TForce | The end of facial hair?

When my terminal has no crashes in any month we are treated to a catered breakfast in our drivers room.
We've been doing this for about a year so far.

Steak would be nice,but breakfast for free is good as well!

When my terminal has no crashes in any month we are treated to a catered breakfast in our drivers room.
We've been doing this for about a year so far.

Steak would be nice,but breakfast for free is good as well!

This is where we have always said, different rules for different terminals. Allthough all terminals are alotted so much money for these type of functions, Our terminal has not seen any type of breakfast or dinners for about 6-7 years now. Accident free or not. So where does this money go, Not in the pockets of the employee's.

This is where we have always said, different rules for different terminals. Allthough all terminals are alotted so much money for these type of functions, Our terminal has not seen any type of breakfast or dinners for about 6-7 years now. Accident free or not. So where does this money go, Not in the pockets of the employee's.

Their saving up to buy a truck wash!!! Up here, same thing. We don't even get an attaboy. I'm a city rat, and continuously have driven accident and incident free for over 15yrs saving the Company millions in claims and lawsuits. And my terminal as a whole does a pretty good job too. It would not go unoticed if they came out and said here is a breakfast for all you do. The funny thing is the first oh sh!t, they come out and read the riot act.

Their saving up to buy a truck wash!!! Up here, same thing. We don't even get an attaboy. I'm a city rat, and continuously have driven accident and incident free for over 15yrs saving the Company millions in claims and lawsuits. And my terminal as a whole does a pretty good job too. It would not go unoticed if they came out and said here is a breakfast for all you do. The funny thing is the first oh sh!t, they come out and read the riot act.

Yes, your not kidding, it would be nice occasionally to hear that we are accomplishing something, unfortunatley it's below the TM, and everyone under him. Instead we recieve alot of childish behavior in the office. As if though they get thier jollies pissing people off, such a waste of a life. We all have a job to do, why make things worse.

From Facial hair to truck washing! What a confusing topic. Maybe se should split this topic and move all the truck wash replies into a new topic. (UPSF truck wash):hide:

For you guys hired before 3/6/2006 and are able to have beards.
Be careful when trimming them. If you screw it up and have to shave it all off you can no longer grow it back.

The Tm's will provide truck washes for every terminal.
I hose,bucket,and a spong.
Look for these items to arrive shortly.

Now back to the thread topic.
I remember a parcel driver with a tash.
it was one of those handle bar jobs that curled up on both sides.

UPS said he had to trim it so it wouldn't extend beyond the corners of his mouth.

He put in a grievence,it went to his boss,then his local union rep.'s finally it went as far as Wahington DC teamsters headquarters.
the ruling was company policy prevails.
Trim your tash,or beat feet out of here to work someplace else.
He told me he knew he was going to lose,but he wanted to try,and fight it anyways.

This driver was really a piece of work.
he's long since been retired about 5 years ago.
This same driver had yellow constructing boots he wore in the winter season.
UPS said buy black,or brown boots.

He did the same with the tash.
Teamsters in DC ruled with UPS they supply most of the uniform,so you have to comply with the colors of the uniform.

He said he knew he was going to get beat but he wanted to try anyways.

UPS said he had to trim it so it wouldn't extend beyond the corners of his mouth.

He put in a grievence,it went to his boss,then his local union rep.'s finally it went as far as Wahington DC teamsters headquarters.
He told me he knew he was going to lose,but he wanted to try,and fight it anyways.

Teamsters in DC ruled with UPS they supply most of the uniform,so you have to comply with the colors of the uniform.

The TM'S are not going to give us anything.........:smilie_132:

There have been recent court rulings on required clothing not provided, an the courts have said that the company must provide an economic avenue to purchase the required items.

What kind of court rulings and what would be required clothing?

I am going to have to do some internet diving to find the court ruling, but I do remember a recent one that dealt with this issue. Basically it was, any saftey item that is required must be supplied. Such as saftey shoes?

I am going to have to do some internet diving to find the court ruling, but I do remember a recent one that dealt with this issue. Basically it was, any saftey item that is required must be supplied. Such as saftey shoes?

I'm looking forward to reading that ruling.:1036316054:
I buy all my safety gear, cold weather gear and anything else not issued by UPS to make my life easier. I save the receipts and deduct them off my taxes.

Not UPS related:
I do recall mobile safety shoe companies making visits to companies, a 50.00 voucher was given by the company and issued every two years. If ever the employee needed a new pair within the two years they paid out of their own pockets.

What company provides these vochers Dockworker?
Nobody has ever offered to throw any money our way at my terminal.

In fact come to think about this.
When we were Overnite we got note pads,pens,and caps to hand out to our good customers.
We haven't seen any of that stuff except the week we were first rebranded?

For a company the size as ours you'd think their pockets would be deep.
But it turns out they are a tad on the cheap side.

When we were Overnite we got note pads,pens,and caps to hand out to our good customers.

Small Ma and Pa trucking companies offer these vouchers as well as many customers I've delivered too.
I see the Mobile van parked in the lot with employees going into the van during their breaks. I almost bought myself a nice pair of steel toed boots but I backed out cause I knew I could get them cheaper online.

I doubt we will see this type of perk at bigger trucking companies. It would be nice though.:1036316054:

You gotta know by now after posting so much Dockworker.
That we truckers are very good at making (U) turns on most subjects on this here trucking message board.

You gotta know by now after posting so much Dockworker.
That we truckers are very good at making (U) turns on most subjects on this here trucking message board.

You got that right! :1036316054:
You almost have to make truckingboards your life to keep up with what twists and turns are going on.:hide:

This is what made UPS what they are today APO.