The Duplicity of Lindsey Graham

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sharpshooter, Nov 12, 2013.

1. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham is in a tough spot. He has followed the age old playbook of establishment Republicans – talk conservative at home but play footsie with the Democrats in Washington – for years. Finally, his duplicity is catching up with him.

He’s facing a primary challenge which, though it may not succeed in ousting him. at the very least going to cause him some anxious moments.
    While he still leads all his challengers, under the South Carolina primary system he must break 50% or he will face a runoff. If Graham is forced into a runoff against one conservative challenger he will be in deep trouble.
    The Duplicity of Lindsey Graham | RedState

2. autocar65

autocar65 Local 767

As long as there is a process where we can get rid of establishment Republicans who think of them selves as Federal instead of State reps. So be it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
  3. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

He has seniority in the Senate do you really want to take a chance and put some guy like a Cruz in that will embarrass you?
    Besides there's no guarantee your candidate could beat the Democrat candidate you might lose it all.
    But yeah go ahead and try I enjoy it.

4. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Cruz was not an embarrassment, Graham is. He has been the decieving the people of S. Carolina for too long and now it is time for him to go

5. Magoo

Thats what I'm saying: if you don't recognize Cruz is an embarrassment then you are the problem

How about that Mitch McConnel guy?
    Time for him to retire?

6. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

Cruz is my idol...if I could go 20+ hrs without peeing...just think of the miles I'd pile up

7. Jack Knife

Jack Knife Well-Known Member

HELL yea, might as well vote for a dem as that pos. the problem I see is there are too many challengers jumping in to the race, this gives Miss Lindsey an advanage

8. Jack Knife

Jack Knife Well-Known Member

and you don't think obama is an embarrassment, he has made this country the laughing stock of the world

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
  9. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

Again. Thanks for the advice on who to support within our party Mags.
    (but......no thanks)

What you don't understand is that when our reps become an embarrassment, we want to throw them out. When your reps become an embarrassment you guys circle the wagons to protect them......and quite often their embarrassing actions are a resume' enhancement within your party.

10. Magoo

Obama's contract isn't up next year

11. Magoo

I'll only tell you because I know it won't make a difference you won't even consider my advice.
    Theres the old saying a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Your flying the wrong attitude LOL
    that ain't good
    [​IMG]

12. Northern Flash

Ya. We have a saying around here that freeloaders should be euthanized, then the Govt. won't have to reach so deep into our pocket.

Just sayin'.:popcorn:

13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Main problem in SC is its an Open Primary. Not just Establishment GOP picking Graham, but Dems crossing over and voting for him too. I Think if he doesn't get 50% he goes to a runoff, which is where the conserv with the next highest can take him out. That how Cruz won Texas.

14. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Cruz was an embarassment for trying to stop BarryCare, now they are a bunch of bills in the house and senate trying to stop BarryCare. Seems like Ted was right

As for McConnel, it is time for him to go, but not to that Dem they are running, another liberal progressive hack- it is highly unlikely she will beat McConnel.

15. Northern Flash

With all of the problems that are coming out with BarryCare, I'd say that Cruz was spot on. And who was it, Paul Ryan who was also spot on with his financial assessment of this mess? I'm not seeing the "embarrassment", I'm seeing leadership and accuracy. And we've only scratched the surface of the problems that will eventually surface with this BarryCare mess.

When the word embarrassment comes to mind, it's usually attached to this administration. They are a joke and I'm embarrassed for our country.

16. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

It would be nice if We elected a few hundred Tea Party guys from every State. I'd love to see another Reaganomic period before my death.

Go Blue !!

17. Northern Flash

Obama is doing a great job advertising for the rise of the Tea Party with all of his shenanigans.

Go Barry go.