Yellow | The Change

screwy louiey said:
DS I saw that freight that is going to flood the system next week. They're staging it now 8x4 plts stacked 7 high. Cube it out brother, the powers to be have not spoken yet about their master plan. The X-board should get plenty of work next week.
Hey SL........Do you know if this is OB, HUB or IB freight for us?? Since the COO the dock feels like 3 different places. All 3 have diffrent load factor goals. You got long haul OB, short haul HUB, and skip and a jump IB. It's not that big of a deal, but kinda hard to get used to. I'm glad I stay on one end of the dock and don't have to go from one to another, back and fourth. Our OB stackers can "put it to the roof"!:cool: High and Tight. Thanks. DS.

Its Coming To A Terminal Near You

heard from them today that they are loading directs to destination terminals. The TM & rep were trying to plan this out. Its going to be fast and furious and they are letting Akron and those rocket scientist call the shots:eek: ( oh boy, here we go).

Talk about growth and we been saying all long for them to get a bigger terminal and now this place is going to get swallowed up cause those engineers again said we're not at full capacity:duh: :duh: . Now we're struggling to just to get the equipment in place.

X-tra board men working in other districts from 120, 135, 671, 211,242 get to 657 next week cause the freight is here & we lack the manpower and equipment to get it done.Bring every god damn empty you got boys:biglaugh:

ROADWAY: "Always on the Road & Always in your Way" THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

screwy louiey said:
X-tra board men working in other districts from 120, 135, 671, 211,242 get to 657 next week cause the freight is here & we lack the manpower and equipment to get it done.
Hey Lou.......is there a contractual way to put more drivers on by using the amount of "foreign power" drivers used?? I think this is why the boards are being exhausted so quickly. Just a thought. DS.

Docksteward said:
Hey Lou.......is there a contractual way to put more drivers on by using the amount of "foreign power" drivers used?? I think this is why the boards are being exhausted so quickly. Just a thought. DS.

It is my understanding that if freight is being generated from another location and this case a satellite, end of line or service center and there is a road operation in place and they can't cover it. Then foreign power (XTRA board) can be run in to get the overflow but they don't have to be returned to their domicile terminal like a bid driver (A-B-A dispatch).

The driver sign in book and maintenance of records can be an issue to justify them in hiring or putting more people on and showing who is being run in and out of there.. Sometimes the work is seasonal, new account, end of the month & or as they like to say growth.

The freight has to move and if they can't move it cause of lack of manpower and equip someone else will. I think thats why your board is exhausted so quickly and why they hiring 12 drivers.

Was told if we run out of MTY's to have our city guys run to 162 (bobtail 100 miles) to get some. Forget about running your city operation go get MTY's. Stay tuned brother this is going to be interesting:crowded: :covereyes:

You guys have a holding lot anywhere?? On Mondays we get a boat load of emptys and they are stored in the old IB parking lot. I'm talking 8 sets across and 4 deep!! That will all end when Yellow moves in. Then where do we put them?? Guess we could fill up "Captain Toms" parking lot!! Hey Lou.......how's "walking eagle" doing at 162? Haven't heard anything out of him, they must have taken right up with him:rolleyes: . Just a lot of difference between him and Tom L. DS.

Yellow moving in??? something i missed??
ok they have started a freight run around plan for the heights when we get slammed they now have a plan to run freight around the heights freight levels have started to tip off here but expect a heavy end of month.

Chicago Roadway said:
Yellow moving in??? something i missed??
ok they have started a freight run around plan for the heights when we get slammed they now have a plan to run freight around the heights freight levels have started to tip off here but expect a heavy end of month.
Hey CR.........Yea you heard me right.....We moved out of our IB dock about 2-3 years ago, all on one dock :nutkick: . According to rumors Yellow, Holland, and everyone else was moving in there. Well our TM told me the other day that Yellow would be moved in on that dock by July 1. Contractors have been overthere spiffing up the place. It's funny about your place there CR, RDWY will starve out 120, 682 and 153....and blast 309, 211 and 511 with so much freight that you can't keep up?? I know the terminals are in different locations, but if you can direct load around some, why can't you direct load around 309, 211 and 511. Hell......we send 820, 821 etc......through 511??? Come on!!:duh: DS.

Docksteward said:
You guys have a holding lot anywhere?? On Mondays we get a boat load of emptys and they are stored in the old IB parking lot. I'm talking 8 sets across and 4 deep!! That will all end when Yellow moves in. Then where do we put them?? Guess we could fill up "Captain Toms" parking lot!! Hey Lou.......how's "walking eagle" doing at 162? Haven't heard anything out of him, they must have taken right up with him:rolleyes: . Just a lot of difference between him and Tom L. DS.

got us working six punches saturday & sunday, we requested Mty's and they are railing us mty's out of Denver. Now were talking rail now so it'll get here when it gets here. Got a drop lot that'll hold about 20 and we started to fill it up.

