual revenue? At least according to your annual reports and such. Seems most companies market themselves in this fashion...

oaf

Perhaps posts such as the above are why many of the questions on this thread go un-ansered by
whom they were asked .

Wrong ansere . That is NOT , based the annual revenue , but the market cap., which is used to
value a company .

Just4Thought

I'm just saying that market valuation and revenue are two different things.

Valuation is also somewhat speculative, as it's what "someone" might be willing to pay for the company on any given day. So I think it would be tough for your company to market itself as a $XXX company based on what this analyst thinks it's worth today, versus what that analyst thought it was worth yesterday.

Revenue is at least a more solid and tangible number and is not subject to that sort of market speculation.

oaf

I'm just saying that market valuation and revenue are two different things.

Valuation is also somewhat speculative, as it's what "someone" might be willing to pay for the company on any given day. So I think it would be tough for your company to market itself as a $XXX company based on what this analyst thinks it's worth today, versus what that analyst thought it was worth yesterday.

Revenue is at least a more solid and tangible number and is not subject to that sort of market speculation.

oaf

Perhaps I would have been better served to have
started a thread entitled " Old AF Question and
Wrong Answer Thread " on the CNW forum ?

CNW chose to raise their advertised value each
time the MARKET CAP., figure rose to its highest
point . That figure changes hourly if not more .
It is NOT determined by some " analyst " .

Just4Thought

Mr. BoxB

Which of the CNW , " Core Values " , apply to
CNW when it continues to advertise and tout
itself as , " a $ 4.7b company " , on its own
web site , press releases , and printed material,
when its value is less than $ 1b ?

Just4Thought

Thank You

I realise you are a busy man . Albeit , I would
still be intrested as to your in-put regarding
the above . If you find the time to respond .

Thank You .