The Duckman makes his opinion known

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JIM BOB, Dec 18, 2013.

1. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

One thing they've both done that I don't think is our business is trying to spread democracy. Who are we to push our ideals on the rest of the world? If we want to take and colonize it I'd be more supportive of that effort than to try to tell them what to do.

2. CCXdriver

CCXdriver Well-Known Member

That's the first original thought you've had all day!

3. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

Exactly! They love to forget who was the one making the call! I suspect Bush wouldn't have, but we'll never know. After all he had eight years to find him but chose instead to invade Iraq. Should I refer to him as Hitler for invading and occupying other nations? You guys love to refer to Obama as Hitler after all.

4. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Who was making the call on Benghazi????Love how all you Christian haters love to sympathize with Muslim terrorist..

5. Dick Dastardly

You're giving up on your Chargers already?

6. Dick Dastardly

I always make a point to refer to ALL religions when I criticize religion on here so as not to offend and because I dislike all religions no matter the deity worshipped. I guess you don't give credit where it is do either. You on the right love to insist we only hate Christianity. Let me state openly for the record I don't like religion period.

7. Dick Dastardly

"If God listened to the prayers of men, all men would quickly have perished: for they are forever praying for evil against one another."

Epicurus

8. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

And to think I was awestruck with all the data he had assembled in such a short period of time. :duh:

9. Dick Dastardly

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God?”

Epicurus

10. Dick Dastardly

Ok I'll get back on subject. I just enjoy those particular quotes from Epicurus.

11. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I'm guessing that guy has never heard a prayer in his life????

13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Spend less time condemning God and more time trying to understand God, and you'd be less hateful....

14. autocar65

autocar65 Local 767

You might be waiting awhile. This idea that "Politics" every actually changes anything comes from where? To me, we spend an administration going down a path until we get sick of it and then we elected the opposite party and go that direction for awhile. Back and forth, to and fro, up and down. For a period the rich take a profit after they allow a period of allowing wealth to be built by the middle class. We pay into the housing market, building equity in a home and when the economy goes belly up, the banks take your investment away from you and sell it off once it becomes worth something. Wealth isn't really built, it is confiscated! And the joke is always on us because we don't know "Come Here" from "Sick 'Em" when it comes to real property and wealth. Most of us do well to keep a roof over our heads.

And why is it that we think this is something new? It is planned this way by greedy men who will always have the world serving them.We rush to adore the rich and royal....It is in our nature. Do I expect a Politician to change this? Not if he want's to stay alive for very long. This why we get the JFK's and Abe Lincolns. Little points in history when there was a momentary glimpse of hope for a moment. So what do we call these World Elites? How do we know who they are and are they in the long run good for all of us? I would say no they are not and they are not good for us because they cause wealth to become static....It just sits and collects more doing no one any good. We keep looking for a Savior! And turn right around and critique anyone who might suggest that spiritually we need anything. Jethro Tull is the name of a band, Ian Anderson is the name of the songwriter....It is like Kerry Livgren the lead guitarist for Kansas, he is a Christian and has suffered a recent stroke. I love it when people start taking about the music industry. Alice Cooper is a Christian as well. I know, my old buddy John Nitziner used to play guitar for him. And why would an "Alice Cooper" have a spiritual side to him? Because after all the fame and fortune you really get to know yourself pretty good, and some of it is ugly....Kinda like the selfish elite we think we hate but actually wish we were just like.

And why are they like this? Because it is all they have. This life, right now. So do we join them in their world view and say "This is it man! The dude with the marbles wins!" I don't think falling into the same ditch that killed your being able to make a decent living is how you do it. It is like all those Union Charities that people never talk about, the Teamster Scholarship Funds, you don't hear people talking about that, they just go on talking about how selfish Union members are. Well, at least what is left of the American Working Middle Class wealth isn't like the Rockefeller or Morgan wealth that sits and does no one a bit of good except to those who have never had a day of want in their lives.

But what do I know? Every man depends on his own understanding and in the end we die.

To deny we have a spiritual side is to never take a good hard look at our true nature and the source of much of our troubles. If you can't see all the symptoms. Can you make a accurate diagnosis? I don't think so.

15. autocar65

autocar65 Local 767

Yeah, there is this thing call "free will". Kinda gums up the works.

16. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

You suspect a lot, right...

17. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

This "pot" {me} admits that Bush was nowhere near perfect and made lots of mistakes. Can we get that kind of admittance from a "kettle" like yourself, admitting that his Holiness isn't perfect?
    You guys think that this left wing lunatic with his dictatorial powers is perfect in every way.

18. Northern Flash

So if Bush made such a mess, why does doubling down on the mess seem OK with you? You're as blind as a bat.

19. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

You mean he's turning into a Robertson(on the hate thing the media tried to portray)?LOL.. I would hate for trucker to lose his show on Truckingboards....

20. Northern Flash

Members of the freeloading society don't care about the debt or anything else that affects the finances of the rest of us. As long as their monthly check keeps coming.