On.
And on.
:cuss:
We get some good information here.
We get to vent here.
And we get to have fun here.
Most of us get it. The bs that is.
We all get this....... :poke:

You may call it BS, but I try to be very cereal about what I post.

No dementia, but the vicodin is still working. YRC employees pay nothing for medical each week for family coverage. That is 80 bucks a week most places & tack on another 20 bucks for takes because the premium is after your pay has been taxed. . And the hourly pay is what, 2 or 3 bucks an hour less @ the non-union carrier. Jumping ship for that much more is to me quite a risk. Just asking. von

---------------------------

2-3 $ are you kidding me ?

Old daminion is making 28 $ hour and some change
FedEx is at 27 $ an hour and some change
Ups freight is at 28 $ an hourand some change
Freaking central transport is at 24 and some
ABF is at 25 and some change $

AND you are trying to tell us we should be happy with what we have.... lol you must be joking

AND you are trying to tell us we should be happy with what we have.... lol you must be joking

OK, serious question. Why then are you still here?

2 bucks an hour diff in one 40 hour week is 80 bucks. times 4 is 320.a month more money, gross. Medical coverage like c-6 central states is 0 dollars a week @ ABF. union dues are 60 bucks a month. The same exact medical coverage @ OD or Fed EX will cost any employee @ least 100 bucks a week for family coverage. And that 400.00 a month medical premium you pay is after takes have been taken out. Say 25% off the gross means you are paying 500.00 a month after withholding. And OD does not pay OT until after say you have worked 45 or 50 hours. From the looks of things it is pretty dam expensive to work for that 2 bucks an hour more. I could tell you about other costs versus wages, but I wont. Just remember the grass is not always greener on the other side. Before hiring on with someone, look past the hourly & find out how much the medical will run weekly, deductions, out of pocket expense, on a $100,000 surgery, what is my out of pocket cost versus the other offer you have. Remember for the rest of your life, it is the details that can slap you up side the head. von.

2 bucks an hour diff in one 40 hour week is 80 bucks. times 4 is 320.a month more money, gross. Medical coverage like c-6 central states is 0 dollars a week @ ABF. union dues are 60 bucks a month. The same exact medical coverage @ OD or Fed EX will cost any employee @ least 100 bucks a week for family coverage. And that 400.00 a month medical premium you pay is after takes have been taken out. Say 25% off the gross means you are paying 500.00 a month after withholding. And OD does not pay OT until after say you have worked 45 or 50 hours. From the looks of things it is pretty dam expensive to work for that 2 bucks an hour more. I could tell you about other costs versus wages, but I wont. Just remember the grass is not always greener on the other side. Before hiring on with someone, look past the hourly & find out how much the medical will run weekly, deductions, out of pocket expense, on a $100,000 surgery, what is my out of pocket cost versus the other offer you have. Remember for the rest of your life, it is the details that can slap you up side the head. von.
To quote the Wise mud: it's about contentment.

Many on here are flat out miserable. Some, even those making less, or having more expenses, are content. That's where I fall. I never made a better decision than the day I resigned YRC, after being laid off in a letter from Yellow and called backed in a letter from Roadway....

IMO, those still here are trapped. Either by their chosen shift, or needing medical, or they are riding it to retirement. Trapped...

Many on here are flat out miserable. Some, even those making less, or having more expenses, are content. That's where I fall. I never made a better decision than the day I resigned YRC, after being laid off in a letter from Yellow and called backed in a letter from Roadway....

IMO, those still here are trapped. Either by their chosen shift, or needing medical, or they are riding it to retirement. Trapped...
How true your statement. But to rise out of the ashes, you must want to. Come vote time on the next contract, we will find out just how high they rise. von.

How true your statement. But to rise out of the ashes, you must want to. Come vote time on the next contract, we will find out just how high they rise. von.
Those that have a future are already gone. Sorry, but those remaining have little hope except hang on for whatever it takes to survive. There'll be no great success thru a strike. I was on Preston's picket line in (94?) Churchill walked out, down the street. They closed up for good. Danny Barrton and John Neal of Local 135 drove down Morris Street and told us to go clock in before we did too. Some of Yellow's dock guys came and worked casual for us til the strike was over...

Those that have a future are already gone. Sorry, but those remaining have little hope except hang on for whatever it takes to survive. There'll be no great success thru a strike. I was on Preston's picket line in (94?) Churchill walked out, down the street. They closed up for good. Danny Barrton and John Neal of Local 135 drove down Morris Street and told us to go clock in before we did too. Some of Yellow's dock guys came and worked casual for us til the strike was over...
You forgot to add an IMO with your post.

I heard that story. I worked with George Runion @ ABF & he was working @ Churchill when Danny said strike them. They won't close like the company threatened. If memory serves me right the very next day the owner of Churchill closed the company moved back to Missouri or wherever, & opened up a non-union trucking company. He told Barton what would happen if they struck him, & he followed through. Danny is still President of Local 135 with about 180,000 in total compensation, not counting his, I should say our Yukon for our dues paid for it. Oh well, life in the big city. von.

Contentment. Yes. One of my best friends quit a month ago and went to Walmart. Talk to him weekly. He tells me it is the easiest job he has ever had, and is treated with respect. Not a breakroom full of profanity either. Everyone talks to each other like they have known each other for years. Contentment. Yes.

Contentment. Yes. One of my best friends quit a month ago and went to Walmart. Talk to him weekly. He tells me it is the easiest job he has ever had, and is treated with respect. Not a breakroom full of profanity either. Everyone talks to each other like they have known each other for years. Contentment. Yes.
Perhaps there are employee's that see YRC the same way.

M

Ya parent were gonna move out there before we moved up north. I remember looking at places. I Was 13 years old. Probably all city out there now.
12-13 mile was out there back in the late 60's because I remember my parents were having a house built and the whole area houses were buying built. We played in the basements and hoses as they were being built.

My parents had 40 acres between Mt pleasant and midland. Moved there eventually.

Ah yes, Isabella county? Where the men are men & the sheep are nervous.

I have a brother an sister who still live there. Never saw any sheep.
But back then that was definitely the country. Haven't been back I quite awhile.
Isabella County.
I graduated from Shepherd.
Little hick school.

But back then that was definitely the country. Haven't been back I quite awhile.
Isabella County.
Little hick school.

JXWd4sg.jpg

Isabella County.
Little hick school.

Suburb of Alma. Which now has both a Meijer AND a Walmart. Heard it's now ok to make a ewe turn, just don't make her eyes bug out. :2437: