Yellow | The Change

When you say that YRC would have been in the red if they had two more employees you've neglected to account for the potential additional revenue brought in by those two employees. Not a rigorous analysis in my opinion.

It all depends on what those employees did. If they were just dockworkers, I'm pretty sure volume would have remained stagnant regardless of the increased manpower. So rigorous analysis or not, the point remains.

Okay, if we're talking the amount of profit that an employee produces, then we can just make this apples-to-apples comparison:

As of 2011, YRC had 32,000 employees.

Assuming that number is still accurate, they produced $100,000 of net profit last quarter.

Running the business as it currently operates, all you guys would have to do is increase the company by an order of 10, and have 320,000 employees to make $1 million last quarter.

That's not bad at all.

Maybe? But what is the progression now? A year? You guys are already the cheapest labor force in LTL. If they need that savings to show a profit, that's beyond pathetic.

And I'm sorry. I don't mean to be an :censored: on your board. I'm a former Yellow employee, and I wish nothing but the best for you guys. But it is what it is at this point.
I recently looked up the quarterly net profit for YRC. This past quarter, you guys profited $100,000 net.

That means if you had just two more employees, you would have been in the red.

Meanwhile, you are being paid 85% of your wages, and 25% of your pension.

It doesn't look good.
Just so I show I'm not talking out my ass here:

https://ycharts.com/companies/YRCW/net_income_ttm

We are the epitome of the Phoenix.
I stopped worrying about why this has occurred, long ago.
There is no progression.

“Cheapest Labor Force,” not when medical benefits are considered in relation to out of pocket costs and minimal stress associated with fear of lack of coverage.

Your proposal that two more employees might have put us in the red is a statistic of narrow mind.

Luckily I am being paid 25% of my pension contribution, only because I am in WCTPT. There are so many others that sadly, are not receiving their hard earned 25% pension contribution, but instead are forced to donate those funds to a black hole of pension funds, from which they may never receive just compensation.

So glad you got out and moved on.

Pouring salt on a gaping wound is unbecoming of a teamster, former or present.

This is part of why I was reluctant to come out about working for Brown. It has changed everyone's perception of my tone.

Look. We're all Teamsters. I'm not berating you guys, I'm beratng the company that you work for. I want you guys to be whole again. How many thousands of dollars are each of you going to have to give back before the company is solid? And if the answer is that YRC is never going to be solid, then unfortunately it's time for a little tough love.

You guys are my Teamster brothers and sisters. You shouldn't have to go through this to keep a company that overstepped its bounds 10 years ago afloat. You shouldn't have to pay the price for Bill Zollars' ambition.

I just want everyone to be prepared and perfectly realistic about YRC's prospects of ever succeeding at this ongoing comeback process. If the company's officers have taken any kind of increase in pay in the last 8 years, then you can pretty much count on staying exactly where you are from here on out.

If that's acceptable, then okay. But I want better for you.

This is part of why I was reluctant to come out about working for Brown. It has changed everyone's perception of my tone.

Look. We're all Teamsters. I'm not berating you guys, I'm beratng the company that you work for. I want you guys to be whole again. How many thousands of dollars are each of you going to have to give back before the company is solid? And if the answer is that YRC is never going to be solid, then unfortunately it's time for a little tough love.

You guys are my Teamster brothers and sisters. You shouldn't have to go through this to keep a company that overstepped its bounds 10 years ago afloat. You shouldn't have to pay the price for Bill Zollars' ambition.

I just want everyone to be prepared and perfectly realistic about YRC's prospects of ever succeeding at this ongoing comeback process. If the company's officers have taken any kind of increase in pay in the last 8 years, then you can pretty much count on staying exactly where you are from here on out.

If that's acceptable, then okay. But I want better for you.

So, there would be no animosity, whatsoever, should you find all of us dovetailing into your organization, should that come to pass?

You'd more realistically dovetail into ups freight, but hey. The more the merrier.
Do you think there are any of us left at YRC, not fully cognizant of the bed in which we lay?

Btw, are you aware, that without your divisions earnings, UPS Freight numbers might not be what they are?

Not that I believe Amazon would buy us under present circumstances; they may be interested in scooping up what remains.

Should that occur, the dominos may fall.

we apply outdated tech. we adopt any tech and method after competitors have given up on them, we hire experts who have never spent an hour doing the job. we move work to a more productive location, then impose the methods that the less productive location is forced to use. we drive junk, load junk, load it with junk, in a leaky facility in a degraded state from neglect. if managements job gets done, we did it. we suffer clueless dock supervision and it is going to get worse.

we apply outdated tech. we adopt any tech and method after competitors have given up on them, we hire experts who have never spent an hour doing the job. we move work to a more productive location, then impose the methods that the less productive location is forced to use. we drive junk, load junk, load it with junk, in a leaky facility in a degraded state from neglect. if managements job gets done, we did it. we suffer clueless dock supervision and it is going to get worse.
I think that's the logical outcome of no longer hiring people from within the company. When you look to colleges to produce the transportation supervision of the future, you're really just looking at paper pushers who have never done the job for real. They have no idea what's realistic, and keep pushing their employees to do more with less.

And that criticism goes right up to the top, Judy. Great job hiding all those profits, and buying non-union assets to start whittling down ABF's impact within the company. Pretty soon you'll be able to tell the union employees to work for less or start looking elsewhere.

Hash and rehash.
:17142:
As long as the check cashes I'm going in.
I have no where else to go.
Too old and tired of all this ::shit::.
And I don't care anymore.
If they fail. They fail.
If they succeed. They succeed.
Not much I can do about it but what I'm doing.
Only decisions I make is whether I want to go into work certain days.
The rest is up to them.

Do you think there are any of us left at YRC, not fully cognizant of the bed in which we lay?

Btw, are you aware, that without your divisions earnings, UPS Freight numbers might not be what they are?

Not that I believe Amazon would buy us under present circumstances; they may be interested in scooping up what remains.

Should that occur, the dominos may fall.
El.
I like the sentence of your post.
Pretty well sums it up.
We all know but keep pointing things out.
But we know.

OK. Back to football and the world series!