XPO | the conway WAY!

Just What Is "Con-Way Material"?

mrconway said:
sounds like you are not happy mr huey. if i was that unhappy with my current job i would look for another,and not try to pass my unhappiness off onto others. maybe you are not conway material. happy job hunting.........

Being only your second posting, I think you may stand on the opposite side of the time clock than most of us. Management... and feel free to include yourself if this applies, needs to examine their beliefs about people. The majority of people do not get up in the morning (or late afternoon for you linehaul guys) and come to work with the intention of causing problems. How many people do you know who want to go home at the end of their work day feeling as if they failed all day?

Just what is con-way material? Sounds like in the world of psychogeometrics (look this one up... I'll wait) you're just another triangle. Good luck in your climb... who's holding your ladder steady?

Let me start by saying I would never replace my white shirt for a stripped one. Unlike a some of the people on this site, I dont have all the answers. But what I do know is that this company has changed some since I started here but for the most part it is the same place it was 10 years ago. And if the company does change to a point where I am no longer happy working here, I will look for something else. Why would I put myself through the misery of working day in and day out at a place that I hate. Thats all I was trying to say. As for being "on the other side of the timeclock", I think that attitude is part of the problem. Why does it always have to me their side/our side? It seems to me we all benefit when we all work together. I maybe in the minority with this way of thinking. But thats my point of view.

mrconway said:
Let me start by saying I would never replace my white shirt for a stripped one. Unlike a some of the people on this site, I dont have all the answers. But what I do know is that this company has changed some since I started here but for the most part it is the same place it was 10 years ago. And if the company does change to a point where I am no longer happy working here, I will look for something else. Why would I put myself through the misery of working day in and day out at a place that I hate. Thats all I was trying to say. As for being "on the other side of the timeclock", I think that attitude is part of the problem. Why does it always have to me their side/our side? It seems to me we all benefit when we all work together. I maybe in the minority with this way of thinking. But thats my point of view.
I agree with you. (J.T.)

you know its sad ! i make an opinion on how i and every other employee see things going on and some of you agree and some of you dont ,.thats fine.this comany has did a complete 360 since mr.m took over. we have lost freight ,we have lost customers,we have lost good employees.i know this has been the magority of postings on this site. but by god something has to give !! and its sad that we all have gotten used to those paychecks i admit i have and i go to work everyday witha fresh outlook just hoping this night will be better than the last. and for those of you who beleive int he ol saying if you dont like where your at leave .i totally agree with you to a point but when there is no other place to go .you have to suck it up take your punches and go on. and vent to your fellow employees.

huey29 said:
this comany has did a complete 360 since mr.m took over.

Seems to me if you did a 360, then you would be in the same place you were BEFORE Mr. M took over. A 360 is a circle right? So life is good and everything is great at Conway!

Old AF said:
Seems to me if you did a 360, then you would be in the same place you were BEFORE Mr. M took over. A 360 is a circle right? So life is good and everything is great at Conway!
yes life is just peachy at conway :BS:

I think he ment a 180
By the way, stock today was down to its lowest point in a year. Whos fault is that?
Wall street must smell something they dont like, and I bet its coming from AA

What is Con-Way Material?

mrconway said:
sounds like you are not happy mr huey. if i was that unhappy with my current job i would look for another,and not try to pass my unhappiness off onto others. maybe you are not conway material. happy job hunting.........
Mr. Conway, I apologizes and retract my snipes. But you bring up a point that has me asking. What is Con-Way material? Does our employer ask or expect attitudes / behaviors differing from the other LTL carriers? Are corporate expectations and/or policies causing the apparent poor attitudes and departures from this company?

huey29 said:
you know its sad ! i make an opinion on how i and every other employee see things going on and some of you agree and some of you dont ,.thats fine.this comany has did a complete 360 since mr.m took over. we have lost freight ,we have lost customers,we have lost good employees.i know this has been the magority of postings on this site. but by god something has to give !! and its sad that we all have gotten used to those paychecks i admit i have and i go to work everyday witha fresh outlook just hoping this night will be better than the last. and for those of you who believe int he ol saying if you dont like where your at leave .i totally agree with you to a point but when there is no other place to go .you have to suck it up take your punches and go on. and vent to your fellow employees.
You are a co-owner,you have a obligation and a right to say how you feel about things that our going on in your company.Just because you do not agree with the direction that this company is going dose not make you a bad employee.Some people would rather stick their head in the sand and wait for the storm to blow over.Others our doing the right thing and saying whats in their hearts.

gfy said:
You are a co-owner,you have a obligation and a right to say how you feel about things that our going on in your company.Just because you do not agree with the direction that this company is going dose not make you a bad employee.Some people would rather stick their head in the sand and wait for the storm to blow over.Others our doing the right thing and saying whats in their hearts.
Thers that word again that I hate to see. The Con-Way managment favorite word is Co-Owner. A co-owner in my opinion has a right to dispute with the managment on a wide range of issues for one. A co-owner CAN NOT be fired. The only part of you that can be called a co-owner is your 401-K. Unless you are one of the brainwashed management people who cannot have a thought in their head unless XGO tells them to

dodge ram said:
Thers that word again that I hate to see. The Con-Way managment favorite word is Co-Owner. A co-owner in my opinion has a right to dispute with the managment on a wide range of issues for one. A co-owner CAN NOT be fired. The only part of you that can be called a co-owner is your 401-K. Unless you are one of the brainwashed management people who cannot have a thought in their head unless XGO tells them to
if you look closely, you'll see the sarcasm in GFY's posts.

