ABF | The Contract

The boy is trying to get used to the Union way....the rules matter at a Union shop....keeps you out of a lawsuit, or possibly jail

Watch what you say Southern man, , they may think your a manager starting trouble.
Thats a good one !!
Anybody that I did my time with would fall of their seat with that comment.
I represented a brother with this same issue.
He also held a job at a non union company that I was not privy to at the time
He was given a log book and asked to fill it out for the last 7 days.
When he was finished and handed the log back he was terminated for falsification of logs.
My guess one of the flat kneed and brown nose crew snitched on him. They are everywhere you may know the ones that want to move up just one more spot on the list.
He did get his job back but he resigned his non- union job on the spot.
Funny how his other employer threw him under the bus when the interline of freight with them was brought up by the company.

Conway is not union, so the article doesn't apply. Dock hours are not driving hours so its not documented under DOT rules. I work at ABF anyway.
Thanks for the heads up
Again I say if you roll out the gate at any employer your dock hours DO come into play.
Glad you are at ABF !

FMSCA.......395.2, page 586, in my book...."(8)..Performing any other work for a motor carrier. (9)...Performing any compensated work for a person who is not a motor carrier." Also:..."Any time spent waiting for dispatch, including non-compensated time." "Any time repairing, inspecting, servicing, or conditioning a commercial motor vehicle." "Multiple carriers must be logged."....................I think some so-called "ABF......ummm....employees"...should read this section. This isn't some fly-by-night operation, here. We do things the right way,.....ABF management,...for the most part,....doesn't play on drivers' ignorance and foist the liability on a driver operating out of ignorance,....either real or feigned. For those of you that haven't caught on yet........"Rollin62"...or "Instigator"...or whatever else he goes by,....is not an ABF employee. In my opinion, he's not even a driver....he's an anti-Union management "plant"......who likes to go slumming here with us dummies to agitate...........probably enjoys pulling wings off of flies to make them suffer as a hobby. A complete lack of even the most basic Hours of Service laws is a prerequisite for low-level management, like dispatching. Which Conway terminal did you say you dispatched out of, Rollin62?

Well,....He's fooled a few.........taking advantage of the trust of guys on here. We all take each other at face value, here, because it should be unconsionable that someone would be here under false pretenses. Lying to total strangers,....and gaining their trust in what you say,.....shows a complete lack of moral training...........another prerequisite for low-level management........

Casual Help ? Or past your 30 days ? makes a big difference...
All you have to do is do an honest days work. You don't need to kill yourself.
If you get hurt they will kick you to the curb no matter what the bill count.

No, their getting pissed cause I'm making them look bad with my bills per hour.