XPO | the conway WAY!

huey29

TB Lurker
Credits
OK drivers here it is i finally figured out the conway WAY! it took me almost 5 years but i think i got it figured out.
correct me if i am wrong but the conway WAY is ,.... you will be available for work and ready to hit the clock as soon as your ten hour break is up. you will not be allowed to have a family or personal life. your job at conway comes before anything. you will work for an accelerated rate of pay for little or no recognition. you will not be allowed to have an opinion or even voice your opinion. you will be required to stay at fac til all your freight is there regardless of fedral hours of service rules and regulations.you will also work and live with the idea that upper managemnt is thriving on our hard work and will not live with out their six figure income. you will be ready for work on your deathbed.
please remember we at conway want you to have an enjoyable rewarding carreer as one of our employees.

huey29 said:
OK drivers here it is i finally figured out the conway WAY! it took me almost 5 years but i think i got it figured out.
correct me if i am wrong but the conway WAY is ,.... you will be available for work and ready to hit the clock as soon as your ten hour break is up. you will not be allowed to have a family or personal life. your job at conway comes before anything. you will work for an accelerated rate of pay for little or no recognition. you will not be allowed to have an opinion or even voice your opinion. you will be required to stay at fac til all your freight is there regardless of fedral hours of service rules and regulations.you will also work and live with the idea that upper managemnt is thriving on our hard work and will not live with out their six figure income. you will be ready for work on your deathbed.
please remember we at conway want you to have an enjoyable rewarding carreer as one of our employees.

You hit it.

You forgot about a proper post trip inspection and completion of all logs and paperwork after punching out for your allotted 20 minute drop.:Bondage:

the sad thing you cant do nothing about it. we need for mr.m to step down and let somebody else run the company OUT of the ground

How Miller's Con-Way treats our customers

This is Con-way's philosophy towards the customers:

Unless you do over $40,000 in outbound prepaid per month we do not care about you. We will charge you 30% more than every other ltl carrier to haul your freight even though our service is only 10% better. We will not honour any guarantees because out FOS's are trained specifically to screwing the customers over with incorrect statusing of freight. If the customer does put in for an on-time warranty, the online website will crash on them until the warranty is up and it sucks to be you the customer afterwards. All claims will be denied on the first try. Again, unless you ship over $40,000 per month we do not care. We provide no customer service for our class 4-6 terminals. Our only goal is to service the customer's freight - NOT THE CUSTOMER. Again, unless you do over $40,000 per month we just don't care. Our annual increase will be 5.5% -7.5 %each year where the drivers only get a 2.5 % increase. In 10 years, the price of moving ltl with Con-way will increase anywhere from 55-75% while inflation stays at 1% annually. We will rip you off on fuel and claim to have a well maintained fleet of trucks while they are the lowest grade - cheapest running fleet of all the trucking companies. We will not put any new parts into our trucks. We will not honour any claims if the freight gets damaged due to bad maintenance. Our sales force does not sell ltl anymore - we babysit the customers that we currently have because we do not want our A/E's to be embarassed after showing how expensive we are as a company. Our spot quote department does not care about your 5,000 lb pallet so please stay by the fax and move the freight at the price we tell you we can move it for. We appreciate you mailing the check the day after receiving the bill. Your credit will be cut regardless after 45 days of your bills being outstanding. If con-way gives you a rate quote and it happens to change, too bad - pay it! If con-way awards you an NMFC class for your freight and it happens to be changed too bad pay it - there will be no warning. If your nmfc class is changed in error too bad - nothing will be done to correct it so pay it. If con-way reweighs your freight at a higher weight than what currently billed you will pay that too. If that extra weights bumps you to a lower NMFC class too bad - you will pay that weight at the origional class. If your freight is not ready by 2pm then we will not honour the pick-up. Business is to stop at all docks when a con_way driver arrives - we expect that an empty dock with a wide driveway be at every p/d site in order to save p/d hours. We do not want your freight unless it is profile freight meaning 4x4x4 skids of class 50 freight going to next day - 2 day lanes. We do not want long-haul lanes. We would like you to comply with the rules with a smile. Thank you for doing business with Con-way. If you spend over $40,000 in freight per month we appreciate it.

