Yellow | The Change

screwy louiey

TB Veteran
Credits
The COO has freight moving with quicker transit times and service improvements. I want to know with all the mini runs with guyz on a lay down you would think they could get more miles and use out of these guys instead of being.:boxedin:

Hey Screwy, you may have heard we got email that all pups must be 15,000 min to run without auth. from relay. 53 Vans 33,000 I think and forgot what 48 ft min was. Maybe all is not well in the land of Oz :smilie_132: Could cost be sky rocketing?:duh:

i think it kinda funny, they pushed the EEFB on us, about "decisions made by those close to the task" and now were too stupid to close a trailer, we have to call Akron for permission. what a joke!

dockworker@342 said:
i think it kinda funny, they pushed the EEFB on us, about "decisions made by those close to the task" and now were too stupid to close a trailer, we have to call Akron for permission. what a joke!

You have to call Akron or does the Service Coordinator have to call? What does this have to do with EEFB?

wolf said:
Hey Screwy, you may have heard we got email that all pups must be 15,000 min to run without auth. from relay. 53 Vans 33,000 I think and forgot what 48 ft min was. Maybe all is not well in the land of Oz :smilie_132: Could cost be sky rocketing?:duh:
48ftrs are 30k

At 120 for the most it was service coorinator.Then they had whoever cut the trailer call. I guess whoever they called got tired of hearing "get out of your office and come look at this trailer" from the dockworkers, because now only upper management is going to call.

holding partials.....

yo.....

one of the byproducts of corridor freight loading is partials can be held for another day or so and still make service......

why pull half a trailer if you don't have to because transit time have improved......

only exceptions would be longer lanes where 2nd morning is critical.....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; we've been doing it that way for years @wolleyworld.........

pps; always check trailers for freight at night at a dark terminal so you don't hook up to a trap by mistake.......

Docksteward said:
Hey Lou.........welcome back to the boards!! You had me worried for a minute!?! DS.

I'm back from my mental health vacation
:drama:too much time away with the military reserves does that at times DS. Some of these road guyz they brought in are starving as they are run only on these mini runs point to point. Wonder how much $$$$ we're spending bedding down these guys on mimi runs.

since mar 12 there have been guys running on top of each other in here like a mini linehaul operation here. supervisors are programmed to react like robots and talk to the central dispatch computer :hypnodisk: ( computer says do this, I will comply eventhough it doesn't make sense).

EEFB what is that??? I think that went out of style with the members only jackets:biglaugh: . It is all a puzzle palace[:biglaugh:] and we're the pieces holding it together till the kinks are worked out. My goal fellas is to load 50,000 on a 53' every night and it will scale out if the supervisors stop trying to get me to make more loads instead of building them. Oh well I going back out on the street to peddle freight. When Roadway leaves the area there will be no freight left to be picked up for outbound and we'll even turn the lights out for ya .

High Cost of Fuel

wolf said:
The story at 671 is that FUEL costs were the reason for the increased attention to LF. Also they told us only OB freight was the focus. My thought is that hub and IB have cut times, and you have to pull a partial load because of the cut time. We did the very same thing when the Metro/Express program was rolled out. We had a metro loader and it was to be cut by a certain time, full or not. Didn't last long. Some were saying that fuel cost weren't the only thing.........that 55 cent raise :bgroovy: added to the mix!! DS.

"We're bringing trailers back to the dock"!!

stacker said:
At 120 for the most it was service coorinator.Then they had whoever cut the trailer call. I guess whoever they called got tired of hearing "get out of your office and come look at this trailer" from the dockworkers, because now only upper management is going to call.
Hey stacker.........I watched them pull a pup back to the dock today. They had a guy climb in the back and pull one of the boxes from a skid to measure it, trying to change the class rate. Then he put a shipment of 8 boxes on it and cut it. They spent a total of about an hour doing this. Let's see......1 swicher to put trailer to the dock. 1 dockworker to work the freight, again. 1 super to change the class, 1 switcher to pull trailer out again. RDWY spending a dollar to save a dime................priceless:biglaugh: DS.

screwy louiey said:
:drama:too much time away with the military reserves does that at times DS. Some of these road guyz they brought in are starving as they are run only on these mini runs point to point. Wonder how much $$$$ we're spending bedding down these guys on mini runs.

Got to clear your head!!:chairshot: We have seen a bunch of foreign power come in since the change. Lots more bed time too. Got to cost lots more. Can't blame that on fuel costs!!:bgroovy: DS.

screwy louiey said:
:drama:too much time away with the military reserves does that at times DS. Some of these road guyz they brought in are starving as they are run only on these mini runs point to point. Wonder how much $$$$ we're spending bedding down these guys on mimi runs.

since mar 12 there have been guys running on top of each other in here like a mini linehaul operation here.
Got to clear your head!!:chairshot: We have seen a bunch of foreign power come in since the change. Lots more bed time too. Got to cost lots more. Can't blame that on fuel costs!!:bgroovy: DS.

Noticed that since the change here we used to hit the street by 9:30 am the latest , now with the freight coming in the way it does we are getting out @ 10:30 & 11:00. Get to your first stop and they're on lunch and if you can't work around it your day is shot cause @ 1:00 your p/u's start rolling in and you got a 2:30pm closing. I tell it aint easy being me:Duel:

Sunday night the 187 driver was telling me he was held up for 2 hours at Brooklyn then had a 6 mile, One hour detour on side streets to get to the BQE because of a shooting. (Go figure! A shooting in Brooklyn?) I know, I ran into it on the way out also!
In any event he told me that was the only time he was held up on the 187/211 run. Leaves at 10 pm, Arrives 211 approx 9-10 hours later. One day servies to 211 and a day cut for 309/ West transit times.
Asumeing that the other eastern terminals are doing likewise to 211/231/242 I am guessing Rex could care less about drivers doing anything above a mini.
Now if the guys that went to 131 or 148 want to say, Do a turn to 120 and then go to 211 well they better damn sight have another change because that is OUR WORK! Same for anyone wanting to turn 135 before they go to 211.
They said that 120 would lose 40% of our work in the last change and guess what? We lost 80% because they let 135 and 211 run freight around us to New England and the Metro NYC/NJ. BS!
Do what you say you are going to do in the change! If you wanted to take more then you should have told the Local and let more men transfer out!
Why LIE about something so important? Why SCREW with peoples lives? Somebody at AGO getting his jollys doing this?
On one hand they improve the operation and add linehaul work within the system. At the same time they turn the Breaks into Goast towns.

screwy louiey said:
It is those high dollar engineers who wrote their college thesis and are applying it now Metro.
Hey Lou......do you see some freight migrating back to some of the "losers" of the COO after the 90 day clause?? I know they are pushing freight through 135, 309 and 511. What I read they are blown out!! Knowing a little bit about how RDWY works, I can see that happening!! DS.

In my opinion they under estimated freight going to these lanes. For instance we got enough freight to build loads to 120 & addition 211 as directs but it is being disquised being coded to 135 & 242. They got changes going on that should be done with a mini change to tweek this thing right but its not.:cuss: :maddance3:

screwy louiey said:
In my opinion they under estimated freight going to these lanes. For instance we got enough freight to build loads to 120 & addition 211 as directs but it is being disquised being coded to 135 & 242. They got changes going on that should be done with a mini change to tweek this thing right but its not.:cuss: :maddance3:
You wouldn't believe the freight we push through 135 and 309. Stuff we used to load through other BB's. I know the 135 and 309 guys know what I'm talking about:nutkick: DS.