ADuiePyle | The End Is near

out the door

TB Lurker
Credits
Dont want to start rumours, but seen many a companys start w/the part timers then scale back on everything else. Next thing sold or closed. Face it. In this day you at pyle are still profitable,good time for the Brothers 3 to sell out. It makes sense. any company who would buy them out would not have to worry about the age of equipment or facillitys. very little upkeep expense. So very true right? Dam I am Good.:clap:

Nope

Dont want to start rumours, but seen many a companys start w/the part timers then scale back on everything else. Next thing sold or closed. Face it. In this day you at pyle are still profitable,good time for the Brothers 3 to sell out. It makes sense. any company who would buy them out would not have to worry about the age of equipment or facillitys. very little upkeep expense. So very true right? Dam I am Good.:clap:

The thought my sound good, but if they haven't sold yet, they wont, very commited family owners.:smilie_132:

If they had wanted to sell it, they would have a few years ago when UPS and FedEx were lookin for carriers. they could have sold out and bought a small island to live on cuz they would have made top dollar. They are not going anywhere, they are 100% committed to the company.

If they had wanted to sell it, they would have a few years ago when UPS and FedEx were lookin for carriers. they could have sold out and bought a small island to live on cuz they would have made top dollar. They are not going anywhere, they are 100% committed to the company.
UPS or FEDEX would not buy a small carrier like PYLE.

Yea, they would have to put together a big company like USF did with new penn. they eliminated the weakest link and added a company that had much better service.

Yea, they would have to put together a big company like USF did with new penn. they eliminated the weakest link and added a company that had much better service.

USF didn't buy New Penn. YRC grouped New penn with its USF companies. IMO Red Star was not "the weakest link"

You Still Belive in the easter bunny too?

Chriscooch r you crazy? The Time to sell is now. pete,duie and jim can get top dollar for the company. Why would they care about what the employees think. With the exception of altoona, all terminals are in good shape and dont need repair to operate.As well as the equipment,ie, Trailers, trucks and all dock equipment. So to a company like R&L, ESTEES, FedEX,UPS Frieght Diue is a money maker. THe family would never sell to a Union carrier because of all the past problems and when pyle statred they were union and they broke the union. I belive there may be 1 or 2 guys left in Westchester that work for them back then.So listen to me, The economy sucks and pyle is downsizing, Its just a way to make it look more profitable to a perspective buyer. Oh yea, and SEFL buying Pyle? Will never happen. they are rock solid in the south where prices and all is more stable.Why would they want to enter a market where they know nothing about it. Thats all my story. I wish you all luck.

Saia Motor Freight might buy Pyle to complete their coverage area. They currently do not serve the northeast, and they are non-union.

All part-timers and dock workers are gone. Their long years of dedication to Pyle down the drain.

Their pay is saved but the company is now going to pay massive overtime to the full timers. Result = no savings. What is next "pyle pension plan" and no 401K match?

Never happen! Saia would not buy a union carrier.

Why not?? All the higher up are from YRC.They know how to deal with a union.
Besides,Saia is the last outfit anybody would want to deal with.They bled Jevic dry before they sold it to Sun Capital

All part-timers and dock workers are gone. Their long years of dedication to Pyle down the drain.

Their pay is saved but the company is now going to pay massive overtime to the full timers. Result = no savings. What is next "pyle pension plan" and no 401K match?
darla i think anything is on the table, to pay overtime to the peddlemen the only way i see them saving is with the bennies if you guys got bennies being part time? the thing is with no union they can cut anything they want good luck to you hope you can get on somewhere else.

Partially Wrong !

:TR10driving03:Not all dock workers are gone, many of the terminals still have dock workers working. Maybe you should check your facts b/4 posting things.:TR10driving03:

What terminal did you work at again, if you dare tell us ??

You are real good budrow. Learn to use spell check and try to format your thoughts so they make some sense!! God help you, please.:eck13:

i can tell you with absolute certainty, ALL ltl companies are now resorting to smaller business models, it is not profitable to have too much overhead in a stagnant market and nowadays bigger is not better. nobody would buy adp unless they were trying to put it under and no body is threatend by adp,s market share at the moment. we used to have the same rumors at conway. if anything did happen where they ran into trouble they would just lay off enough people to get them by and wait it out lets all do our best not to spread fear around the industry, or give some dumb ceo an even dumber idea