CCX1951 said:
This is Con-way's philosophy towards the customers:

Unless you do over $40,000 in outbound prepaid per month we do not care about you. We will charge you 30% more than every other ltl carrier to haul your freight even though our service is only 10% better. We will not honour any guarantees because out FOS's are trained specifically to screwing the customers over with incorrect statusing of freight. If the customer does put in for an on-time warranty, the online website will crash on them until the warranty is up and it sucks to be you the customer afterwards. All claims will be denied on the first try. Again, unless you ship over $40,000 per month we do not care. We provide no customer service for our class 4-6 terminals. Our only goal is to service the customer's freight - NOT THE CUSTOMER. Again, unless you do over $40,000 per month we just don't care. Our annual increase will be 5.5% -7.5 %each year where the drivers only get a 2.5 % increase. In 10 years, the price of moving ltl with Con-way will increase anywhere from 55-75% while inflation stays at 1% annually. We will rip you off on fuel and claim to have a well maintained fleet of trucks while they are the lowest grade - cheapest running fleet of all the trucking companies. We will not put any new parts into our trucks. We will not honour any claims if the freight gets damaged due to bad maintenance. Our sales force does not sell ltl anymore - we babysit the customers that we currently have because we do not want our A/E's to be embarassed after showing how expensive we are as a company. Our spot quote department does not care about your 5,000 lb pallet so please stay by the fax and move the freight at the price we tell you we can move it for. We appreciate you mailing the check the day after receiving the bill. Your credit will be cut regardless after 45 days of your bills being outstanding. If con-way gives you a rate quote and it happens to change, too bad - pay it! If con-way awards you an NMFC class for your freight and it happens to be changed too bad pay it - there will be no warning. If your nmfc class is changed in error too bad - nothing will be done to correct it so pay it. If con-way reweighs your freight at a higher weight than what currently billed you will pay that too. If that extra weights bumps you to a lower NMFC class too bad - you will pay that weight at the origional class. If your freight is not ready by 2pm then we will not honour the pick-up. Business is to stop at all docks when a con_way driver arrives - we expect that an empty dock with a wide driveway be at every p/d site in order to save p/d hours. We do not want your freight unless it is profile freight meaning 4x4x4 skids of class 50 freight going to next day - 2 day lanes. We do not want long-haul lanes. We would like you to comply with the rules with a smile. Thank you for doing business with Con-way. If you spend over $40,000 in freight per month we appreciate it.
:1036316054:

brutus said:
wow,That very good.In a lot of ways this is sadly true.In the word of Gerald D,Our customers are to be treated as they are our only customer.

gfy said:
wow,That very good.In a lot of ways this is sadly true.In the word of Gerald D,Our customers are to be treated as they are our only customer.

We Need the Man Back..Not the Jokers running the show now.

:showoff: I think I will take a 6 mile drive to Jerry D's house on Clark Lake and have coffee with himand talk about the GOOD OLE DAYS before they started running cnf into the ground as Dave M has been...

toosweet said:
Then why are you working for Con-way?

Smile, TooSweet is back.....
Who is that aimed at.For me its a pay check,Nothing more,nothing less.A job.Thats the only reason I stay.One day you will do us like you did C.F. and E.W.A. and I will go and get a new job.The yes seminar didn't work on me,Sorry.

toosweet said:
Then why are you working for Con-way?

Smile, TooSweet is back.....

I don't believe you know jack, we got names for woman who tease! Which, with a name like toosweet and the way you act, I'm betting you are.
:smirk: :BlahBlah: :BlahBlah: :smilie_132:

Well, getting back to the origional post.... You forgot to put in the classic response
" If you dont like it here dont let the door hit you in the *** "

not happy

huey29 said:
sounds like you are not happy mr huey. if i was that unhappy with my current job i would look for another,and not try to pass my unhappiness off onto others. maybe you are not conway material. happy job hunting.........