ABF | The Contract

If their not agreeing to the contract, I'd say their wanting potatoes with the gravy. This thing would be done if not. Right?

They just simply have a little more leverage in S. Chicago. It will get done, and they will have a better supplement and runaround is too expensive.

Hey rollin, why dont you answer papas question? We are hearing alot come out of your mouth ,but all papa is looking for is a short n sweet answer. Uf u ask me, with your runaround answers, you sound to me like all your info comes out of a nwspaper, or the internet. Why dont you ask around your barn for the answer papa is asking you for. Talk to the abf teamster that have been with the compamny for more then a month , and you will find your answer. The kool aid might taste sweer right now since you have a" month" of service. But i will ask you in a year if the kool aid is still sweet

If your just a newbie, then you should do what most newbies do. Most newbies come in and listen so they can learn. They don't voice an opinion until they learn and know what's going on. If you do work for ABF you have not been here long enough to start the trouble that you are trying to start.

Big Daddy that is exactly how I feel. Thank you!!!!

Rollin62, there is a reason we are born with 2 ears and 1 mouth. But I still respect your opinion.

I don’t understand why we are worried if the central region gets special treatment. In my mind I hope they do. And lots of special treatment. Go brothers and sister in the western and central regions. I hope you get everything you want! Keep in mind my region will get what we voted for regardless of what you get; so get the best and as much as you can. I don’t know what you are asking for but I have never been the type of person who is jealous of the person working next to me. I will eventually have to take a pay cut, but if you can get a pay raise by holding strong, I say congratulations and you have my best wishes and support!

When this is all said and done what other regions receive will have no effect on me, you, or our families; so I say “they should grab as much of the pie as you can get.”

All the other regions agreed for splitting the week vacation. That's fine and dandy, but nooooo, the central region has to drag their knuckles causing our employer to Lose more customers jacking with this region. Sweeton and Tyson , our leaders may I add, advised us this is it. Wtf? A few bad apples always spoil the whole bunch. Damn, we're still the highest paid with bennies in the industry. Mcreynolds is the lowest paid ceo in the industry. Come on man! We're gonna get everything back in 5 years anyway with profit sharing. I worked for the cut throat non union carrier. I know what were up against. We can't compete without change! Plain and simple.
How are you losing customers? There is no work action in these regions. You need to learn how the contract operates with the supplements. There is a very high probability you are working under a supplement yourself.

Until you have been officially brainwashed by the drones! Duh! Lol!
Starting to sound that way Stoney ! Good grief, the teamsters here are a reminder of how conway management talks to the employees. " shut up and don't say a word or your fired" " I'll have a moderator run u off if u don't think like me"
Take this as an accomplishment Rolling62.
Schizophrenics anonymous...Schizo's supporting schizo's.
:grouphug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rollin, I don't believe you know what it means to stand up and fight for something. If you don't believe in the unity of the teamsters, why are you here working for a union company ? Selling your soul for health care coverage and a decent wage ? Those making a stand today are following in the footsteps of those before us. Those old timers fought for the very health care and wages that you will soon be enjoying in your new found employment with Abf. And yet, you, seem to think you have the right to pass judgement on other teamsters. Cool down, ABF is going to get that 7% from you, they haven't forgot about it.

If we don't stand up together, what else will they take after the 7 percent and a weeks vacation. From what I see this is only the beginning. The company loves these newbies with that attitude, that way they can jam everything down their throat and the newbies will accept it.

If we don't stand up together, what else will they take after the 7 percent and a weeks vacation. From what I see this is only the beginning. The company loves these newbies with that attitude, that way they can jam everything down their throat and the newbies will accept it.
Abf didn't jam anything.!they made their case, and we voted! If we voted no, then we would be driving orange, blue, and green units. We made the right desicion.

Abf didn't jam anything.!they made their case, and we voted! If we voted no, then we would be driving orange, blue, and green units. We made the right desicion.
Whos to say we wont be? And who cares!! Just by your answers you can tell your low level management & not even at ABF, still thinking Conway. You argued with everyone on the Conway board to the point they couldent stand you & now all but one on this board don't care for you.... Could anyone else see a pattern here....

After reading this entire thread and reading the article about OD kicking off the LTL price wars again, I'm afraid if we drag this out too long it could have dire consequences for our company. We are not fighting under the same circumstances as our forefathers. When they dug in and held out for what we enjoy today our country was much different. LTL companies trailers were filled to capacity with textiles, furniture and tobacco. There was 100+ teamster outfits, the industry was regulated. Now there's only three of us now, trucking companies are cutting each others throat to fill their trucks. I'm afraid if we don't help the company to better compete in this present LTL environment were in, there could possibly be only two and maybe one teamster LTL trucking company left in the end. Sometimes in a war you have to give back a little ground to stay in the fight to fight another day. I worked at con-job for a short stint back in 09' when the bottom fell out and it looked like I would never come back to YRC and trust me we don't know how good we have it here. This is a good company to work for lets give em a little breathing room or we may lose it all trying to hold on to it all.[/SIZE]

Rollin 62 the NMFA states that you can not be on two senority lists also.
If indeed you are working two jobs, and you drive thru the gate you are subject to hours of service from both employers.
Something to think about... Don't let the wheel squeak to loud

If I were on my probation peroid I would ZIP my lip.
If I were only a casual I would sew my lip shut.
After probation call it as you see it....
Chicago Teamsters have always stood together and many a time held out and we all benefited from them.

Rollin 62 the NMFA states that you can not be on two senority lists also.
If indeed you are working two jobs, and you drive thru the gate you are subject to hours of service from both employers.
Something to think about... Don't let the wheel squeak to loud
Conway is not union, so the article doesn't apply. Dock hours are not driving hours so its not documented under DOT rules. I work at ABF anyway.
Thanks for the heads up

Conway is not union, so the article doesn't apply. Dock hours are not driving hours so its not documented under DOT rules. I work at ABF anyway.
Thanks for the heads up
You better check on that statement. Anything you work no matter where, it is counted against total hours of service for driving purposes.