The cold hard facts $$$$&

Ask yourself this, when will I as an employee of nct be given a raise ? When nct reaches 500 million in gross annual sales. How far off you think we are. Then you'll know the answer.

So your going to sit there and lie about the state of the IBT pension fund that is slowly going bankrupt and the Central States which is all but bankrupt and your all praying for an influx of fresh cash from new customers to cover the debt of the IBT bad management and corruption of the pension fund ? Is 107 a union separate from the international no. The IBT is a business just like 107 is and if YRC goes and it will, you will need to recover a TON of cash just for the failing pension fund. I still wonder where did all that pension money go ? Must have been some party but they forgot to invite the little guy !

Jeffries Group, Teamsters 107, YRC, ABF, Negotiations, "us against them", Pro union, anti-union, Jeeeeeeez....Can someone answer one little question for me? If there are so many drivers who are unhappy why do you still work here? Disappointed that there is no raise? Everyone is.no matter where you work at NCT. We all see other carriers at our regular stops. Ask them what they make...maybe they will share that with you.
I'm worried that if the vote is yes the jobs that we know will radically change. I can't identify the drivers that post on here but are you really willing to give up the run you have? are there any senior drivers here who don't go where they like? You already have seniority based on the time and sweat you put in. Do you really think the status quo will remain the same? Some seek the "protection" of the union but ask yourself this...and do it honestly....when was the last time a local driver was fired? I'm not talking about safety issues. This vote will change our work life forever. I suppose some will say the risk is worth it. I'm not sure I agree.

Oldguy you seem genuinely concerned. As do I but how many steps backwards do we have to go before management allows us to take a step forward? ?? All take and no give is why we as employees feel the need for change. Sir.

I admit I don't have an answer as to when enough is enough. I do believe that we won't get what we think we can get and that the risk is huge.
66.00 dues amounts to about thirty cents LESS an hour so right off the bat you need to make thirty cents more an hour to cover that. Add in all the other "negotiable s" and I don't see some giant hourly pay raise coming down the pike. What about the initiation fee I hear about? I still believe that the negotiations will not start at what we make now.

I don't think it's " us against them", the issues at hand are 1. lack of pay raises in almost 7 years, 2. increased out of pocket health care premiums,and 3. overtime pay. If you take a close look at the revenues generated at New Century, they are one of the highest rates in the industry. Rightfully so because they provide services to customers that all if not most carriers cannot. Their overhead costs are significantly lower than most because of what they don't pay the employee but charge the customer like overnight service, guarantees, appointed freight, all of which comes with a premium charge.Jeffries Group is solely in the business of making money. Their track record is always consistent with throwing good money towards investments that will roll their money into substantial profits for their investors. Hiding behind the " private company " curtain brings suspicion to what their actual numbers are. If they're is real truth about them not making money with New Century why aren't they disclosing that information to the employees? The money is there, and as long as the employees stand stagnant they have no reason to give them a penny. I think 7 years of increased cost of living for personal expenses justifies a lift in your salary. If the issue is worrying where you run and what time you start,ask yourself this, does it really matter where you go, knowing you're getting paid your net worth each and every day? When I first started in the craft 38 years ago, I went where they sent me, usually some place different each day. Based on my seniority as the years went by I was able to cover any area within the realm of the company. The knowledge I gained was insurmountable.Change is good, though most of us cannot accept it.It's not about where or what you do, rather it's whether or not you feel comfortable with the compensation given to you for you devoted efforts

Well oldguy if we get nothing in a hourly increase we will see a takehome increase of at least 80 $ per week just by having medical paid for by nct not employees. That results In A 1.60 $ per hour based on 50 hours a week . Sir

fatman your are correct. Factor in overtime after 8 hours and you will benefit even more. If you have time look back at my previous post regarding the actual breakdown verses what you are receiving currently. I believe I based the figures on a 60-65 hour work week. The net increase in your pocket based on your current hourly wage would put approximately $17,000 back in your pocket, that figure was with the yearly deduction of your monthly dues. Another point, if you sign the card prior to the vote they will waive the $300 initiation fee for you.

werble, not sure if that assumption is correct. If they get a yes vote, most definately but a no vote would leave all of you at their mercy. They may decide to change your hourly rate to your disadvantage and raise your healthcare costs if they deem necessary. I'm not saying that's going to happen but the option is there. At least with representation, the union will negotiate a fair and reasonable contract for you. Remember, you as a member will have the final say about it with an overall vote of the proposal. If it's not what you like, the union will re-negotiate until it satifies your needs, not the company's.

great sales pitch but im not buying in, there are too many what ifs for a union, i know i have a job, im secure, im responsible

i dont need the intermediary

union folks are nice people, very passionate about their cause

a bit overzealous here tho, dont be an obama and promise what you can deliver for sure

