XPO | the conway WAY!

mrconway said:
Mr Huey, I see from your previous post's, that you are going on your 5th year with Conway. I, myself, have been here a lot longer than you have. I feel that in the past decade, things have changed for the better. For example;no more cab-over tractors, no mull bull-nose trailers, nicer forklifts(not the old "DIESEL'S), more dock space, more re-ship's, more employee's, better pay/benefit's, all around, alot better than the "OLD DAYS". I cant understand why you are so unhappy with your job? We sure dont want to go backwards in time, I think most of the "OLD GUY'S" will agree. We have come along way and made alot of changes for the better, and some, maybe not as good as the other's, but overall, for the better. Hope you get on board soon, before the train leaves you behind.

mrconway

well mr conway what can i say you have called me out! i agree with you on the fact yes things have gotten better since the company started in 1983.better equipment and pay ,benifites etc....what really irritates me is how this compnay is ran.DM is running thi compnay like the third reich its his way or no way and it is depressing all he cares about is his 6 figure paycheck every year.his bottm line.he dont care about employees we are whale crap to he. and he isa bully he brainwashes and threatens all the supervisors and TM's with their jobs, then they get hard to live with. everybody is stressed out living on the edge wondering if they will have job the next day just because they forgot to dot an i or cross a t ona report!! its complete and total BS! why cant we all go to work and work dilligently to get the job done with out stress and worry? all i can say is this moral at this compnay is lower than i have ever seen it since i started. there are employees and supervisors, TM's,customers jumping the conway train ! becasue and firmly beleive this that the longer DM is head engineer we are heading for derailment!!

sounds like mgmt to me

mrconway said:
Mr Huey, I see from your previous post's, that you are going on your 5th year with Conway. I, myself, have been here a lot longer than you have. I feel that in the past decade, things have changed for the better. For example;no more cab-over tractors, no mull bull-nose trailers, nicer forklifts(not the old "DIESEL'S), more dock space, more re-ship's, more employee's, better pay/benefit's, all around, alot better than the "OLD DAYS". I cant understand why you are so unhappy with your job? We sure dont want to go backwards in time, I think most of the "OLD GUY'S" will agree. We have come along way and made alot of changes for the better, and some, maybe not as good as the other's, but overall, for the better. Hope you get on board soon, before the train leaves you behind.

mrconway
well Im glad to see all the money spent on the brain washing trips to Ann Arbor worked on someone :tweety:

I'm Calling you out MrConway!!!

mrconway said:

mrconway
Centain things have been upgrades with equipment...I think MOST drivers are upset with the way they are treated by management...for instance: sector leaders whom have VERY MINIMAL experience in moving freight and talk to a driver with MANY years at conway like the driver just started yesterday. Drivers are NOT going to take this kind of CRAP for long before they lose the winning attitudes..So everyone out there in CONWAY land knows why I retired from Conway after 17 years is this: I had a back injury at home on Oct.24,2005. I suffered from 3 herneated discs and could not work for 17 weeks, I came back for 8 weeks with a restriction of needing an air-ride truck and conway agreed. But on April 18 the memo came out that oldest trucks on longest runs. I ran the longest runs out of XJA. My doctors restrictions said air-ride, conway said tough ::shit:: you will drive this truck or you can quit because we do not care about your restriction..BUT while I was off Conway terminated my health insurance, denied me short term disability. Now tell me how GOOD of a company it is Mr.Conway..It may be good as long as you stay healthy but have a BIG injury and see if you still feel the same way !!!! I think NOT. So I was dealt a ::shit:: hand of cards from CON-WAY..This is what I got after 17 years with the company...Think is still a great place to work ??? Just wait !!! I hope you never get the same hand of cards I did. So I retired at age 42....42 years old and Conway did me like they did and it could happen to you or anyone for that matter!!! So keep pulling those pallet jacks at reships and you may end up as I did because you did as you were asked...THINK ABOUT IT !!!!

fisherman XJA said:
Centain things have been upgrades with equipment...I think MOST drivers are upset with the way they are treated by management...for instance: sector leaders whom have VERY MINIMAL experience in moving freight and talk to a driver with MANY years at conway like the driver just started yesterday. Drivers are NOT going to take this kind of CRAP for long before they lose the winning attitudes..So everyone out there in CONWAY land knows why I retired from Conway after 17 years is this: I had a back injury at home on Oct.24,2005. I suffered from 3 herneated discs and could not work for 17 weeks, I came back for 8 weeks with a restriction of needing an air-ride truck and conway agreed. But on April 18 the memo came out that oldest trucks on longest runs. I ran the longest runs out of XJA. My doctors restrictions said air-ride, conway said tough ::shit:: you will drive this truck or you can quit because we do not care about your restriction..BUT while I was off Conway terminated my health insurance, denied me short term disability. Now tell me how GOOD of a company it is Mr.Conway..It may be good as long as you stay healthy but have a BIG injury and see if you still feel the same way !!!! I think NOT. So I was dealt a ::shit:: hand of cards from CON-WAY..This is what I got after 17 years with the company...Think is still a great place to work ??? Just wait !!! I hope you never get the same hand of cards I did. So I retired at age 42....42 years old and Conway did me like they did and it could happen to you or anyone for that matter!!! So keep pulling those pallet jacks at reships and you may end up as I did because you did as you were asked...THINK ABOUT IT !!!!
greens for this post.

