New Penn | The future

Once again, the sky is falling routine. Instead of playing into the possible " what if " scenarios, let's wait and see how the Holland issue works out and then follow that up with listening to the conference call on April 24th.
Let's remember, YRC still has many terminals to be sold that will infuse cash into the operation, plus the fact we as employees have helped reduce operating costs.
Things don't happen overnight, the world's economy won't recover overnight either.
Let's try and keep a positive outlook. Negativity does nothing except promote anger and frustration.

positive outlook

As a YRC employee I feel better reading your board than my own. At least things show some promise here.

Reading the YRC forum is like watching CNN. You should read the forum just once a day and then stay away. It is just the same doom and gloom twenty-four hours a day.

Once again, the sky is falling routine. Instead of playing into the possible " what if " scenarios, let's wait and see how the Holland issue works out and then follow that up with listening to the conference call on April 24th.
Let's remember, YRC still has many terminals to be sold that will infuse cash into the operation, plus the fact we as employees have helped reduce operating costs.
Things don't happen overnight, the world's economy won't recover overnight either.
Let's try and keep a positive outlook. Negativity does nothing except promote anger and frustration.

I don't think YRC owns anything any longer.. They are asking the banks to release terminals already in collateral so they can use them as collateral to the union for pension deferments.

Couldn't find somewhere else to post that negativity??????????????????

Is there any positive to add? and the answer isssssssssssssssssssssssssss... A BIG NO !!!
but then again, we've operated at a 100 for past couple weeks.. I guess thats more positive than the 107 we were at for month of february:biglaugh:

Is there any positive to add? and the answer isssssssssssssssssssssssssss... A BIG NO !!!
but then again, we've operated at a 100 for past couple weeks.. I guess thats more positive than the 107 we were at for month of february:biglaugh:
100 the past couple of weeks and 107 in february. Wow, the comments that have been posted lately saying Holland was the cause of the high operating ratio must be correct. Oh darn thats right, we where still working back then!!!!!

100 the past couple of weeks and 107 in february. Wow, the comments that have been posted lately saying Holland was the cause of the high operating ratio must be correct. Oh darn thats right, we where still working back then!!!!!

Those OR's I posted were just the cinnaminson terminal numbers. And if the rates on the holland freight weren't so bad..maybe we would be doing better..:biglaugh:

Hey NEW PENN(I NO EVERTHING ) 107
Is there any thing you dont no? And i guess the answer isssssssssssssssssss...A BIG NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was told-and not by some road driver- that we ended 2008 with a positive o/r. as of last firday he hadn't seen 1st quarter figures yet,but feb.was bad month and company operated at a 105. if you holland guys that are on this thread want to beleive you were makeing this huge profit and the company saying you were loseing 2 mil.a week is just bulls%$t. i and i'm sure many others at npme could care less. cause the way npme operates,if were breaking even,there isn't another union carrier in the north east makeing a dime.over heard a ex-holland , now npme worker,telling one of the holland road drivers," job, it's ok,but they do everything differant here". that everything differant is why we have always made money here at npme. pulled a load out of trenton tonight ,direct load for holland upper mid-west, several differant states, out of 15 bills, maybe 2,showed any kind of decent revunue, for npme or for holland. most were npme 45-48$ and holland 60-80$ .and that cut for holland has to cover your linehaul also. i've been seeing these rates for the last week and it's all the same.