Yellow | The Change

screwy louiey said:
we requested Mty's and they are railing us mty's out of Denver. Now were talking rail now so it'll get here when it gets here. Got a drop lot that'll hold about 20 and we started to fill it up.
Hey Lou.......Just heard tonight you guys will be getting nothing but vans from us now. They had a empty van moving from a strip door to your stack door and a P+D driver needed it and took off with it!!:bgroovy: Super was :chairshot: irate?!? It's kind of a catch 22, can't load pups to 657 and P+D needs equipment to pick up freight!?? What do ya do? :rolleyes: DS.

Docksteward said:
Hey loner.....welcome to the boards!:smilie_132: You can imagine what some of the drivers are saying about that run, just not the ones that turn it!!:duh: I have also heard some talk about the run time to Meridian, MS. from your place?!? DS.
the3 times for 457 from 411 are no problem.306 miles each way.11 hrs is sufficient.

Rumor at 120 is there is no change planned right now. They have to fix the bugs in the first one. Anybody hear different?

screwy louiey said:
heard they will be arranging some met & turns to come back on certain runs
would make sense, since we already do meets with the oh terminals,no bids though.
Also still do some 671 swaps.

Docksteward said:
Yea........the train will get there, when it gets there!! Just don't try waiting on it. I haven't heard from Tom L, I will find out. I imagine those guys are missing him right about now. I guess your yard will overflow into the street.:duh: .....again!! When will they figure it out? So the engineers say you guys have plenty room? I wouldn't have expected anything less!! They designed the current lay out on our dock too..........what a screw up!!:chairshot: DS.

We're swamped here,and we can't even get on the yard until someone leaves. Its like we're on a holding pattern waiting to land.

I got to retrack and take back what i said about those engineers. They gave us the support we needed and came thru for us in their planning
this beer is for you"Mr. hard workworking smart man" :beerchug:

Hey Lou........It's good to hear from a terminal that is doing good. We're just putting along at 671. I loaded a couple of 657 trailers today. One pup with a 50% head load and started a van and filled it 50% in no time. Some "new" freight and still some of the same. We don't get as much military freight as we once did. But, it could be loaded direct. I'm still looking into your "new" tractors. Give me a couple of days. I hope you get them. DS.

I noticed some new accounts showing up on a regular basis. Freight has been pretty steady inbound wise, outbound has been slamming as you'll be seeing some off this freight coming across your dock.

Had so much outbound sitting we had to put some of it on the rail here or down to greensboro to give us room as we'll get our spike of freight running to us from the weekend and the end of the month coming this friday.:eek: 6 & 7 punches for the month .

Wifey thinks I am fooling around cause I'm working many hours as I still didn't have a chance to pick up the Mothers Day gift:duh: :biglaugh:

screwy louiey said:
I noticed some new accounts showing up on a regular basis. Freight has been pretty steady inbound wise, outbound has been slamming as you'll be seeing some off this freight coming across your dock.

Had so much outbound sitting we had to put some of it on the rail here or down to greensboro to give us room as we'll get our spike of freight running to us from the weekend and the end of the month coming this friday.:eek: 6 & 7 punches for the month .

Wifey thinks I am fooling around cause I'm working many hours as I still didn't have a chance to pick up the Mothers Day gift:duh: :biglaugh:
6 and 7 punches will be gift enough.

serta said:
6 and 7 punches will be gift enough.
Yep......just wait a couple of weeks when that big check goes into the bank, Happy Mothers Day....all over again. Take her out for some good old VA crab cakes!! DS.

Fathers Day

Docksteward said:
Yep......just wait a couple of weeks when that big check goes into the bank, Happy Mothers Day....all over again. Take her out for some good old VA crab cakes!! DS.

You got that right brother:1036316054: Crab cakes & a big ole "Kool Aid" smile. I do recall Fathers Day is coming in a couple of weeks also. I should get something different this year besides the usual socks, underwear & work gloves.:biglaugh:

screwy louiey said:
You got that right brother:1036316054: Crab cakes & a big ole "Kool Aid" smile. I do recall Fathers Day is coming in a couple of weeks also. I should get something different this year besides the usual socks, underwear & work gloves.:biglaugh:

Where's my crabcakes?????????????

Heck D.S.

Screwy owes me from 2 years ago. I'm still waiting. I think maybe I'll have to bust his father's chops a little once I get back to work.

Docksteward said:
I remember that thread there, Animo. He does owe you!! Hold him to it!! DS.

Hey DS I still owe it Animo, but the problem is those New Yarkers don't think anything exist outside the city and if they do leave for a few days they hurry back thinking NYC won't be there when they get back.:biglaugh:

Animo if you see my father ask him what is his #1 reason riding down to VA & it is not to visit me :nutkick: :biglaugh:

You need to have it made fresh , not none of that frozen stuff make.

Anyone hear about a meeting with the company about next change within the next couple weeks,do to the speed limit changes in Tenn.?

Gopher it is obvious that some are doing what they have to do as others are doing what they want to do, if you know what I mean. The fact remains is that there are some things need to be changed as somethings are not working as good as it was thought to be.