Yellow | The "Freight Gods" have finally smiled

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
We actually had a decent day of freight at 671 today!!:cool: All shifts worked OT and may do the same Saturday. The Furniture Market is gearing up, so our P+D drivers are getting plenty of OT, too. Spoke to a Road Driver that used to work with me on the "padio", and he told me to hurry and get my CDL's.:rolleyes: I understand that the road board is getting used up every week. What a difference a week makes......hope it hangs around!! DS.

Animo916 said:
Let's hope it keeps picking up and we can get those layoffs back to work...:bgroovy:
Amen to that!!!
Now you guys kick some of that freight over to Yellow and send it North for us to get back out!!! I've set 18 days and counting. And I'm mid Extra Board!!! Out of Columbus!!

profjt said:
Amen to that!!!
Now you guys kick some of that freight over to Yellow and send it North for us to get back out!!! I've set 18 days and counting. And I'm mid Extra Board!!! Out of Columbus!!

I'm new so I dont know all (any:) ) of the details yet, but wouldnt that be a situation where the wheel board is better than a seniority board?

EdgeFan57 said:
I'm new so I dont know all (any:) ) of the details yet, but wouldnt that be a situation where the wheel board is better than a seniority board?
In our barn the senior drivers will not even talk about a wheel board!!!

Roadkill said:
580 Little Rock has a pretty decent outbound but we desperatly need inbound!!!!!
Hey Road.......about the same in Winston. Saturday night and IB has little to nothin. OB pretty steady. DS.

CC's

I guess I spoke too soon. Came in this afternoon and the morning shift had been CCed. I guess it's just comming in spurts.:chairshot: I guess a steady flow of freight is too much to ask for!! DS.

May 15 something is going to break open here DS and 671 will be a major player with it:beerchug: Let us hope they do the forward thinking and do it right:duh:

Come on May 15!!!

screwy louiey said:
May 15 something is going to break open here DS and 671 will be a major player with it:beerchug: Let us hope they do the forward thinking and do it right:duh:
Going on what I have seen in the past........forward thinking would be a "forward looking statement"!!:rolleyes: They guys at 671 are ready, though. We need more, we want more, our L/O need more. It's just up to the "powers that be". DS.

If it does get its blessing from the powers that be and meeting of the minds You be the first to know when that first load is picked up from me brother.

Just a question.

Hey Lou.........you guys still picking up Hermes Abrasives up there?.......it's been a while since I saw any sandpaper. Good tonnage there. DS.

Docksteward said:
Hey Lou.........you guys still picking up Hermes Abrasives up there?.......it's been a while since I saw any sandpaper. Good tonnage there. DS.

That account wasn't operating as well as they expected it to. That account has been on every carriers trailers running out of here and it is discounted to heavily.

I think Estes or Averritt handles it now. We get some good inbound on it but we basically gave up on it. Should be seeing some wire and cable coming from us. Picked up 50k plus on a 53 tonight wide open running thru the tunnel 70mph couldn't hold it back and had to cut it loose. then I started climbing out of the tube at 25mph dropping gears with that load of auto parts. Should be seeing that tonight coming thru 671 ':goodvibes:

screwy louiey said:
Should be seeing some wire and cable coming from us. Picked up 50k plus on a 53 tonight wide open running thru the tunnel 70mph couldn't hold it back and had to cut it loose. then I started climbing out of the tube at 25mph dropping gears with that load of auto parts. Should be seeing that tonight coming thru 671 ':goodvibes:
Good job, my friend. Keep up the good work.......we need it!!:cool: DS.

End of the month

Looks like the end of the month has hit. With the change, and new cut times the freight comes in alot differently than before. Yesterday afternoon OB at 671 had 80 loads to start and 20 at the satellites:cool: That's not counting the city loads due in after 5 pm. On the flip side......IB was just dead. I guess it will take a little getting used to. Just glad to have the freight:bgroovy: TM said that we had over 2000 bills on Thursday, the most since the change. Friday there was over 2200. Also was told that Yellow would be moved into our old IB dock by July 1st. Lots of work going on over there. Fixing up the offices, working on the dockplates. Just wondering where they are going to put their equipment?? Sometimes it's tight with just us there. Some are asking if our garage is going to be servicing their equipment. DS.

Docksteward said:
Looks like the end of the month has hit. With the change, and new cut times the freight comes in alot differently than before.

Six punch yesterday, yard is full sunday morning crew still working outbound as we speak b/4 turning to the I/B. Seeing alot of newer smaller accounts we didn't service b/4 as well as retail stores. One account on my run is making us primary now as it s shipments are moving real quick thru its lane.

Moparman said:
I heard we got the bed bath and beyond account.Overnite had it and then dumped it when UPS took over.
I noticed a few more BBB shipments lately. I think they are "precision" shipments. More freight, more $$. DS.