ABF | The contract is ratified as of November 3

Whether we like it or not here it comes. The good news is ABF now has more flexibility in how they operate the company. Management will now be able to make more mistakes when they decided to do things like purchase Panther or start other projects that require funding. They will not have to borrow capital in order to diversify ABC into other areas.

On the other hand the employees are the ones funding these projects with our wage cuts. Also, I seem to recall another company that did this in the past. That company was CF when they started ConWay.

Rollin, are you saying I’m jaded? It is something to consider.
Homesick, if you keep feeding these guys all this bad energy, your gonna start causing drivers to commit ******* or beat their wives. Give it a rest. We've been Through enough for now. Do you think?

Well, this spring we will know if the company is going to supplement with contractors or begin trying to replace their Teamster workforce....Rolly this is not a good contract, but I gave ABF the benefit of the doubt....if they abuse these concessions....I will not be so gracious in the next round....and if it becomes a place like YRC...I'll be movin' on....life's too short. I enjoy truckn', but it's not all I know how to do.

Well, this spring we will know if the company is going to supplement with contractors or begin trying to replace their Teamster workforce....Rolly this is not a good contract, but I gave ABF the benefit of the doubt....if they abuse these concessions....I will not be so gracious in the next round....and if it becomes a place like YRC...I'll be movin' on....life's too short. I enjoy truckn', but it's not all I know how to do.
We did our part, now lets see what they can do to grow this carrier .

In all reality, a good contract will never exist in the future as long as their no organizing going on. And I don't see that happening. Adjust and get used to it or go exercise a new trade

In all reality, a good contract will never exist in the future as long as their no organizing going on. And I don't see that happening. Adjust and get used to it or go exercise a new trade

If I leave, I think I'll go try and organize Conway....since you had no luck :-)

I don't see ABF expanding their Union operations very much. The higher revenue, non-asset based operations will be their focus. It's all about a dollar....more beg backs in the future for the overpaid Teamsters....but, now you are one Rolly....But, we can always be optimistic that our sacrifice will be rewarded....my experience has proven that no good deed goes unpunished when the Union gives back something

Well, there is no incentive to hire anymore, is there? Any daily local cartage overflow can be contracted out under the provisions of Art. 39,....as long as all employees on the seniority list are "promised" work. YRC in Pittsburgh is giving away 250 bills a week,...their workforce is working the maximum amount of hours,....and they have a canvas sign on a trailer down a dead-end street, saying that they are "hiring",.....yet they just turned away 2 guys,....weren't qualified, apparently,.......who just went over to FedEx and got hired. Curious......Hey, Rollin62,....when you got your tour of ABC headquarters in Fort Smith, did they install the chip in your head,....or do you have no memory of the event?

Well, there is no incentive to hire anymore, is there? Any daily local cartage overflow can be contracted out under the provisions of Art. 39,....as long as all employees on the seniority list are "promised" work. YRC in Pittsburgh is giving away 250 bills a week,...their workforce is working the maximum amount of hours,....and they have a canvas sign on a trailer down a dead-end street, saying that they are "hiring",.....yet they just turned away 2 guys,....weren't qualified, apparently,.......who just went over to FedEx and got hired. Curious......Hey, Rollin62,....when you got your tour of ABC headquarters in Fort Smith, did they install the chip in your head,....or do you have no memory of the event?
they tattooed a barcode on my wrist. I take my PDA and scan it all the time when I'm ready to get my trip.

So what's top rate at ABF once this all goes into affect? How long to get 1 week of vacation and how long until 2 weeks?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top out in 1 year. 23 and some change. 1 year 1 week 8 years 2 weeks

You are wrong rollin62!! 2 years and then your week, or I guess shorter with the 60% rule! But with all your smart remarks I wonder how you feel working for a company who needs our 50-60 million to survive annually, they are going to monitor you and fire you on the smallest slip-up and give away your work... you sure are tooting their horn pretty big and most of us give you your platform, but in the end, we are all employed, work under the same deal and rules and get the same deductions, and work under same rules that will get us fired. Seems you talk like you are untouchable and above the negative parts that some guys see just because you agree with this contract, I can guarantee you will not be protected just as a No voter will not be.. just remember that, although you say you do your job well, show up on time, run hard, etc.. there is that one time a mistake is made and you turn human and they will pounce because it will "lower costs"!!! Then remember those of us who tried to vote this down and you bashed!

You are wrong rollin62!! 2 years and then your week, or I guess shorter with the 60% rule! But with all your smart remarks I wonder how you feel working for a company who needs our 50-60 million to survive annually, they are going to monitor you and fire you on the smallest slip-up and give away your work... you sure are tooting their horn pretty big and most of us give you your platform, but in the end, we are all employed, work under the same deal and rules and get the same deductions, and work under same rules that will get us fired. Seems you talk like you are untouchable and above the negative parts that some guys see just because you agree with this contract, I can guarantee you will not be protected just as a No voter will not be.. just remember that, although you say you do your job well, show up on time, run hard, etc.. there is that one time a mistake is made and you turn human and they will pounce because it will "lower costs"!!! Then remember those of us who tried to vote this down and you bashed!
Ignore him,he's not worth it....anyone who has pix inside the fort is no driver.... That's where all new supervision gets sent when they get hired......

Don't bother me any. Looks like your the one nervous. Quit if u wish

I am not nervous, don't need to quit, been around long enough to know the ins and outs of union LTL and to respect the company and also how to do a good job and more importantly know I work for ABF and not the Union!!! I believe in collective bargaining and a good fair deal for workers.. I believe ultimately you will need the system and will understand and regret your words on here, many do!! If not, when you are fired good luck to you not seeking union help.

So what's top rate at ABF once this all goes into affect? How long to get 1 week of vacation and how long until 2 weeks?
Top rate here will be $22.76 after the cut. The 2 years for 1 week and 8 years for 2 weeks as corrected above are right. Then it's 15 years for 3 weeks. But remember, being on the bottom it's a minimum of 2 years, probably 2 1/4 or more as you'll have to wait 'til fall or winter to get your week.
So...either Rollin's buddy lied to him or he does not work at ABF.