Yellow | The Change

So yawanna see some violence on the ice? Think of shaving your face. Now think of the Razor named Zamboni.A 1/2 inch thick &, 84 inch long blade is drug across your face taking 1/8th of skin off your face. Followed by the auger that removes that dead skin from that sheet of face. And last but not least we have the 160 degree after shave (water) that floods your face, almost drowning you, then a squeegee sucking device removes most but not all of the aftershave, leaving you with a surface as smooth as a baby's butt. Now it is ready to be carved by a pair of CCM Tacks like a Thanksgiving Day Turkey. Now where did I leave that Stick & Puck? Faceoff anyone? Von.

I have made Ice so many times in different rinks I couldn't pass up the response to show me some violence on Ice.

A former Z Driver as well, may I interject a bit of history for the geeks;

http://jerseysandhockeylove.com/blog/2009/02/14/paramount-iceland-and-the-first-zamboni/

First summer at hockey school in Thunder Bay, witnessed their open top conveyor system unit in action.

Rink Rats Rock, there is nothing like jumping on a fresh sheet and skating or playing with no one else around.

I use to go to Red Wing games at Olympia Stadium on cheap beer night. Me and my girlfriend. Neither one of us knew a thing about hockey. It's just a fun game to watch.
GR Griffins. Dollar dogs & suds. There was life before Linehaul.

A former Z Driver as well, may I interject a bit of history for the geeks;

http://jerseysandhockeylove.com/blog/2009/02/14/paramount-iceland-and-the-first-zamboni/

First summer at hockey school in Thunder Bay, witnessed their open top conveyor system unit in action.

Rink Rats Rock, there is nothing like jumping on a fresh sheet and skating or playing with no one else around.

Ever turn the wheel to lower the blade & go out & shave the corners because of the excess water from slowing down to make your turn? It was not uncommon to have the corners a 1/2 inch higher or more than center ice. Didn't take long to have a build up. I know the hockey players would bitch sometimes if you hadn't used the edger for a while. It really could effect the play if you didn't edge on a frequent basis. The figure skaters could care less. They did't like the hard ice. They liked the softer ice much better. Ever had to paint the ice for hockey when starting the ice? Or, shaving it with the Zamboni until ya got to the paint, re-paint it then flood the sheet about a 1/2 inch @ a time. It really is an art to working a rink. von.