ABF | The Contract

vongrimmenstein

I stand for our flag, & kneel for the fallen
Credits
1. The rank & file keep voting No each time & the Central States Local Cartage Supplement & the Western Office is turned down, and we keep getting 30 day extensions. Is there a clause in the IBT Constitution that allows the executive committee to by-pass the rank & file vote & enforce the Master Contract that was passed?

2. Can any party at any time issue a statement of bad faith negotiating over the Supplements and force a lockout or strike vote?

3. Thanks. von

Brother Von...1. No,...Collective bargaining must follow NLRB standards. Trying to jam a contract....."for the good of the members"....should bring about an injunction in court. YRC in Chicago should've done that,....but their Teamster "leadership" couldn't/wouldn't/didn't.....and the membership accepted that. 2. Yes,....kind of. An "impasse" must be declared,....and at that point, either a lockout, or strike,....or ongoing day-by-day negotiations will continue, but either side, at that time can file charges with the NLRB on "Bargaining in bad faith". As long as the negotiation process is going on, well,....that's how long it should take. Caterpillar and Supervalu both had contracts go 2 or more years on extensions. 3. You're welcome, Brother!

As far as our Constitution goes you can wipe your ass with that, there is no way to enforce what the IBT does and if they want to they can just tell us it's a done deal and my money says that the NLRB would do nothing. Whether or not the company could lock us out is a good question, damn good one at that but I don't see them doing that. However, there could be a point where they put their foot down and just do something.

Thanks to Canary & ABFer.

I did a little math. 24.51 - 7% = 1.72 per hour. * 40. hours = 68.80 per week loss in wages * 7,000 hourly employees = 481,600.00 per week that ABF is loosing & the rank & file gets to keep. A BIG BIG thanks to all the no voters in the Central States Local Cartage Supplement & the Western Office Supplement. Kind of gives new meaning & hope to the word Solidarity. Keep on Trucking. von

Thanks to Canary & ABFer.

I did a little math. 24.51 - 7% = 1.72 per hour. * 40. hours = 68.80 per week loss in wages * 7,000 hourly employees = 481,600.00 per week that ABF is loosing & the rank & file gets to keep. A BIG BIG thanks to all the no voters in the Central States Local Cartage Supplement & the Western Office Supplement. Kind of gives new meaning & hope to the word Solidarity. Keep on Trucking. von

DRIVER,
It makes me shiver with joy that there is still some TEAMSTER'S out there with some BALL'S.
A teamster forever.

As far as our Constitution goes you can wipe your ass with that, there is no way to enforce what the IBT does and if they want to they can just tell us it's a done deal and my money says that the NLRB would do nothing. Whether or not the company could lock us out is a good question, damn good one at that but I don't see them doing that. However, there could be a point where they put their foot down and just do something.

Lock us out ? but we are doing good now ,right ? i've gotten no mail saying how bad it is now that the contract was passed. I think most if not all of the junior members that were on the boards before the contract vote are gone now, so everything is good right? those pesky supplements will be taken care of. lol

Lock us out ? but we are doing good now ,right ? i've gotten no mail saying how bad it is now that the contract was passed. I think most if not all of the junior members that were on the boards before the contract vote are gone now, so everything is good right? those pesky supplements will be taken care of. lol
It's sooooo good now that we have dead weight worthless middle management cruising the regions sucking up a free paycheck. Upper management needs to surveil their middle managers a little. No contract language necessary to clean up that dead wood.

At a loss of at least 460,600.00 per week for each week the supplements are not passed, WHY has ABF not made an offer that would stop that half mill a week loss. Makes no sense. Are they so stubborn that they will spend 10 million to save 5 million? 30 day extensions for the next 56 months works for me.

Well the extension is about up and not one word of changes or revote. Probably Judy & Hoffa are planning out an attitude adjustment for the riff raff. If Judy doesn't get this on the books soon the board will be looking to fill her chair with someone who can.

Well the extension is about up and not one word of changes or revote. Probably Judy & Hoffa are planning out an attitude adjustment for the riff raff. If Judy doesn't get this on the books soon the board will be looking to fill her chair with someone who can.
Hope it's a take it or leave it attitude and route around these die hards. We don't have time to play games with these fools in the central . Lets roll

Not trollin. As a due paying member, it's time to move on.
If your so displeased with our Chicago brothers maybe you should take a road trip there & have a informational picket outside each terminal to tell them how you feel about them..... Let know how that works out....

If your so displeased with our Chicago brothers maybe you should take a road trip there & have a informational picket outside each terminal to tell them how you feel about them..... Let know how that works out....
Informational Picket. Good Lord man, you gotta love that line. Does the picket line go up before they remove that yellow stripe running across their chest, or after? von

Stand Strong Central States members, You have more behind you then you think...
Vote NO till they get it right!!!

Hope it's a take it or leave it attitude and route around these die hards. We don't have time to play games with these fools in the central . Lets roll

Spoken like a true fool. You are not a teamster, just a measter. You haven't proved anything, and you sure are not a teamster...

Aren't these so called brothers about me me me?

Not trollin. As a due paying member, it's time to move on.

Have you started paying dues yet? Didn't you just get the job at ABF? Rollin62, you are probably a nice person but when you are new to a job it is a good idea to stay out of the politics of any company until you have been there long enough to KNOW what is going on. How long have you worked for ABF now? How many checks have you received?