I'm pretty sure the Pension Plan is protected and insured by the government, resulting from years ago with the total mismanagement of funds. The basic problem is New Century has not made any concerted effort to give back to the employees that make the money for them. This has been a staple of their operations for the past 7 years. They build on their revenues by increasing their rates but still decrease the benefits to the employees.The question remains are the employees required to put up with their constant negative stance regarding not showing a profit. Nobody throws good money after bad money, especially Jeffries. They are in the business of making money, not losing money. If that was the case, Jeffries would have bailed out years ago,especially with the economy the way it is. They seem to find money to invest in equipment and expanding their brokerage division ( Northwinds ), but refuse to invest in the people that work the hardest. Worse case scenario, they go out of business, but the freight does not disappear. It has to go somewhere. I would guess the wide customer base is relying and pressuring New Century to come to an agreement with the union to keep their freight moving through a system that charges a premium price, which few if any cannot provide. A yes vote will insure your future with a wage consistent to the companies profits, no out of pocket healthcare costs which will provide better coverage and minimum fees for doctors,well care and the like and a future pension guaranteed for your hard work.

werble I can understand how you feel, but the what ifs are just that. With the union representing you the what ifs will change to will be's. New Century will take those what ifs and take more from you with no recourse from you the employee. Your future in the industry is on the line. They, ( New Century ) are in the drivers seat and has been for the past 7 years. Don't you think it's about time you take the wheel?

werble, the only thing the union CAN PROMISE is to negotiate a contract that IS BETTER than what you have. When I say contract I mean better wages,health and welfare. The company has given you nothing so far, heck they haven't even offered anything to any of you if you don't vote the union in. What does that tell you? It tells me they are willing to be FORCED to spend some of their hidden profits on you...finally. They have the money because if they didn't the process would have already started with notifying the customers to find another carrier. Fact in point, I say hidden profits because of the private company clause, but all that will become public because to justify to the Teamsters when they negotiate, they MUST show just cause, legally, whether privately owned or not.

Once again…another NCT Lie! NCT management has been having anti union meetings
and as usual, they are not being honest with our families. NCT Management just
had multiple meetings with us and they said that the issues at YRC were due to
the Teamsters. Wow! very interesting…especially since the video that YRC’s
executive has posted stated the exact opposite. In fact, he said that is was due
to the previous management that caused YRC’s financial issues. Yes, Corporate
Greed…not the Teamsters! He said if it wasn’t for the employees, YRC would not
be here today! Wow…how did NCT get this all twisted up? Do they really have the
interests of our families, or will they continue to lie to us to pad their
pockets?

As we all know, we will be casting our votes on December 10th. The “YES” vote on
this day will put a halt to the lies and disrespect that NCT continues to give
to our families. CEO James Welch On the Need for Refinancing on Vimeo Please watch the video:

since when was NCT a direct employee, Jefferies capital wouldnt be handing out bonuses to a company thatisnt making them money, where do u think the divide is coming from NCT says they are not making much profit, but the Union is trying to sniff out the financials they dont have access to...

Who is putting words in who's mouth?

fatman you are supposing alot based on some vague stuff buddy

ooops , so NCTY already had a third party pulling the strings--jeffries... and they dont want a 4th party( union) to even things out..the truth has been spoken

After reading the YRC thread I have to tell you I am voting NO and telling every NCT driver to do the same. I dont want to fund a pension that I will never get to enjoy. I will stick with my 401 k and ira's. Because when those poor YRC drivers shut the doors that pension $$ will vanish and they will be looking for fresh $$ or members to fill the cash VOID & that my friend is the COLD HARD TRUTH. Its my money,,,,, not some teamsters who has already retired 10 years ago.

great sales pitch but im not buying in, there are too many what ifs for a union, i know i have a job, im secure, im responsible

i dont need the intermediary

union folks are nice people, very passionate about their cause

a bit overzealous here tho, dont be an obama and promise what you can deliver for sure

Smart man and just to let you know the person who is giving you the HARD SELL on the union, Teamsterforever is an EX employee of NCT he doesn't even work here he has no dog in this fight nothing nada so please consider the source and VOTE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to funding a pension that is thisclose to being bankrupt !

Well I haven't been hardsold . Nct s not going anywhere with or without the union. ok you keep saying union bad #1,#2,#3 good. Well I've been to the propaganda meetings they have held and not 1 of these 3have said anything but cold hard LIES. and narrowmindedness will never get you anywhere. They are feeding you rockymountain oysters and telling you its filet minoign. When your fighting to keep medical expenses and food on table you'll come crawling to the light. Sir