New Penn | the diffrence between newpenn/ holland

According to $ Bill New Penn is doing better. Something with the way they operate. They pay the same. They are both NMFA companies. They operate different regions. I believe Holland runs a lot in Illinois, Indiana and Michigan where New Penn runs the Northeast down to Virginia. I've never worked for either one or heard anything about them. I talked to a driver for Holland a long time ago out of Rockford, IL. He seemed real pleased with his job. His truck hauled a$$ unlike these Roadway trucks I'm in.

can any body tell me some diffrences between thes two companies.

Probably the main difference is YRC left New Penn alone but they tried to make Holland more like Yellow. Holland used to be known for their service and damage free deliveries because we got the freight there on time and in good shape but now YRC wants us to stack everything up and fill the trailers until they are maxed out. Then the loads get out late and the freight gets delivered late. Plus, when you have to take the freight from the trailer to the dock, then move it again back on to a trailer because you didn't have empties to load until after everything's been broken on to the dock, it doesn't help things either.

Its just a never ending story of delay after delay doing it the Yellow way.

Newpenns region is very difficult to make money in the i 95 metro ny.nj area . but somehow they do it.yellow shares a barn with holland in albany ny they fuel from the same pumps only yellow does not keep track of how much they use.doesnt this remind you of the conway bleeding of cf

basically we have bed trips, out and back, but you can sign for 2=3 bed if available and there is freight. turns, with milage based on senority, and where your terminal located, and where freight is on any given night. and good old possable's, pack a bag, could turn or could go to bed.also,not all terminals have road boards, some new england terminals can only do turns. like providance,just example.are some others.nyc kearney, boston and buffalo,have no road men.

if that were the case,how come red star isn't here any more? oh i forgot all the big profit red star made usf gave to holland just to make them look good.

if that were the case,how come red star isn't here any more? oh i forgot all the big profit red star made usf gave to holland just to make them look good.

where did all the profits go from all those banner years 1980 threw 2000 all that realeastate? 6 months before redstar closed they sold their newark nj terminal to fedex for 20 mill nowonder holland was able to look so good back then.

where did all the profits go from all those banner years 1980 threw 2000 all that realeastate? 6 months before redstar closed they sold their newark nj terminal to fedex for 20 mill nowonder holland was able to look so good back then.I belive new penn is in redstars old barn in cumberland ri are they leasing or did they buy it from redstar i mean holland i mean yellow?

let me say, i have no problem with redstarguys comeing and working at npme, really welcome aboard, should have said that what 2 yrs ago. but you need to get things staright, we had nothing to do with you closeing down. that was a red star thing, plain and simple.i do get sick of hearing all that came here crying about way things work at npme. this is the way it has always been done, basically,and if you do your job, and give a days work for what your paid, really dont get better than this, driveing a truck that is, and if you think differantly, why stay around?just to set record straight there owlpuss, only time red star showed a positive o/r was the quarter you sold newark terminal, believe the stated figure was 10 million, and paper said to conway, although dont think they are there looks more like retail and offices, but anyhow red star showed o/r of 82 and change that quarter.but i'm sure you tell me the numbers were fudged and finacial reports that were published were all lies, think i'll crack another beer before bedtime here, so you want to argue some more i'm game.

let me say, i have no problem with redstarguys comeing and working at npme, really welcome aboard, should have said that what 2 yrs ago. but you need to get things staright, we had nothing to do with you closeing down. that was a red star thing, plain and simple.i do get sick of hearing all that came here crying about way things work at npme. this is the way it has always been done, basically,and if you do your job, and give a days work for what your paid, really dont get better than this, driveing a truck that is, and if you think differantly, why stay around?just to set record straight there owlpuss, only time red star showed a positive o/r was the quarter you sold newark terminal, believe the stated figure was 10 million, and paper said to conway, although dont think they are there looks more like retail and offices, but anyhow red star showed o/r of 82 and change that quarter.but i'm sure you tell me the numbers were fudged and finacial reports that were published were all lies, think i'll crack another beer before bedtime here, so you want to argue some more i'm game.

I am not saying anything bad of new penn just saying yrc can make anyone of its companys look good or bad. and i am not saying thats why new penn looks good they always had good o/r. redstar didnt go down hill untill they opened in the south and started buying out bankrupt trucking companys . murcury.plymouthrock. vallerie.

where did all the profits go from all those banner years 1980 threw 2000 all that realeastate? 6 months before redstar closed they sold their newark nj terminal to fedex for 20 mill nowonder holland was able to look so good back then.I belive new penn is in redstars old barn in cumberland ri are they leasing or did they buy it from redstar i mean holland i mean yellow?