fisherman XJA said:
:woohoo1: :bowdown: fisherman that was well said my freind!! these bastards are going to run all of us over if we dont take a stand.i pity the poor soul who bleeds conway blue!!

huey29 said:
:woohoo1: :bowdown: fisherman that was well said my freind!! these bastards are going to run all of us over if we dont take a stand.i pity the poor soul who bleeds conway blue!!
Well Huey29, I spent quite a few years with Conway and seen many, many changes..I paid the price with my back don't you do the same..Look at WHEELS he had back surgery before I retired..How is he doing now? In the end you are just a number to Conway and mine WAS 14774....WAS that is !!! I'm soo glad it's over with them tho but I made many friends along the way and think of you guys often...Keep your chin up and don't get in too deep were you can't get out that's the secret. Happy Trails....LOL...ask WHEELS about the song I use to sing him on his way home from XFW....Damn, I got a great chuckle going just thinking of that !!! It was called Happy Trails...

mrconway said:

mrconway
I'm really glad to see you see things my way,god bless you my co-owner brother.The people in here need to understand they are a part of something bigger them then them selfs.how selfish to put their petty needs before our great company.Pride is not just a word its a way of life.

huey29 said:
kool-aid blue.I just had my car painted the C.F.(conway colors).I feel so cool.

you guys sound like a bunch of babies. go some where else and work. go to the union companies and get laid off in the winter time until you build about 3 or 4 years seniority

super10 said:
you guys sound like a bunch of babies. go some where else and work. go to the union companies and get laid off in the winter time until you build about 3 or 4 years seniority
You tell them.Its good to see such pro company minded people coming out.

super10 said:
ok you obviously missed the point!! ever since DM took over as president we have lost,customers,employees,profit, and most of all MORALE !! with out a high morale in the company employees start getting the attitude of " why should i care the company dont" and when they feel like that it just goes no where but down.
but its all starts XGO,. DM hands down his demands and threatens people with their jobs if they dont do things his way ,in turn FOS's get nervous ,TM's get nervous and edgy and before you know it coming to work is like going to the dentist to have a root canal!!
the point is this my freind we like the work we like the job ! its upper level managament and the direction this company is going is what has us all ticked off!!

wipeyourmgmt said:
and thats what they are is brain washing trips!! why dont they save a buck and just send me a vidio like everything else.
You don't need a video.I have seen the guys from Minn at xtm.They have down real well.I'll say one thing for him.The guys from Minn our as hard as wood pecker lips._30 bellow on the dock and they have on a light jacket.Thats hard.

vidio

gfy said:
You don't need a video.I have seen the guys from Minn at xtm.They have down real well.I'll say one thing for him.The guys from Minn our as hard as wood pecker lips._30 bellow on the dock and they have on a light jacket.Thats hard.
your getting off the subject of going to ann arbor to watch some stupid clown show and not fall asleep during it. just send me a yes vidio and ill watch the damn thing but quit screwing with my weekends so i can spend it how i want!! if i want to go to the circus ill go!! and it wont be in ann arbor!

wipeyourmgmt said:
your getting off the subject of going to ann arbor to watch some stupid clown show and not fall asleep during it. just send me a yes vidio and ill watch the damn thing but quit screwing with my weekends so i can spend it how i want!! if i want to go to the circus ill go!! and it wont be in ann arbor!
lighten up.

This isn't directed at any particular post in this thread, but to borrow from an old Con-way saying, "it all begins with" you.

I see it every day. Disgruntled DSR's, upset FOS's, complacent CSR's, incompetent middle and upper management. The list goes on and on. I could chime right in and complain better than any of you combined about the state of affairs, but when are any of you going to stop the venting and whining, and step up and do something about it.. like your job for starters? We are all paid a decent wage and have a certain amount of duties and responsibilities to tend to. If we started to focus on our individual jobs, and did them correctly, we could deal with a lot of the problems. But the same people day in and day out complain about the 'other' guy, and they somehow think that their work product is perfect? I have news for you...

Yes I have LOI's in my file and I was never disciplined in my life until I came to CW, but I know I take pride in my work and see things to completion--in the company's prescribed manner, whether I agree with it or not. That's my job, that's what I am employed and paid to do. That I don't agree with, I work within the company's structure to get changed. Sometimes I have been successful, sometimes not, but at least I tried...

Ok, let the mgmt bashing continue...