Yellow | The brands

F

fonzo1

now that we all know the merger is coming, I keep hearing them say that they will keep and support both brands. does any know how they will maintain and support both brands? Will Roadway drivers be driving yellow trucks/ yellow drivers driving roadway trucks?::nutkick:

Don't Yellow also own New Penn and New Holland to? If yes what are they going to do about that?I heard that they going to combined everyone they own.But that is what I heard.

info for YRC merger people

yes, it is already been happening. I work as as eevening dispatcher/paper pusher for Roadway at Daytona Beach, Fl, a small end of the line terminal. I have been seeing this for the past 4 years, and the Road drivers/Linehaul that come to my terminal to clear my freight tell me they have seen it all the time.

Don't Yellow also own New Penn and New Holland to? If yes what are they going to do about that?I heard that they going to combined everyone they own.But that is what I heard.

You heard wrong. The only merging that they are doing as of now is with Yellow and Roadway.

the only operations "integrating" are yellow's and roadway's period..... usf, new penn, yrc logistics, and reimer will remain separate entities......

straight from zollars and smids mouths during their most recent conference call, as well as listed in several publications since then ( all available on the web) the other companies will remain separated from this integration, and will continue to run as such....now, if they decide to sell one or more off down the road....who knows?

straight from zollars and smids mouths during their most recent conference call, as well as listed in several publications since then ( all available on the web) the other companies will remain separated from this integration, and will continue to run as such....now, if they decide to sell one or more off down the road....who knows?

I would agree with this statement.....however.....It doesnt mean you are safe from changes if you work from one of these secondary carriers,Just means that yellow and roadway are merging. Would be a real good idea for everyone to take a quick scan of usf's board and do some reading there. Some real interesting stuff there on the contract negotiations and some word of the international interveening! Rest assured that Hoffa's concerns with this issue now are directly involved with this whole ordeal.
Another big question in my mind is,just what are the plans for this new chinese outfit recently purchased and how will they be woven into yrc. I believe there are some very real problems going down in the logistics arena right now and everyone seems to be overlooking it.

I would agree with this statement.....however.....It doesnt mean you are safe from changes if you work from one of these secondary carriers,Just means that yellow and roadway are merging. Would be a real good idea for everyone to take a quick scan of usf's board and do some reading there. Some real interesting stuff there on the contract negotiations and some word of the international interveening! Rest assured that Hoffa's concerns with this issue now are directly involved with this whole ordeal.
Another big question in my mind is,just what are the plans for this new chinese outfit recently purchased and how will they be woven into yrc. I believe there are some very real problems going down in the logistics arena right now and everyone seems to be overlooking it.

Thank you, I do not think usf or anyone else is safe from redundant terminals

zollar and smid also said (when asked about the merging of corp.sales) a few months ago that there were no plans to merge roadway and yellow. I believe what I see