The Duckman makes his opinion known

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JIM BOB, Dec 18, 2013.

1. JIM BOB

JIM BOB Super Moderator Staff Member

2. Ice Rider

Ice Rider Well-Known Member

I hope he enjoyed his moment in the spotlight, it is probably over now. You are not allowed to have your own views on anything unless you agree with the left.

3. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

The gay community is just trying to make hay via the success of Duck Dynasty. They're just looking for more exposure in an attempt to advance their agenda. Phil is just another avenue for them, and they don't care if they bring him down in the process.

I guess in today's Progressive society, (which is sinking this country) you're not allowed to have your own viewpoint or beliefs. Well, I'm with Phil and freedom of speech. The gay community wants us all to conform to their lifestyle and their beliefs. I say.......:fingure:

4. Ice Rider

5. Ice Rider

Yep, I believe everyone is entitled to believe what they believe, if you don't like him...don't watch him, if I can turn the channel when Oblahblah speaks.....they can when the duckman comes on.

6. Northern Flash

Exactly. If they don't like Phil, his beliefs, or the show.......change the damn channel.
    Got any ideas how we can get Obama thrown off the airways?

A&E can kiss it. They should have just let the ratings speak for themselves. If the ratings drop because of Phil's comments, they should have just pulled the show. Instead they cave in to political correctness. It sounds like A&E thinks that they are the final say on what America should think. The fact is that 90% of America support what Phil said, it's just the 10% speak the loudest. Well I'll do my speaking with my remote control.

7. autocar65

autocar65 Local 767

Why don't we get right down to the real deal. Jesus Christ is mentioned in prayer on every episode of Duck Dynasty. That is taboo in today's society. BTW, Muslims are far more intolerant of gays than Christians. If Phil was a Muslim and condemned the Homosexual......It may have been over looked.

8. Northern Flash

The Robertson's saying a prayer at the end of their show is the same scenario as Phil making those comments. If those who disagree or don't like it.........turn the damn channel! Based on their top ratings, obviously most of America is fine with it.

9. autocar65

autocar65 Local 767

I can say this. It is about time a Christian man is portrayed by someone masculine. I hate that the Christian male has become this simpy example like a Joel Olsteen or Benny Hinn. I am of the opinion that many of these wealthy preachers might have some explaining to do come judgement day. After all, the world did think much of Christ when he came either! Or John the Baptist who dared to indicted Herod for marrying Herodious who was not only his brother Philips wife but was his cousin. John the Baptist stood up to Herod and was beheaded at the request of Salome. Jesus turned over the money changers tables in the Temple because they were robbing the poor and making merchandise of giving a sin offering.

Here are two examples of Holy men standing up to the politician. Maybe it is time we follow their example? I am far more concerned with pleasing my creator than pleasing the created. Phil knows the consequences, he is just not going to allow popular opinion to change him.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2013
  10. shadowr434

shadowr434 Super Moderator Staff Member

While Im more socially liberal in respect to gays I second what you said, I'm with Phil and freedom of speech. It seems that the left are the only ones that are allowed to voice their opinions openly when it comes to disliking something.

11. Northern Flash

And I respect him for that. None of us should let popular opinion change our thinking. In this particular case it's not even the "popular" opinion. It's just the opposite. It's only the few (gays) who think that we all have to accept their belief. Yet they can't or won't accept ours. These gays are starting to remind me more of the Muslim religion with their intolerance. Maybe we can put those two groups together........and see how that works out.

12. Northern Flash

It's real simple to me when it comes to the gay issue. I don't care what they do behind closed doors. In fact, I don't care what heteros do either. But I don't want to see either in action.

I've seen a lot of comments on blogs where the writer is gay, disagrees with Phil's assessment, yet they still say that it's Phil's right to believe whatever he wants. I respect those people who don't just jump on the p.c. bandwagon.

I'm done with A&E until I see that Phil has been re-instated.

13. Northern Flash

The gays have the right to do whatever they want and believe whatever they want. What they don't have the right to do is chastise those of us who don't agree with what they believe in. Live and let live.

14. shadowr434

shadowr434 Super Moderator Staff Member

I totally agree with you. Luckily I already watched the last thing that I wanted to watch from them, the Bonnie and Clyde 2 part series. Was pretty good and the girl that played Bonnie was real easy on the eyes. LOL

15. Northern Flash

According to A&E, you have no right to be looking at Bonnie. You need to get your attention over on to Clyde. How dare you.

16. Northern Flash

I found a list of A&E's corporate sponsors. One of them was Hershey's. I just sent Corporate Hershey's an email stating that they either pull their ads from A&E or I'm done with buying their products. I told them that Phil has a right to free speech.

17. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

shame he did not rant on about the love of looking at a mans hairy butt
    he would be on tv for years

18. FLYINGBY

FLYINGBY Member

And Obama is sending a couple of Gay people to Russia, and why, to make some kind of statement, because Russia is against Homosexuality. Please...

19. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

I disagree with his suspension. People should be entitled to voice their opinions. It is going too far now.

20. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

I've never watched the show, but I know it is popular. If you don't like what he said, don't watch. Someone must like it though, they have merchandise everywhere.