The Duckman makes his opinion known

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JIM BOB, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

It goes both ways though. Look at Magoo. Ok I was kidding about Magoo. :biglaugh:

2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Many from the Left now say what Phil said is anti-Christian,/ anti-love. Sounds like he repeated Romans, Chapter One IMO...

Once Marriage is no longer 1 man- 1 woman, under the 14th Amendment- anything goes... (apparently the gay activists are upset he mentioned gay sex and beastiality together).

A Federal Judge ruled this week in Utah, he can't deny a man from claiming he has multiple wives. It is against the law- judge said he can't enforce it....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
  3. Ice Rider

Ice Rider Well-Known Member

I like what Bobby Jindal had to say on the matter.

“I don’t agree with quite a bit of stuff I read in magazine interviews or see on TV. In fact, come to think of it, I find a good bit of it offensive,” Jindal said. “But I also acknowledge that this is a free country and everyone is entitled to express their views. In fact, I remember when TV networks believed in the First Amendment. It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended.”

Louisiana governor defends 'Duck Dynasty' star - NBC Politics

4. Dick Dastardly

What people have problem with is that he used his religion to gain the spotlight, then used it as platform to spew bigotry. I understand A&E's standpoint from a business perspective. He is an actor employed by the network, therefore he is an ambassador for them. They stand to lose millions in revenue from advertisers now. However, he is entitled to his opinion wrong or right.

5. Dick Dastardly

I can't put on my work uniform and go hold a pro marijuana rally, or an anti-gay rally, without being fired. It's the same thing. A&E is his employer.

6. Dick Dastardly

That said, I do feel if he would have been pro gay, he'd still have a job. That is the ****ed up part about it.

7. CCXdriver

CCXdriver Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. Gays and straight shouldn't be in the business of chastising each other. That's why I don't feel so bad for Duck(although I don't see a reason for his suspension).

8. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

The cool thing is, I doubt Phil gives a rats *** about being suspended, in fact, when they ask him to come back, he'll probably tell them to stuff it.

9. CCXdriver

You all know this is probably an advertising gimmick, with the Duck being in on it? You know, get the rubes all excited about the injustice of it all, then make them happy when the "suspension" is over, or retracted..

10. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Sorry- but You're Nutz!!!

11. CCXdriver

No, I'm just skeptical of the media.

12. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

If A&E is as pure as the wind driven snow, why would they fire Phil for his comments, then turn around and run a special all day marathon of Duck Dynasty? Obviously for the money. So they are pathetic hypocrites in my opinion. They pander to the gays by firing Phil, but when it comes to A&E making money via Duck Dynasty......I guess that it's just A-OK then. Money talks.

If the gays demanded that A&E cancel the Duck Dynasty marathon, which would cost A&E tons of money in advertising,.......would A&E pull the show? Hell no. They'll pander to the gays to be politically correct, but won't go any further if their money is at stake.

13. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

"However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”-----Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty.

Why is this part of the controversial interview buried in the seventh paragraph???????????

I guess this part doesn't fit their agenda.

14. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

[video=youtube_share;Bo7zkd0kRS4]http://youtu.be/Bo7zkd0kRS4?t=5s[/video]....................

15. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Why is everyone picking on that poor ol' hillbilly?

16. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

GLENN BECK MAKES A VERY EXCITING OFFER TO THE CAST OF ‘DUCK DYNASTY’

Glenn Beck Makes a Very Exciting Offer to the Cast of ‘Duck Dynasty’ | TheBlaze.com

17. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

18. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Just further proof

The people that scream the loudest for tolerance in this country are the least tolerant.

As for the gay contigency to Russia, I am sure that will work (not)

Like Putin gives a crap

19. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

It's really about control once again and diminishing anyone from expressing their right of free speech and religious beliefs... If it was about offensive personality a or improper behavior MTV would never have put on 16 and pregnant and ABC would not have Miley Cirrus on

20. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Who are we to push our (American, not necessarily mine) ideals on anyone else?