dodge ram said:
Brain washed kool-aid drinker.I know the co-owner part is a full load of rotting smelly stuff.remember its a matter of pride.

gfy said:
Brain washed kool-aid drinker.I know the co-owner part is a full load of rotting smelly stuff.remember its a matter of pride.
Who's pride???? I'm not proud of the company or the way it is ran. There is nothing I can do about that. In other words I can say this "I lOVE my job but I can't stand the managment that I work for" I can't speak for anyone but myself but I feel that is the general attitude throughout the company EMPLOYEES!!!! I DON'T go to work with a bad attitude. It happens as soon as I pull into the gate.

dodge ram said:
Who's pride???? I'm not proud of the company or the way it is ran. There is nothing I can do about that. In other words I can say this "I lOVE my job but I can't stand the managment that I work for" I can't speak for anyone but myself but I feel that is the general attitude throughout the company EMPLOYEES!!!! I DON'T go to work with a bad attitude. It happens as soon as I pull into the gate.
hey dodge good point i think all of us here like the work. its the easiest work i have ever done its just that managemnt makes it dificult to enjoy our work.

huey29 said:
hey dodge good point i think all of us here like the work. its the easiest work i have ever done its just that managemnt makes it dificult to enjoy our work.
That is so true.

There Is A Difference

I Have Been Here Only 1 Year And 4 Months And There Is A Difference I Do Know The Freight Has Dropped Off Dramatically In The Last Year!! I Think It Comes Down To Pricing Most Importantly And Next In Some Areas Poor Managment!! Also I Like Nascar Racing But I Cant Remember The Last Time I Watched A Nascar Truck Series Race! Is This Poor Placement Of Advertising Dollars? You Be The Judge And I Wonder If That Affects Our Almighty "icp" That The Company Beats Into Our Heads. And Yes Any Bonus Is Better Than None. Because Many "good" Companies Dont Give A Profit Bonus At All So I Am Greatful For The Bonus. But It Seems That Everything Hinges On A Icp Check. I Rely On My Weekly Paycheck As Im Sure Everybody That Reads This Does As Well Not My Icp Check. I Think The Corporate Mind Set Is To Stay The Expensive Course That Were On And When And If When The Competition Raises Thier Rates They'll Come Flooding Back To Us This My Friends And Fellow Drivers Is Purely A Fantasy Mind Set!!! I Think We Need To Compete Now Not Later Or A Lot Of People Will Be Looking For A Different Place To Work!! Because We Will Be On The Auction Block To A Different Company!! ...maybe Thats What The Big Cats Want!! Thats It Im Out!!!!

you are correct about ICP

the best year I ever had on ICP was $5100 and that was in 1994..you divide that by 52 weeks B/4 taxes and it's less than $100 a week avg...sooo in the long run you can lose more by all the mumbo jumbo BS the company throws at you to help the ICP factors like customers paying bills on time ??? no drivers or anyone else has any controll of that.....I always thought to that their monthly ICP updates were always written in pencil so they could use the eraser end of the pencil to make the report say what they wanted it to say....I never trusted conway...these are just my perceptions after 16++ years with them....

Going Forward

Old AF said:
Mr Huey, I see from your previous post's, that you are going on your 5th year with Conway. I, myself, have been here a lot longer than you have. I feel that in the past decade, things have changed for the better. For example;no more cab-over tractors, no mull bull-nose trailers, nicer forklifts(not the old "DIESEL'S), more dock space, more re-ship's, more employee's, better pay/benefit's, all around, alot better than the "OLD DAYS". I cant understand why you are so unhappy with your job? We sure dont want to go backwards in time, I think most of the "OLD GUY'S" will agree. We have come along way and made alot of changes for the better, and some, maybe not as good as the other's, but overall, for the better. Hope you get on board soon, before the train leaves you behind.

mrconway

mrconway said:
Mr Huey, I see from your previous post's, that you are going on your 5th year with Conway. I, myself, have been here a lot longer than you have. I feel that in the past decade, things have changed for the better. For example;no more cab-over tractors, no mull bull-nose trailers, nicer forklifts(not the old "DIESEL'S), more dock space, more re-ship's, more employee's, better pay/benefit's, all around, alot better than the "OLD DAYS". I cant understand why you are so unhappy with your job? We sure don't want to go backwards in time, I think most of the "OLD GUY'S" will agree. We have come along way and made alot of changes for the better, and some, maybe not as good as the other's, but overall, for the better. Hope you get on board soon, before the train leaves you behind.

mrconway
as far as more employee that also equals less work.
looks like someone been drinking the kool-aid again.