TForce | The end of facial hair?

Sad but true. I have a new UPSF Volvo. The thing looks like a 17 series now. Sure the inside is spotless, but I'm sure some customers look and think my freight is coming in on this? I wonder how they treat the freight if they don't take care of the equipment? You talk about having a little pride in how you look. It is also good advertisement to be clean.

I don't understand why they don't have some kind of wash plan like they do with parcel. We are such an eye sore out in the public. Its just not the UPS that the public knows.

I don't understand why they don't have some kind of wash plan like they do with parcel. We are such an eye sore out in the public. Its just not the UPS that the public knows.

It's about how the budget is controled. The local management won't spend there money on it and the regional managers won't either. The call will have to come from the top dogs, or it will never happen.:1036316054:

It's about how the budget is controled. The local management won't spend there money on it and the regional managers won't either. The call will have to come from the top dogs, or it will never happen.:1036316054:

Yes, top dogs with the EPA up your a$$. We are being told this is the reason for no washing the trucks on company property. We do not have a catch basin , and an appropriate way of diposing of the waste.

Yes, top dogs with the EPA up your a$$. We are being told this is the reason for no washing the trucks on company property. We do not have a catch basin , and an appropriate way of diposing of the waste.
You hit the EPA nail right on the dead!
That's exactly why certain terminals are not allowed to have equipment washed.

No EPA Approved Catch Basin No Wash
UPS Freight is not the only terminal effected.
We are not allowed to hose down our bug infested windows outside. We need to bring it into the shop with the catch basin.

We have a catch basin. A sewer cover leads straight to the river. :hysterical:

I guess all the parcel terminals have shop catch basins?

I would assume they are EPA compliant.

Here is an article that came out about 4 years ago.

Coming clean on truck washing: new compliance roles are affecting our industry

Just last year the EPA was hitting major trucking companies and inspecting their facilities and drains.
  • We were told we could no longer have our tractor trailers washed outside unless the vendor had proper water reclamation system that was approved for use by the EPA.
  • We were also told we could not even hose our tractors down with plain water because of the contaminants from our trucks would wash off and get into unapproved drains.
Now what happens when it rains? Hmmm Go figure:chairshot: I guess Mother Natures temper tantrums are excused.

The only approved drain we had was in the shop and unfortunately it is next to impossible to get your tractor in there due to the amount of crap they store in that section.

I would assume they are EPA compliant.

Here is an article that came out about 4 years ago.

Coming clean on truck washing: new compliance roles are affecting our industry

Just last year the EPA was hitting major trucking companies and inspecting their facilities and drains.
  • We were told we could no longer have our tractor trailers washed outside unless the vendor had proper water reclamation system that was approved for use by the EPA.
  • We were also told we could not even hose our tractors down with plain water because of the contaminants from our trucks would wash off and get into unapproved drains.
Now what happens when it rains? Hmmm Go figure:chairshot: I guess Mother Natures temper tantrums are excused.

The only approved drain we had was in the shop and unfortunately it is next to impossible to get your tractor in there due to the amount of crap they store in that section.

Yes, I am familiar with the truck washing laws. But we don't seem to be to concerned about the daily fuel pump spills and the massive oil, antifreeze, and gear oil leaks on all the old junkers leaking all over the yard. I guess the rain just washes it away.:chairshot:

Our linehaul drivers wash their own tractors,with their own soap.
theres a hose,and I brought in cat litter container thats the wash bucket now.

I also bring them in when they are empty of course.
My wife has to clean up after her 5 house cats,so she goes through a pail everyother week.

We also use them to carry road salt.
there real handy they have locking tops with handles so we can carry them in our tractors.

Back to the washing issue.
We city drivers don't have any enter on our Diad for a wash delay so we would have to wash our tractors on our own time.

Thats going to happen when you know where freezes over.
So we go with natures way.
Nature puts it on,and when it rains nature washes it off.

We city drivers don't have any enter on our Diad for a wash delay so we would have to wash our tractors on our own time.
Just to clarify, we road drivers that choose to wash our trucks would be doing it on our own time also....so I choose not to wash mine...
unless a wash bay is open to run through and at least wash the windshield...LOL

I won't manually wash their trucks for free.

Just to clarify, we road drivers that choose to wash our trucks would be doing it on our own time also....so I choose not to wash mine...
unless a wash bay is open to run through and at least wash the windshield...LOL

I won't manually wash their trucks for free.

Many years ago when it was a good company to work for, I would wash the tractor by hand or pressure wash where ever I could. The last few years, Forget about it. It can rot away. They don't care, I don't care. I will keep the inside and the windows spotless. Thats it. I do nothing extra. I only do what Im paid to do and thats it. Period!!

Many years ago when it was a good company to work for, I would wash the tractor by hand or pressure wash where ever I could. The last few years, Forget about it. It can rot away. They don't care, I don't care. I will keep the inside and the windows spotless. Thats it. I do nothing extra. I only do what Im paid to do and thats it. Period!!

Get this, In Dallas they are having a problem with driving accidents, so in order to bring accidents to an all time low, MGNT has decided to have a promotion and it is as follows.

If the roaddrivers has no accidents in FEB. they will be all taken out to an all you can eat steak dinner, now hear is the kicker, this was just ammended, if they have no accidents in FEB, not only do they get a steak dinner, they also get the authorization to wash thier trucks.

Now doesn't that make you all warm and fuzzy inside.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Get this, In Dallas they are having a problem with driving accidents, so in order to bring accidents to an all time low, MGNT has decided to have a promotion and it is as follows.

If the roaddrivers has no accidents in FEB. they will be all taken out to an all you can eat steak dinner, now hear is the kicker, this was just ammended, if they have no accidents in FEB, not only do they get a steak dinner, they also get the authorization to wash thier trucks.

Now doesn't that make you all warm and fuzzy inside.:biglaugh::biglaugh:
I hope we dont get our A1 mixed up with our armor all:biglaugh: