ODFL | The Future!

You're bleeding too much green like a line driver that isn't effected by the daily bull the rest of us deal with because all they do is hold a steering wheel with no real challenges to face in their entire day.
Why don't you become a line driver if they have it so easy? Serious question, not trying to initiate an argument with you.

Why don't you become a line driver if they have it so easy? Serious question, not trying to initiate an argument with you.

In a day and age when finding good city help is impossible to find like me and Kenneth it is my responsibility to do the job that requires a little bit of hard work and keep the promises to the world of this money hungry outfit.

Billy 3.0 folks...he does it all. Everyone else just holds wheels, clicks a mouse, presses buttons, and makes life harder for the "real employees"

Give me my bills and watch me work wonders while you're on the phone all day babysitting the cdl grads.

That's just business. Maybe you should go work for a non-profit.

My point is growing to fast causes all kind of problems that growing at a managed pace does not. To much freight at once, not enough equipment or people. This then makes customers unhappy and go elsewhere. This is less likely to happy at a slower growth. I am not sales or management but I know what has worked at my terminal in the past and what has happened since the change of management here and corp.

Maybe so -- but flip side is -- when you've only ever seen your little bubble, with you at the center of the company's universe -- it's almost impossible to to see the big picture of how things work.

I am guaranteed not at the center..And once again I am speaking my terminal not the whole company

My point is growing to fast causes all kind of problems that growing at a managed pace does not. To much freight at once, not enough equipment or people. This then makes customers unhappy and go elsewhere. This is less likely to happy at a slower growth. I am not sales or management but I know what has worked at my terminal in the past and what has happened since the change of management here and corp.

I agree...growing pains are a real issue. But we aren't going to turn away business if people want to give us their freight and it makes money.

What change of management at CPT? Most of the core leaders from the last 10 years are there. Before 10 years ago -- we didn't do so hot numbers wise.

breakdown pay = 10.00 once phone call made to road rescue,ends when your rolling....
delay pay = 10.00 pays 1 hour after schedule cut time or meet time..
I am happy that we are moving in a positive direction...

Reactions: Ump
CCX was founded on the drivers being an the key to growth,control on damages,safety,the companies forward momentum. as years went on,more college kids,less drivers,the company started its downward spiral.. in order to go up,you must be a driver first. supervisors were few, then they bred.
drivers knew freight,knew where it could default to when loading it. close trailers,put trailers to dock. the drivers were involved,now... who knows..
when they started to pull away from there original plan,starting the demise of ccx.. drivers could slip into a supervisors position,when they were short or sick.. it is funny how drivers vent here,yet somethings are bitchy..but all are of a GREAT concern for the company they are passionate about... someone tells me about operations,and he/she does not listen to his forces? that to me is bad leadership.. show me terminal that has a good leader,with a plan,and structured terminal rules.. you will have a positive work environment,profitable...

Maybe so -- but flip side is -- when you've only ever seen your little bubble, with you at the center of the company's universe -- it's almost impossible to to see the big picture of how things work.
why do you guys complicate it ? it's about MONEY! sell the service,pick up the freight,transfer,load into line haul trailer,move to next point or break.. so on,so on till delivery term. load to city trailer deliver.. these are the only points to control... ours !! big picture? 16 years in freight,hasn't changed,has it.. nope,not at all...:grouphug:

a little hard on the "UMP" aren't you ????
Don't worry, I have him on ignore. As soon as he started talking about watching people in the bathroom and bad mouthing OD on the Conway board I got as far from him as possible.

Don't worry, I have him on ignore. As soon as he started talking about watching people in the bathroom and bad mouthing OD on the Conway board I got as far from him as possible.

This guy has responded to many of my postings ever since he claimed I was blocked!