Yellow | The "Freight Gods" have finally smiled

Docksteward said:
Looks like the end of the month has hit. With the change, and new cut times the freight comes in alot differently than before. Yesterday afternoon OB at 671 had 80 loads to start and 20 at the satellites:cool: That's not counting the city loads due in after 5 pm. On the flip side......IB was just dead. I guess it will take a little getting used to. Just glad to have the freight:bgroovy: TM said that we had over 2000 bills on Thursday, the most since the change. Friday there was over 2200. Also was told that Yellow would be moved into our old IB dock by July 1st. Lots of work going on over there. Fixing up the offices, working on the dockplates. Just wondering where they are going to put their equipment?? Sometimes it's tight with just us there. Some are asking if our garage is going to be servicing their equipment. DS.
Doubt it, We can't even get fuel from the terminals we share with them.

My question is:: Will the Freight Gods ever Smile in 2007??? Or will we have to wait til Gas gets below $2.00 a gallon?? Political change??? When and if a contract is hammered out and voted on ??? A DHL takeover??? So many possible solutions and one common goal,,,,,We Need More Freight.... Stay tuned as answers to these questions may be revealed in 2008.Until then don't take any wooden nickels..:hide:

Keep dreaming!!!!! The price of gas is only going to go up, it will never come down below $2.75 again. It would be nice to have it back to a buck fifty or less though!!!

Keep dreaming!!!!! The price of gas is only going to go up, it will never come down below $2.75 again. It would be nice to have it back to a buck fifty or less though!!!
Oh I know it will never go down much below $2.75..And in time we Americans will start driving more economical cars and trucks again,,therefore having a little extra $$ to spend,,which in turn will help our economy..

( Rememember Be American.....Buy American) that's the best thing you can do for your nieghbor..

Can anyone explain to me why diesel is higher than gas, other than greed?? For years I can remember it being 30,40,50 cents cheaper than gas............now it's more. From what I have heard, diesel isn't refined as much as gas, thus the lower price. I may be misinformed, someone tell me different. DS.

product and demand.... refineries pick which to produce more of....

when they produce more diesel then it floods the market and the price goes down and vice versa when they make unleaded fuel.

They can make the price what they want when they want on any product they have

when they produce more diesel then it floods the market and the price goes down and vice versa when they make unleaded fuel.

That's what I thought, Jeff.

I really think that the big picture is that in the 90's the government passed laws dealing with environmental protections involving refineries. In order for them to fall in line with government regulations, they would have to spend billions. So they stopped building refineries. You can only run so much crude through a limited amount of refineries. DS.

:

Got gas today for 265.9, down from 271.9 from one week ago. But diesel is still higher by a dime.:USA:

I might be wrong here but I beleive that there are higher taxes per gallon on diesel that regular gas.

I think the reason why diesel is higher in price than gas is because there are more diesels out there in the private sector. I know myself I have replaced my gas pickup with a Duramax, and I just love the power and fuel economy. Volkswagen has a good diesel also; I would love to have a Jetta TDI. The more diesels out the higher the demand.

Can anyone explain to me why diesel is higher than gas, other than greed?? For years I can remember it being 30,40,50 cents cheaper than gas............now it's more. From what I have heard, diesel isn't refined as much as gas, thus the lower price. I may be misinformed, someone tell me different. DS.

Thats all true, more or less.

Back in the early 1970's, before the 73/74 "oil crisis", diesel fuel was about 18 or 20 CPG with regular leaded gasoline at 30 to 35 CPG.

Its true that the new diesel fuel produced now has much more sulfer removed in the refining process then back then ,but the price per gallon was close or equal to gasoline long *before* the new regulations came into effect, not after.

Its just plain old oil company greed, with demand vs. production driving the prices up even higher, IMO.