Dollar Bill played a huge part in getting RS smoked, allegedly ! i don't wanna get sued. prior to the deal going down, it was understood that RS had to go due to the fact of them not being profitable anymore & NP running the N.E. and making tons of $$$. plus, RS & NP ran the same area. they didn't need more over-lapping of areas. by the way, Jr. has some blame as well.

what i dont understand is what BZ had to do with- correct me if i'm wrong - rs guys in phila. strikeing over what 10 office workers or the procedure for them signing union cards,or basically unionizeing the office force, than strike went to all terminals eventually shutting down whole system for 1-2 days.which lead to the closure of rs. shutting down of rs was done by USF ceo, happened some time end of june beginning of july , i remember us getting swamped with freight , till things even out customer wise.it was sometime 1st,quarter of following yr that yrc, made bid for usf.if i got the facts wrong so far fill me in with the correct ones. he eventually paid to much for USF corp what was left of it. he probably could have gotten cheaper price if money loseing red star was included in origanal sale. at thevery least, i think his balls are big enough that if he got rs with purchase and later wanted to shut it down for some reason, he would have done himself, or made staley do it. had no problem closeing dugan, and shoveing bestaway into reddaway, and doubleing hollands area, with big changes.seems funny, you blame BZ or yrc for screwing up holland and redaway, with there ideas, yet some how they had the brillance to effectively close red star 8-9 months before the buy out of usf corp, which they payed to much for and just took 800 million $ write off on. there on the hook for securties they sold to finace usf deal. so what are they ? brillant at closeing rs ahead of time, or dumb for where they are finnacially now.

Yellow had nothing to do with RSEL getting shut down. NOTHING.

It was shut down by USF. The decision was made by Dick D. He was given no choice. If he gave in to the IBT, Dugan would have been organized within a year and they could not afford operate DUagn under IBT rules. Plain and simple.

But we have hashed over this a million times.

Yellow had nothing to do with RSEL getting shut down. NOTHING.
It was shut down by USF. The decision was made by Dick D. He was given no choice. If he gave in to the IBT, Dugan would have been organized within a year and they could not afford operate DUagn under IBT rules. Plain and simple.
But we have hashed over this a million times.
I agree Brother.The day USF bought Red Star was the beginning of the end. Bill Z had nothing to do with it. The girls in Phila was just the excuse USF needed and the IBT bit into it big time and put a lot of its members out of work and turned a lot of us against the Union. I don't even blaim Holland for the clouser but what I do blaim Holland for and I can never forgive them for it was the way they reopened a few terminals and Sh!t on the members with their so called hiring practice.I wish them luck in their origional area of operations but wish them nothing but failure everywhere else.

Wow.. Don't know where to start on this thread:chairshot: Allnighttrain,what you say about the Redstar strike ,you couldn't be more wrong,repeating what the international wants you to believe If you really think it was about a few girls in the phila term then I have a bridge to sell you really cheap:1036316054:As far as the Redstar Newark term it wasn't sold to fed-ex or conway,it was sold to Continental Lumber and that is what it is now A lumber yard and I do believe they rent or lease the offices out..The shutdown of Redstar was planned and executed on a schedule and I tend to differ from FOTF as I believe this was all set in motion before Yellows buyout of USF...........

i really dont think anything about why, red star was shut down, spoke only of what was printed about what happened, and commenting on this conspircey theory some seem to have that BZ had planned this shutdown all along, so he could buy usf. the day it all happened was big shock to me as well as to alot of others. personally money loseing or not, i though red star was safe because they were usf's link to the northeast and that alone would keep them alive.far as old terminal in newark went buy there last night and there is some retail stores out front saw a truevalue hdw, but that isnt really important now. so fill me in on why red star was really shut down. if nothing to do with 10 bimbo's in phila. because other than knowing rs was our compitition in northeast and watching all compititons o/r quarterly for several years as printed in verious business mags, no i dont know inter workings of what went on at rs, so tell me what really happened. and know i dont want your bridge, but we do have a guy at our terminal who buys bridges for scrap, and he might be interested.

Red Star closed when it did because of the Philadelphia strike.

In today's environment, where non-union carriers out number union carriers, shippers re-route freight the very minute that they hear a carrier is on strike.

No union carrier with the possible exception of UPS can survive a work stoppage.

I am not saying that USF would not have eventually closed Red Star anyway but the decision was forced by the strike.