Yellow | The Butch Lewis Act

Don't cut my pension!

Rule number one, ACT ALONE tell NOBODY, EVER. Don't say cutesie innuendos at the bar.
Plan. Make it quick and decisive. Know the risks. Do it. Shut your mouth. Repeat keep your
mouth SHUT. Conscience may bother you on occasion and give you doubt about your actions.
Ignore it, it'll pass. Remember you did civilization a solid.

Don't cut my pension!

Rule number one, ACT ALONE tell NOBODY, EVER. Don't say cutesie innuendos at the bar.
Plan. Make it quick and decisive. Know the risks. Do it. Shut your mouth. Repeat keep your
mouth SHUT. Conscience may bother you on occasion and give you doubt about your actions.
Ignore it, it'll pass. Remember you did civilization a solid.

Mescaline/peyote or window pane?

if your union cant pay its obligations in pension benefits now, why would you give them a loan that they have to pay back on top of your pension benefit ? wouldn't it be a better idea to conduct an audit to find out why with the longest bull run in market history these pensions are out of money ?

if your union cant pay its obligations in pension benefits now, why would you give them a loan that they have to pay back on top of your pension benefit ? wouldn't it be a better idea to conduct an audit to find out why with the longest bull run in market history these pensions are out of money ?
I know it's all been said before, but:

1 The union does not "pay its obligations in pension funds" -- the company pays.

2 The union has no control over the pension. And nobody is asking for a loan for the Union.

3 Apart from the unprecedented crash in 07, a bull or bear market has little affect on pensions. The pension is going broke because there are 5 retirees for every 1 still-working person. If YRC was meeting 100% of its pension obligation the fund would still be going broke, just at a somewhat slower pace.

:tumbleweed::tribehasspoken:
Had to look that up, must have been a jeopardy question.

I was not aware Red Buttons, used Peyote Buttons. Was he native American?

I don’t believe that his particular recessive allele is present in either the Native American nor Mexican Indian populations.

AND, I have no hard data proving he partook.

His good name is sufficient.

So WHY is Hoffa & union fighting more for this Butch Lewis Act ??????????
Did you mean why ISN'T Hoffa & union fighting more for the Butch Lewis Act?

If I understand correctly -- and I may not -- apart from when the contract negotiations are being negotiated -- when the amount of money the company pays into the pension in leu of employee wages is being negotiated -- Hoffa and the Union are legally barred from effecting the Pension Plan in any way.

22 out of 100 senators. Need 60 to get it thru cloture. 168 out of 435 Representatives. Need 218. It hasn't gotten out of Committee to even be voted on.
And there is one political party in particular that is seeing to it that this bill gets no where. Hint: it is the Party of big business, corporations, and billionaires. The same party that gave James Welch a huge tax cut and created tax incentives that made paying him off in inflated stock an extremely lucrative proposition.

Did you mean why ISN'T Hoffa & union fighting more for the Butch Lewis Act?

If I understand correctly -- and I may not -- apart from when the contract negotiations are being negotiated -- when the amount of money the company pays into the pension in leu of employee wages is being negotiated -- Hoffa and the Union are legally barred from effecting the Pension Plan in any way.
Correct Why ISN'T Hoffa & Union fighting more for it ??

Hypothetical question: For all those people who are in favor of Government (taxpayer) money being used to bail out our pension funds; Would you feel the same way if the pensions being bailed out were for non-union companies?

The Butch Lewis Act was discussed on here for over a year before introduced in Congress. Senator Brown knew it was Dead On Arrival.

So because the Republicans won't even let this bill out of committee, therefore Senator Brown is suspect? Shouldn't you be concerned about the people who stopped Senator Brown rather then with Senator Brown himself?

The morning he introduced it, it was tabled in November a year ago. That afternoon, he yelled and screamed stupidly at the Committee Chairman, which didnt help.

I think it's time someone yelled and screamed about what the billionaire/CEO class in this country are doing to the working people of America. Being quiet and polite isn't helping to solve this problem. James Welch and his billionaire buddies ain't being polite to you or me or the working class. Attention needs to be brought to the pension crises and the exploding wealth inequality. Shouting stupidly may or may not help the situation, but if it brings attention to it I'm all for it. Furthermore, I hesitate to call anyone who is fighting for me - for my pension - for my ability to retire with dignity - stupid.

This Bill has no support, and can't get out of Committee, doesnt even have all the Dems, and yet people are blaming Repubs for holding it back.

Dude, did you look at the graphic? There is a distinct red/blue divide.

Find another way. This one's dead...

Another way would be to vote these *&$#$)*^$(%#-ers out of office.[/QUOTE]