Yellow | the exodus

van-are you really suffering from dementia? nobody pays less, retirement is less than 50bucks for five years. constant experiments with bids.
No dementia, but the vicodin is still working. YRC employees pay nothing for medical each week for family coverage. That is 80 bucks a week most places & tack on another 20 bucks for takes because the premium is after your pay has been taxed. . And the hourly pay is what, 2 or 3 bucks an hour less @ the non-union carrier. Jumping ship for that much more is to me quite a risk. Just asking. von

". And the hourly pay is what, 2 or 3 bucks an hour less @ the non-union carrier.
What you still living in the 90's? Try 3 to 5 more per hour at nons.

Not saying you're mistaken but for a long time now I've heard these stories about the great pay at the non's but I've yet to see actual proof like a copy of a pay stub. Care to provide that proof for all of us?

Not saying you're mistaken but for a long time now I've heard these stories about the great pay at the non's but I've yet to see actual proof like a copy of a pay stub. Care to provide that proof for all of us?
Come on. Surley you've seen ads online and in the newspaper stating the hourly rates? Or don't you believe those? I can't bring you Elvis's body, but I'm pretty sure he's not singing in Vegas any more.

Come on. Surley you've seen ads online and in the newspaper stating the hourly rates? Or don't you believe those? I can't bring you Elvis's body, but I'm pretty sure he's not singing in Vegas any more.

OK, so you're admitting you have no proof.

PS - I've seen ads saying that I can earn $200,000 a year working from home. So far I've only managed to make $190,000 so you can't always believe the ads.

OK, so you're admitting you have no proof.

PS - I've seen ads saying that I can earn $200,000 a year working from home. So far I've only managed to make $190,000 so you can't always believe the ads.
Really? Your comparing those work from home scams to an ad placed online stating their hourly pay? Why don't you request von to give you prove the nonunions are paying 2 to 3 dollars an hour less than us?

Has anyone talked to other ltl about their deductibles ? 2500 per person at some of the better ones.An O.D. driver told me he paid almost $7,000 for his wife to birth his baby.
The other thing to consider is the 23k the company contributes for our health and welfare
as it regards to competing.No other ltl contributes anything close to that.
I will say without the overtime I would probably be elsewhere .We have to work 60 hours to equal a $25/ hour job that works 60 hours at straight pay.

OK. Hey Von, where's your proof that the non's are paying 2-3 dollars per hour less than us?
I have none. But, all you have to do is stop by any parked ABF or Fed-Ex truck & ask the driver what his hourly is. Or ask him how much a year he pays for family medical coverage. About 5 grand more a year than a ABF or YRC driver under contract. Then there is the short term insurance Central States offers which Fed-Ex can not match. Not even close. Oh no. It cost me 60 bucks a month to not have to pay for weekly medical. Ok I lied, it did cost me 720 bucks a year not to have to pay 5 grand a year for my medical. A first grade student could figure that one out. Now lets dwell on the pension which is going broke & will cut my monthly check down the road. I had 17.2 years vested all with ABF. For my labor during that time, I am blessed with, are you ready, 2040.00 per month gross. Not a lot but it is 2040.00 more per month than I would have received @ Fed-Ex. So my friends, do the Math. Am I ahead money wise by working for a Union trucking company versus a non-union. You bet I am. I wish all the workers who are trying to go union for better wages & benefits the best, for it is a hard road to travel. von.

Has anyone talked to other ltl about their deductibles ? 2500 per person at some of the better ones.An O.D. driver told me he paid almost $7,000 for his wife to birth his baby.
The other thing to consider is the 23k the company contributes for our health and welfare
as it regards to competing.No other ltl contributes anything close to that.
I will say without the overtime I would probably be elsewhere .We have to work 60 hours to equal a $25/ hour job that works 60 hours at straight pay.
Under Central States Medical C-6 which is all ABF union members is 2 grand for family out of pocket expense or 1,000.00 per person with a family cap of 2,000.00. New knee on 2-10-2014. My total out of pocket was 585.00. 300 a week for short term back to work after 3 months. Not to many company's offer that kind of coverage. von.

It's funny that I have only saw one city driver quit and go to a non Union Ltl.
Everyone that quits goes to ABF, ups or the movie industry.
If people actually thought they were better jobs they would leave for them.
Most just run their mouths and bitch about their job.
Leave the wages out of it for a moment. If you look @ some of the benefits like medical, pension, etc, a employee working under a CBA suffers much less than someone without a CBA. The facts speak for them self. And in the movie business, key grips, camera operators, craft services all have excellent benefits. It is rare they quit the job they have because of the wages & the benefits. That is why they have a union, so they suffer less than a non-union employee. So do I want to work under a CBA? Based on my history with ABF & my union benefits, you bet I would. von.