ABF | The contract is ratified as of November 3

Gentlemen,....I spent most of this morning re-reading our new contract,....there will be a number of things that slip under our collective radar,....and one of them we were taking for granted is that the pay period will be the same term as the contract. It is not, anymore. July 1st, 2014 is the day we receive our 2% pay "raise",...and all subsequent July 1st's afterward. Vacation anniversaries still remain June 1st. Pension/ Health and Welfare contributions remain August 1st. of each year. The term of this contract is April 1st, 2013 until March 31st, 2018. We have to wait 9 months before they deign to dribble back our 2%,.....If we would've ratified this contract on April 1st, we would've waited 15 months before our first pay "raise". Brother Capnkirk, there is no retroactivity for pay. -7% starts today. Pension/ H&W payments are retroactive to August 1st, 2013.

Sorry Canary, but you may have to put on some more abase; just a little. Our next raise is in 8 months not 9. Our 2% raise occurs on July 1, 2014, which is 8 months from now. November and December of this year and January thr June of next year (6 months). Sorry brother (and I mean that in the warmest way) but I need my 2% back as soon as possible. LOL.

Lets just put the money game to bed and just give the award to ups package. They make the most they get a full pension and they get (i do believe) topped out with 7 weeks vacation. Low 70's cpm

In Ltl? Who? And one more question, if yrc goes out, will this hurt or help us? Seems like they were the excuse for the 7%

How did YRC go from a company that was willing to, and had the ability to, buy ABF to a company that is going out of business? What happened in the last several months to put YRC on the fast track to “see ya?”

Damn, I want to transfer to your terminal. Here in the Carolina supplement we get 40 hrs sick/personal time.
I'm gonna bet that you get some other day that I don't. Which one is it, Columbus day, Veteran's day, President's day, your birthday?
Wait a minute, there has to be more than just that. You only get five days??? Something's wrong here.

I'm gonna bet that you get some other day that I don't. Which one is it, Columbus day, Veteran's day, President's day, your birthday?
Wait a minute, there has to be more than just that. You only get five days??? Something's wrong here.

We get birthday, anniversary of hire. Other than that, just normal holidays.

We don't get either of those unless we take personals for them. I bet there are two others that you get that add up to what we get. We still get Good Friday and I know of areas that gave that one up, they get their birthday instead.

We get one floating personal day, Birthday, 5 sick days, holidays are new years day, memorial day, 4th of july, labor day, thanksgiving and day after Thanksgiving, Christmas eve and Christmas.

I don't know where you're working but I get 5 sick days and 4 personal days.

Sorry ABFer, I thought the holidays were covered under the Master and the sick/personal under the supplements. My mistake. Anyway, in the Southern Supplement (road) we get 10 holidays and 5 sick/personal. The only problem is we can’t use our holidays (except Thanksgiving and Christmas) for time off. They are for pay only. If you are scheduled to work on a holiday, you work or get a registered letter in the mail. And brother, ABF sends those registered letters out like they are unsolicited credit card offers.

I knew they were different days everywhere but I thought that we all got the same number of them. And you must be a road driver to not get the day off, the rest of the company closes when our customers are closed and sometimes that means the 3rd of July, 5th of July etc. We wouldn't be closed down but could cut to skeleton crew.
Boilerpeddle, I'm sure you forgot New Year's Day and you get nothing at Easter? We still get Good Friday. Over the years we traded off President's Day, Columbus Day and maybe Veteran's Day for things like one more personal day, day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve.

I am a road driver. I’m in the same local as Kennesaw Kid (728) and I plan to be at the union meeting this weekend to support my YRC brothers.

I knew they were different days everywhere but I thought that we all got the same number of them. And you must be a road driver to not get the day off, the rest of the company closes when our customers are closed and sometimes that means the 3rd of July, 5th of July etc. We wouldn't be closed down but could cut to skeleton crew.
Boilerpeddle, I'm sure you forgot New Year's Day and you get nothing at Easter? We still get Good Friday. Over the years we traded off President's Day, Columbus Day and maybe Veteran's Day for things like one more personal day, day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve.
I put new years day in there, and no we don't get anything for Easter/good Friday. Except if a poll of customers reveals a lack of work we will be on a skeleton crew or shut down. Except for the skeleton crew is me and I don't look much like a skeleton. Then we can choose to be paid a sick or personal day or a vacation day. Or take it non paid.

I put new years day in there, and no we don't get anything for Easter/good Friday. Except if a poll of customers reveals a lack of work we will be on a skeleton crew or shut down. Except for the skeleton crew is me and I don't look much like a skeleton. Then we can choose to be paid a sick or personal day or a vacation day. Or take it non paid.
Now I see new years day there, how did I miss that one?? :duh: I am still puzzled about the difference in the number of days between supplements. I know that the company wanted the new contract to unify the holidays across the country. I'd bet that they wanted to reduce them to the minimum from each.

Now I see new years day there, how did I miss that one?? :duh: I am still puzzled about the difference in the number of days between supplements. I know that the company wanted the new contract to unify the holidays across the country. I'd bet that they wanted to reduce them to the minimum from each.
I know it. There seems to be big differences in paid days. I sure would like to have some more personal days now that I only have one week of vaca for the next 5 years.
Might be pushing the attendance policy to go see my daughters events. But now I am 7 percent less worried about it.

ABFer, How many total paid off days do you get in your contract? Ours (southern supplement road) is 15. 10 paid holidays and 5 sick/personal. No other paid days we do not have to work.

ABFer, How many total paid off days do you get in your contract? Ours (southern supplement road) is 15. 10 paid holidays and 5 sick/personal. No other paid days we do not have to work.
Now I have to think it through. We are paid for New Year's day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and day after, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. That's nine if I didn't forget any. And we get 4 personal days, which require two days (I think) notice and 5 sick days, which require no notice anymore (they used to require 3 days notice :shrug:)