The eagle has landed @162 and the FatMan walks alone :biglaugh: all is quiet there as the new world order is in place. Tom L how's he doing in the ATL he ran a tight ship there @ 162.

screwy louiey said:
got us working six punches saturday & sunday, we requested Mty's and they are railing us mty's out of Denver. Now were talking rail now so it'll get here when it gets here. Got a drop lot that'll hold about 20 and we started to fill it up.

The eagle has landed @162 and the FatMan walks alone :biglaugh: all is quiet there as the new world order is in place. Tom L how's he doing in the ATL he ran a tight ship there @ 162.
Yea........the train will get there, when it gets there!! Just don't try waiting on it. I haven't heard from Tom L, I will find out. I imagine those guys are missing him right about now. I guess your yard will overflow into the street.:duh: .....again!! When will they figure it out? So the engineers say you guys have plenty room? I wouldn't have expected anything less!! They designed the current lay out on our dock too..........what a screw up!!:chairshot: DS.

Think th eengineers are doing a fine job! Here at 120 you could play football, baseball and soccer, and not bump into anyone. MAybe thats what they should do rent it to sports teams.

Docksteward said:
Hey guys...........I just heard this little tid bid, yesterday. We have a state approved CDL trainer at the terminal. He has a 2 seater truck that he is assigned to. "They", I assume RDWY, took the truck from him and are doing some test runs with it. I don't think it is turned up to run faster. Just wondering if DOT is doing a little investigating. It looks like several of you guys have some questionable runs. I have heard 671 does too. Several guys have talked about the 411 turn out of 671? What little I know, "just a dumb dock worker", you can do it with a turned up Freightliner, but most aren't that way. If DOT makes the decision we can't do it legally, where does the driver that has been doing it weekly stand?? I'm with you guys, what was wrong with the "meet and turns"??:duh: DS.
671 pays 333each way to 411.when I was on xtra board,I could not do 671 under 6 hrs.go figure

loner said:
671 pays 333each way to 411.when I was on xtra board,I could not do 671 under 6 hrs.go figure
Hey loner.....welcome to the boards!:smilie_132: You can imagine what some of the drivers are saying about that run, just not the ones that turn it!!:duh: I have also heard some talk about the run time to Meridian, MS. from your place?!? DS.

Docksteward said:
Hey CR.........Yea you heard me right.....We moved out of our IB dock about 2-3 years ago, all on one dock :nutkick: . According to rumors Yellow, Holland, and everyone else was moving in there. Well our TM told me the other day that Yellow would be moved in on that dock by July 1. Contractors have been overthere spiffing up the place. It's funny about your place there CR, RDWY will starve out 120, 682 and 153....and blast 309, 211 and 511 with so much freight that you can't keep up?? I know the terminals are in different locations, but if you can direct load around some, why can't you direct load around 309, 211 and 511. Hell......we send 820, 821 etc......through 511??? Come on!!:duh: DS.

funnny they say it cost more to send freight through chicago than anyone else we can only do about 2.7 bills per hour they keep telling us we are going to loose all the freight if we do not get to 3 bills per hour..:TR10driving03:

Chicago Roadway said:
funnny they say it cost more to send freight through chicago than anyone else we can only do about 2.7 bills per hour they keep telling us we are going to loose all the freight if we do not get to 3 bills per hour..:TR10driving03:
CR,
If you guys were doing 5 bills per hour they say that they had to have 6.....it's a neverending battle.

stldude44 said:
CR,
If you guys were doing 5 bills per hour they say that they had to have 6.....it's a neverending battle.
Hey stldude...:1036316054: ....spoken like a man that knows how these companys operate!! Give them an inch.........and you know the rest. When the new dock layout first started in March, it was cross dock on the OB. Strip it and go load it. Any person that has ever walked across a dock knows this helps your bills per hour, but kills load factor. Plus it causes more re work. All of a sudden RDWY starts crying they want more LF. Well make up your mind, and we have been down this road over and over just the past 12 years that I have been around. You get load factor by building the load, not crossdock.:duh: Even then, you may not have the tonnage! DS.

Since the change 75% of the inbound is hitting us after 5:30AM and by the time I hit the street it is 10:30- 11am. after the first stop its time for lunch and after 1pm you start getting hit with the p/u's and the early close times.

So much about the productivity and getting off the yard. Thought they had a cutoff time for any freight arriving at a terminal where it wouldn't be charge to go out for delivery. I remember it used to be 7:30am, then 8:30am and now it doesn't matter.

Hell I got a cut time myself 10am I am hitting the street to deliver freight, if they need someone they need to call in a casual.