Yellow | The Change

Every time I run down I81 through Carlisle I look over at the huge terminal alongside the road that used to have a big Consolidated Freightways sign on it and used to employ hundreds of Teamsters. Now when I pass it says Old Dominion and it employs hundreds of non-union workers.
Wasn't the FedEx Freight terminal in Hagerstown CF as well?

Every time I run down I81 through Carlisle I look over at the huge terminal alongside the road that used to have a big Consolidated Freightways sign on it and used to employ hundreds of Teamsters. Now when I pass it says Old Dominion and it employs hundreds of non-union workers.
The LTL industry has changed dramatically in the last 20 years,though many will not accept,nor change themselves.

That. Is so true.
And that's the basic problem.
Only change is we have fewer employees.
More managers.
Fewer employees? Yes.
More managers? I don't think so.
Management,content with procedures from past 30 years? Yes.
Top management lacking ability to hire quality operations people with the knowledge needed to achieve better profitability? Yes.
Management,and labor working together to make this a place where people,want,to work? No.

We tried (employees) in regards to your last sentence.
But when you are ignored so many times you give up.
I've seen alot if good men just give up.

Your right on the management thing. It just seems like there is too much.

Fewer employees? Yes.
More managers? I don't think so.
Management,content with procedures from past 30 years? Yes.
Top management lacking ability to hire quality operations people with the knowledge needed to achieve better profitability? Yes.
Management,and labor working together to make this a place where people,want,to work? No.
Agreed... We were sued for bringing on the XPO guys (Richardson and Lorensen) and what have they done? Chet was bringing optimization to linehaul and it's literally worse than when he was hired. Lorensen needs to give it up and quit wearing those medium shirts......that's a junior high brain trying to show off biceps that died 10 years ago. Lucky for Paul he has his XPO buddy DHawkins taking care of him.

Agreed... We were sued for bringing on the XPO guys (Richardson and Lorensen) and what have they done? Chet was bringing optimization to linehaul and it's literally worse than when he was hired. Lorensen needs to give it up and quit wearing those medium shirts......that's a junior high brain trying to show off biceps that died 10 years ago. Lucky for Paul he has his XPO buddy DHawkins taking care of him.

It’s making a better mousetrap. Smoke and mirrors, the next best fandango.

Quit overthinking and just move the freight as quickly and claim free as possible!

Why is it such a difficult concept? :regretful:

Show me a Rhodes Scholar in freight.

I forgot all about that but then I'm an old dude? And I haven't run that way in a long time

it's been a long time since I had that thought and that vision. But then I'm an old dude and don't run that way anymore.

It's been a long time since I've had that thought and that vision seeing those cornflake trucks. but then again I'm an old dude and don't run that way anymore.

I change my t-shirt and underwear daily!
I accept all discarded change, even pennies.

Inside out on alternate days, saves on laundry, saves wear and tear on garments.
With those savings, no need to pinch pennies.

Is that the old Mason-Dixon terminal? Speaking of "handshaker", would their logo be offensive today?

mason_dixon_mack.jpg

232384265271_1.jpg

Is that the old Mason-Dixon terminal? Speaking of "handshaker", would their logo be offensive today?

mason_dixon_mack.jpg

232384265271_1.jpg
I can remember driving that model of a Mack tractor at Roadway when I started as a casual in 1981. The right hand mirror way the heck out there.